The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That was the first article I saw this morning on it. I was disappointed to see that Cruz was on-board since they were getting money for hurricane recovery.

I think Cruz was beaten up so badly by the Trump train in 2016, he's decided to play it safer from here on out. He's still better than most of them but he's faded back into the background since the election.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    True that....Derby....Fast horses and faster Jets....The day before Thunder we usually sit some chairs out in front of the shop and watch some nice practice runs and the planes coming in.....We'll be sitting here in the shop and all of a sudden your heart will start pounding and we all look up and run outside as a bad a** jet comes flying over making your chest hurt from either pride or just the sound....

I know what you mean about that heart pounding part. A number of years ago, we had a department manager that was an F-4 pilot. One day, he was on duty and decided to a buzz of the plant. I happened to be walking between buildings when he flew over. HOLY COW! I didn't know what it was until later but talking about heart pounding.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They have air shows. Why not have tank shows for that. People who geek out on military hardware can then geek out on that.

I think the bold text quoted is a pretty good reason not to have military parades. It's what the dicktaters do. Instead, act like you've been in the end-zone before.

Okay...I am firmly in camp "nay"....Thanks for your thoughtful and well articulated insight Jordan I mean Jamil......:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I stopped in for some Friday afternoon Salma. :(

salma-hayek.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, now hold on. Certainly I did not take the time to make it clear, but I am adding to what you're saying, about a very narrow part of what you said. I never had any thought that you were justifying Jones. I was just taking an idea further. Separate that from the rest and see if what you think I said makes any sense. That would be how I meant for my post to be taken.

And I think I do need to apologize for that. I'm sorry, it's just how I tend to post. Something I read triggers a thought and I have to explore that thought, and I often explore those kinds of thoughts by writing about them. I often don't know where they'll go until I've written it out. Often when I do that with Alpo, for example, he thinks I'm attacking him. All I did with his "Nazi" post was explore his thought to its logical conclusion. That's essentially what I did with yours, except in this case it was tangentially to your point.

Apologies. Hackles down

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    President Donald Trump won't release the Democratic rebuttal to the Republican intelligence memo alleging FBI abuses of its surveillance authority at this time, and has sent it back to the House Intelligence Committee for changes.

In a letter to the committee, White House Counsel Donald McGahn said, "although the President is inclined to declassify the February 5th Memorandum, because the Memorandum contains numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages, he is unable to do so at this time."
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/politics/democratic-memo-trump-wont-declassify/index.html

OMG, I'm shocked! So the president, without setting eyes on the Nunes Memo (at the SOTU) assures people that it will be released... but the Democratic Memo, the one that had a unanimous support for release from the Republican-dominated Intelligence committee, he decides not to release. Apparently, the POTUS who doesn't attend regular intelligence meetings, and prefers verbal briefings, has a better grasp of sensitive information than a committee designed for that purpose. Thank you dear leader for looking out for our best interests!

The House Intelligence Committee voted unanimously Monday to release a Democratic rebuttal to GOP accusations that the FBI misled a secret surveillance court. President Trump now has five days to decide whether the information will become public.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...91602206fb7_story.html?utm_term=.4b4bc403edf3

I have no idea why, after saying the Nunes Memo "vindicates" him that he would block a memo that contradicts Nunes.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]
    I have no idea why, after saying the Nunes Memo "vindicates" him that he would block a memo that contradicts Nunes.

Sure you do. Even you can figure it out

Full memo here:
    https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-legislative-branch-declassification-request/
    Executive Branch Responds To Minority Legislative Branch Declassification Request…

From page 1

Consistent with the review of the previous memorandum, the President asked the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice to assess the declassification request and provide him recommendations. The Department has identified portions of the February 5th Memorandum the disclosure of which it believes would create especially significant concerns for the national security and law enforcement interests. The enclosed letter from the Deputy Attorney General and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation explain these determinations in greater detail

From page 3

Enclosed please find a version of the document that identifies, in highlighted text, information the release of which would present such concerns in light of longstanding principles regarding the protection of intelligence sources and methods, ongoing investigations, and other similarly sensitive information. We have further identified, in red boxes, the subset of such information for which national security or law enforcement concerns are especially significant. Our determinations have taken into account the information previously declassified by the President as communicated in a letter to HPSCI Chairman Devin Nunes dated February 2, 2018

Signed by Rosenstein and Wray. Are they Trump tools now that they wont roll over for Dems, either?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That is a beautiful photo of the Arc De Full Retreat...

It's optics Bug....No matter how you stack it a big military parade would put us in the same optics (due to a biased media I admit) as France, North Korea, and Russia....Trump takes enough heat as it is and I feel a parade like that would give the MSM another week to dog pile on the POTUS.....There are going to be many battles ahead as we continue, all of us, to MAGA....

This is one skirmish I am willing to sit out....

All offered IMHO and with the utmost respect to you sir....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Brilliant political strategy by the Democrats...Brilliant....Moan and complain that leaking the Nunes memo would "undermine our National Security" and then after it's released (even yourself) notice that there was nothing even remotely close to classified information in it..So after freaking out about Republicans "undermining our National Security" they then suddenly change course and say "Now we WANT to release OUR memo" (that's what's known in political circles as a "flip flop") and put a lot of information in it that IS classified information knowing the POTUS will have to redact that information....Then all at once they can stand up and scream "HYPOCRISY!!!!!! DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!!!!" and their lap dogs in the MSM will (while salivating and hyperventilating) run with that talking point....

I have no idea why you used purple....I have no idea why when the Democrats pull such a brazen (but brilliant) political move you do not give them credit???

While I may not approve of such Machivellian Machinations from the Overseers of the Democratic Party Plantation I have the honesty to recognize their brilliance at times and even gave them a slow clap last night for such deviousness....

You should as well...Brilliant move by the Democrats.....

IMHO

Indiucky

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Brilliant political strategy by the Democrats...Brilliant....Moan and complain that leaking the Nunes memo would "undermine our National Security" and then after it's released (even yourself) notice that there was nothing even remotely close to classified information in it..So after freaking out about Republicans "undermining our National Security" they then suddenly change course and say "Now we WANT to release OUR memo" (that's what's known in political circles as a "flip flop") and put a lot of information in it that IS classified information knowing the POTUS will have to redact that information....Then all at once they can stand up and scream "HYPOCRISY!!!!!! DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!!!!" and their lap dogs in the MSM will (while salivating and hyperventilating) run with that talking point....

I have no idea why you used purple....I have no idea why when the Democrats pull such a brazen (but brilliant) political move you do not give them credit???

While I may not approve of such Machivellian Machinations from the Overseers of the Democratic Party Plantation I have the honesty to recognize their brilliance at times and even gave them a slow clap last night for such deviousness....

You should as well...Brilliant move by the Democrats.....

IMHO

Indiucky

The Democrat Memo was unanimously approved for release in the form sent to the president, by the following:

House Intelligence Committee Members
    (Republicans)

(Democrats)

So it begs the question, that if sensitive information was present in the memo that would prevent it's release, why did ALL the Republicans vote for it's release? :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom