Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The way I understand it, his own service's court system could only convict him of posing with a body - aquitted on all the other alleged offenses. Then people who did not testify to the effect or could not prove it, who have huge holes in their story including lack of a consistent timeline, who assert he killed hundreds of 'innocent' people but can't seem to come up with any hard evidence - their interviews with the press of all things are dredged up to try to move public opinion on the matter. 'Testimony' not given under oath.

Then Trump pardons him of the 'crime' of posing with a dead enemy

I think his branch was determined to squeeze some kind of result out of their expenditure of resources. Trump really only comes to mind as allegory; another for whom the system was stacked against him in every possible way and that system still couldn't touch him, although they won't stop trying. I can certainly see why Trump would find the case compelling

The system acquitted him of murder, and then we’ve been debating whether soldiers should just get to kill enemies indiscriminately just because he thinks they deserve it. We haven’t been discussing whether it was okay to pose with the dead body, for which there was evidence. That’s the thing Trump pardoned him for.

It sounds like it’s very possible the murder charges could have been dredged up. But the crime he was convicted for he was guilty of committing. He did it. I just wonder if Trump hadn’t pardoned him; if, say, it were Obama who pardoned him, would the arguments flip? Would you be more capable of saying, nah, dude’s kinda guilty of the crime he was convicted for. Maybe the president should stay out of it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The system acquitted him of murder, and then we’ve been debating whether soldiers should just get to kill enemies indiscriminately just because he thinks they deserve it. We haven’t been discussing whether it was okay to pose with the dead body, for which there was evidence. That’s the thing Trump pardoned him for.

It sounds like it’s very possible the murder charges could have been dredged up. But the crime he was convicted for he was guilty of committing. He did it. I just wonder if Trump hadn’t pardoned him; if, say, it were Obama who pardoned him, would the arguments flip? Would you be more capable of saying, nah, dude’s kinda guilty of the crime he was convicted for. Maybe the president should stay out of it.

I would have to think that on INGO, barring the usual suspects, that the benefit of the doubt would go to the man on the spot and INGO would be in favor of the pardon even if done by Obama. A pardon for a more political sin quite unrelated to warfighting, say ginning up controversy over policy disagreements from safely behind a desk (looking at you Lt Colonel Vindman) I don't think would be received well

Do not mistake me; if a soldier were convicted of indiscriminately killing non-combatants in theatre, INGO would approve such a conviction if gained in a free and open proceeding

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Taking history as an example, in modern times, questions were asked about why Charles McVay, the captain of the Indianapolis, was prosecuted for hazarding his command. Today, I think ordinary citizens think he was unfairly treated and President Clinton posthumously exonerated him of his conviction. What was the Navy's purpose in pursuing the prosecution many years ago? We'll probably never know the real truth of it.

From what I've read the Navy looked pretty bad in not realizing for several days that they had lost a ship. Those several days ended up costing hundreds of sailors their lives. So, true to form, the Navy had to have someone to blame. I guess they hoped that the discussion over whether the good Captain had done everything in his power to ensure the safety of his ship might distract from the fact that the Navy certainly had not done a very good job of keeping track of said ship. Ironically, they were returning from delivering parts of the atomic bomb to Tinian. Had they been overdue on the first leg of that journey, by even a few hours, you can bet that search planes and ships would have been scouring the ocean looking for them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And how do you get them to vote for your side?

Call them all these things.

PtsL4SX.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    do these people really believe this and are this crazy????

Nope, they’re just being hyperbolic, and explaining how much stuff Trump supporters tend to be blind to, or dismiss with some excuse. Obviously some of that stuff is wrong, but some of it IS right.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Nope, they’re just being hyperbolic, and explaining how much stuff Trump supporters tend to be blind to, or dismiss with some excuse. Obviously some of that stuff is wrong, but some of it IS right.

sorry but ALL of it is dead wrong in my book....oh and too...im not blind..

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    sorry but ALL of it is dead wrong in my book....oh and too...im not blind..

Nepotism? Besides the obvious, Jared and Ivanka, how about Omarosa, Lynne Patton, and Kyle Yunaska? Look them up if you’re unfamiliar with the names.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Only to the extent they agree with any of those things. Just because you vote for a candidate doesn’t mean you agree with or support everything the candidate does. But anyway, the only things on the list that might be things he’s actually done are nepotism and “climate denial”. That’s in quotes because I think they meant “climate change denial”.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So here's a fun one. A Reddit user bragged, in a private message, that he deliberately failed to resuscitate 11 known elderly Trump supporters.

He also boasted about tampering with their food, withholding medicine, and giving them incorrect medicine.

4chan tracked him down.

4chan does a better job of finding criminals than the FBI, at times.

https://nationalfile.com/exclusive-...ing-elderly-trump-supporters-in-nursing-home/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So here's a fun one. A Reddit user bragged, in a private message, that he deliberately failed to resuscitate 11 known elderly Trump supporters.

He also boasted about tampering with their food, withholding medicine, and giving them incorrect medicine.

4chan tracked him down.

4chan does a better job of finding criminals than the FBI, at times.

https://nationalfile.com/exclusive-...ing-elderly-trump-supporters-in-nursing-home/

If they did it, they are a prime candidate for the death penalty... if I supported it. I did a little investigating myself. The person who claimed to have done those crimes, is an internal auditor; so it's doubtful the claims are true. Nevertheless, if it's confirmed that the person who said those things, said them, there's no way they keep their job. And that's a good thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom