• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    C'mon, Alpo. When you talk numbers cites are most important. Are you talking on a total dollar basis or a percentage basis, and if it is total auto industry vs total number of farmers then what does the per capita look like

If you're 5 bucks short on a $20 bar tab and I sprout you, I've bailed you out to the tune of 5 bucks or 25% depending on if your agenda is to make the amounts look small or exorbitant

https://www.axios.com/trump-trade-w...out-c6eaf580-381b-422f-8c3d-886f3f9e6115.html

That isn't my original source. I read the number of $39 billion.

It is Super Tuesday and I have more to do than look back for a cite that you could just as easily do if you used google instead of ****book.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...-taxpayers-in-2019-and-hardly-anyone-objected

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.politifact.com/factchec...hecking-trumps-farm-bailout-vs-obamas-gm-res/

The Trump administration’s assistance to farmers who have been hurt in the trade war with China is $28 billion — about half the size of the Treasury’s $50 billion bailout of General Motors, not twice the size.
    Only $6.7 billion of the bailout ended up as loans, which GM did pay back. But in the end, the government lost $11.2 billion in the bailout. Farmers are not expected to repay their aid.

Now let's talk about how much banks and insurance companies got

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Who would have thought Trump would become counter culture like it has all accross the country...

In the 60s, conservative values dominated culture in this country. That's why rebellion and counterculture made a sharp left.

Since then, values and culture have trended left. I makes perfect sense for today's counterculture to move to the right.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In the 60s, conservative values dominated culture in this country. That's why rebellion and counterculture made a sharp left.

Since then, values and culture have trended left. I makes perfect sense for today's counterculture to move to the right.

Just enough to slow the trend left.

Just vote for the person that will slow it down. It's inevitable.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    FFA is an organization.

I'm not talking about the school prohibiting.
    The school shouldn't be able to.

At the Legion, I can express my position.
    But, the Legion is supposed to be apolitical.
    Therefore, we don't sponsor political rallies there.
    And I can give my position, but not as an officer.

Okay.
    I'm altering my response.
    I thought the FFA was saying no flags.
    Instead, it was the school.

So, I had a misunderstanding.
    The school should be told to pound sand.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since we're dealing in fantasy here ... Saruman approves of this message

Honestly though. Pick a large section of America's history.... from Birth to Today, for example... which way have we gone?

Kids are being taught very specifically in public schools a certain way of thinking. Some break out of it, sure... but there are definitely "This is right, this is wrong" mindsets being put in them. Do we have more free speech than we ever did? Do we have more gun freedom than we ever did? Do we have more personal freedom and privacy than we ever did?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We have kids who are all special. We have a generation of teens and recent adults who insist on establishing their neurotics as a protected class.

I dunno.....my dad always told me that I wasn't special and he'd could make another one of me at any time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Honestly though. Pick a large section of America's history.... from Birth to Today, for example... which way have we gone?

Kids are being taught very specifically in public schools a certain way of thinking. Some break out of it, sure... but there are definitely "This is right, this is wrong" mindsets being put in them. Do we have more free speech than we ever did? Do we have more gun freedom than we ever did? Do we have more personal freedom and privacy than we ever did?

This is something I just don't get. People who think they can't do something almost always turn out to be right.

I don't really care what the easily manipulated polls and 'studies' say, that alternative is simply unacceptable to me and I will not yield. "The Emerging Democratic Majority" has turned out to be just another sticky midnight awakening

The future is unwritten

When they kick in your front door, how you gonna' come?
    With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is something I just don't get. People who think they can't do something almost always turn out to be right.

I don't really care what the easily manipulated polls and 'studies' say, that alternative is simply unacceptable to me and I will not yield. "The Emerging Democratic Majority" has turned out to be just another sticky midnight awakening

The future is unwritten

I mean, you're not wrong. It's absolutely worth fighting for, so I still vote. I'm just pessimistic and don't see a lot of the freedoms we currently have sticking around decades from now. I hope I'm wrong.

"Conservatism" is becoming taboo, like one of those things you're embarrassed to share in public. Left has done a lot of work to make that the case.

Meh, I only know what I know, in the places I frequent, the communities I participate in. Maybe the larger picture is more optimistic than what I see.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We have kids who are all special. We have a generation of teens and recent adults who insist on establishing their neurotics as a protected class.

I dunno.....my dad always told me that I wasn't special and he'd could make another one of me at any time.

A lot of Dads were like that.
    I think it was in the job description.
    But now...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

There, there now. It's OK. We think you are special. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I mean, you're not wrong. It's absolutely worth fighting for, so I still vote. I'm just pessimistic and don't see a lot of the freedoms we currently have sticking around decades from now. I hope I'm wrong.

"Conservatism" is becoming taboo, like one of those things you're embarrassed to share in public. Left has done a lot of work to make that the case.

Meh, I only know what I know, in the places I frequent, the communities I participate in. Maybe the larger picture is more optimistic than what I see.

The election of Trump and his performance in office, two things thought unlikely, should tell you things can always be made better, but not if one hides their conservatism as the price of acceptance. If the choices are reduced to fight for what you want or roll over, I hope you'll think carefully while you still have that choice. Sorry it sounds so jingoistic, and like I'm making hoeing that row sound less tough than it is, but I'm sure I'm not alone in losing friends and family over defending my beliefs. "If it was easy, everybody would be doing it"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Pretty much. Common culture now is left. The rebellion of counterculture then is towards the right. But not "right" as in socially conservative.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Along similar lines, NYC eliminated cash bail for many offenses earlier this year and it has backfired badly for them. It turns out that simply releasing criminals under "pretrial supervision" allows them to go out and commit more crimes without effective restraint. The justification for eliminating bail was that it discriminated against the poor, while forgetting that it was instituted to help protect the public.

Op-Ed: New York's bail reform disaster is about to become a major election issue

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok, so this isn't going like we planned, but everyone will totally act responsibly when we start handing out $1000 per month.

Along similar lines, NYC eliminated cash bail for many offenses earlier this year and it has backfired badly for them. It turns out that simply releasing criminals under "pretrial supervision" allows them to go out and commit more crimes without effective restraint. The justification for eliminating bail was that it discriminated against the poor, while forgetting that it was instituted to help protect the public.

Op-Ed: New York's bail reform disaster is about to become a major election issue

To be filed under "Duh!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom