Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    True, but unlike the last president, the current one has used rhetoric about a rigged election, if he lost, that could possibly be used as justification.

Should a president leave office if he’s defeated in an election he believes is “rigged?”

Surely you don't believe that's remotely possible...

There hasn't been a single hint given by him that he would do something like that... just really sensationalist journos constantly asking the question to make their readers think it's possible

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Surely you don't believe that's remotely possible...

There hasn't been a single hint given by him that he would do something like that... just really sensationalist journos constantly asking the question to make their readers think it's possible

Right, one has to be careful about this though - There is absolutely zero chance that Trump would ever do anything like this. However the dumocraps have a history of accusing Republicans of what they are guilty of. They are the ones that keep bringing this up so they are the ones that need watching - that is if they ever manage to win an election again with their bat-**** crazy platform.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    True, but unlike the last president, the current one has used rhetoric about a rigged election, if he lost, that could possibly be used as justification.

Should a president leave office if he’s defeated in an election he believes is “rigged?”
    Who is the party that complained about 2016 being rigged? Who didn’t accept that result?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Who is the party that complained about 2016 being rigged? Who didn’t accept that result?

Didn't accept the election results, didn't accept the results of the Mueller investigation, didn't accept the acquittal from the impeachment, didn't accept the SOTU (Nancy's little temper tantrum)... I'm sensing a pattern here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    These people are ****ing insane.

m5eJnGM.png

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    These people are ****ing insane.

m5eJnGM.png
    Yeah they are. If people think history wont be repeating itself soon then they are living in lal a land. The left IS ****ING CRAZY, VIOLENT, AND TRUE ENEMIES OF THE REPUBLIC. wake the **** up America and be ready. Stash food, water, some guns and bullets, medical supplies. And more importantly get training if you don't have it and keep it current. Good people will find each other when shtf. Stay alive. Be good to each other. Preserve your smaller communities and in turn Protect the nation. Keep these commie mother ****ers from ending freedom. Never ever vote for another damn democrat and teach your kids right and not to vote for the D too.

Guarenteed if a democrat becomes president in 2021 THEY (the left) will burn cities. Loot everything they can. Rape, murder people especially police officers. And Beat anyone they assume is a republican. It will happen mark my words.
    They are violent terrorists

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Winning?

The Philippines has decided to discontinue the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) it signed with the United States since the 1990s. The withdrawal would take effect this August. A senior editor then suggested that China would take advantage of the deterioration of the US-Philippine alliance and focus on its regional ambitions in the country.
    https://www.btimesonline.com/articl...rces-agreement-raises-stakes-china-region.htm

If this is the world showing us "respect again," they got a funny way of showing it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait, are you saying my that my post was incorrect? Do you need a cite?

C’mon man. This Cathy Newman **** doesn’t work. I’m saying the party that has actually behaved like they didn’t accept the results of an election in the past, is more likely to behave like they don’t accept the results of an election in the future. Trump refused to say he would accept the results of the 2016 election if it looked like democrats cheated. But you want to extrapolate that into supporting the idea that he would refuse to step down if he lost in 2020. And that’s an absurd speculation not supported by any evidence.

So what would you be willing to wager that if Trump is re-elected, Democrats will not accept the 2020 results in the same way they did not accept the 2016 election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Duterte has never been a friend of the U.S.. He never had any respect to withdraw. This has more to do with him wanting to align with China (certainly not a friend of the U.S.) than it does "losing respect" for us.
    Early on Duterte sucked Trump’s uh, you know.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    C’mon man. This Cathy Newman **** doesn’t work. I’m saying the party that has actually behaved like they didn’t accept the results of an election in the past, is more likely to behave like they don’t accept the results of an election in the future. Trump refused to say he would accept the results of the 2016 election if it looked like democrats cheated. But you want to extrapolate that into supporting the idea that he would refuse to step down if he lost in 2020. And that’s an absurd speculation not supported by any evidence.

So what would you be willing to wager that if Trump is re-elected, Democrats will not accept the 2020 results in the same way they did not accept the 2016 election.

The conversation string was about president's refusing to leave office, not what their respective parties would do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The conversation string was about president's refusing to leave office, not what their respective parties would do.
    Refusing to leave office is refusing to accept the results of the election. The conversation includes what I added, that it would be more likely that democrats would refuse to accept election results than Trump, based on actual behavior. There isn’t any credible indicator contrary to that. You’re welcome to make your case though. Have at it. :popcorn:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Refusing to leave office is refusing to accept the results of the election. The conversation includes what I added, that it would be more likely that democrats would refuse to accept election results than Trump, based on actual behavior. There isn’t any credible indicator contrary to that. You’re welcome to make your case though. Have at it. :popcorn:

I didn't attempt to make that case. I simply stated that the current president, unlike the last president has used rhetoric about elections being rigged, and that how he possibly might not accept the results. Full stop.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't attempt to make that case. I simply stated that the current president, unlike the last president has used rhetoric about elections being rigged, and that how he possibly might not accept the results. Full stop.

I'll ask again... Based on...? Media speculation? Has any serious person put forth this scenario with any evidence? Or is it just thrown around to stoke some of that "what if" fear?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom