The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump didn't say anything racist and he isn't racist.
    Those four are the worst members of congress and deserve to be called out.
    It does seem kind of stupid for the dumocraps to keep pointing out that they are all women of color.

The first part is open to debate, and the second you couldn't possibly know.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The first part is open to debate, and the second you couldn't possibly know.

I thought about saying something similar.

But it's such a muddy subject.

Did he say something "racist", with all the context? Probably not.

Is he racist? We have no evidence to say "yes". We have lots of evidence to imply "yes".... but, we have lots of evidence to imply "no". So it ends up being situation where we take our pre-conceived thoughts on him and choose which ones to pay attention to.

I don't think he's racist. I think he has beliefs with regards to immigration, and I don't think those are necessarily "racist"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would put it this way. I think those on the left want to portray Trump as a racist for political gain just as much or more than anything Trump would say to exploit racial insecurity for political gain if that is indeed what he’s trying to do.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    66726691_10217331025082148_572844359775420416_n.jpg

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I thought about saying something similar.

But it's such a muddy subject.

Did he say something "racist", with all the context? Probably not.

Is he racist? We have no evidence to say "yes". We have lots of evidence to imply "yes".... but, we have lots of evidence to imply "no". So it ends up being situation where we take our pre-conceived thoughts on him and choose which ones to pay attention to.

I don't think he's racist. I think he has beliefs with regards to immigration, and I don't think those are necessarily "racist"

I highly doubt he even has beliefs on immigration, I think he stumbled into something that got a big response and ran with it.

If anything I think he personally likes having cheap immigrant labor in his business ventures. Didn't that used to be the criticism of fat cat republicans? Undercutting american worker wages so they could make a buck?

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump may or may not be racist.

What should be undeniable is that he's an opportunistic, narcissistic, unprincipled asshat.

In terms of which would be worse, it turns into a tallest midget kinda thing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If the president said he was a racist, would you still support him? I asked this because I thought the obvious answer would be no. Tonight however I saw that question posed to Kris Kobach, and was shocked at his answer.

Racism as a charge has just become #youToo

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I highly doubt he even has beliefs on immigration, I think he stumbled into something that got a big response and ran with it.

If anything I think he personally likes having cheap immigrant labor in his business ventures. Didn't that used to be the criticism of fat cat republicans? Undercutting american worker wages so they could make a buck?

This is another familiar trope. When not vilifying him as a racist and bigot, try to paint him as a stumbling boob out of his depth. But when we judge him by results - second term

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...He does not have to be this offensive to do that. He just can’t help but attack, childishly, when policy attacks would be fine...

He just can't help it. It's compulsive behavior.

Of course the Dems are compulsively trying to out bats**t crazy eachother.:rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump may or may not be racist.

What should be undeniable is that he's an opportunistic, narcissistic, unprincipled asshat.

In terms of which would be worse, it turns into a tallest midget kinda thing.

You're operating in the same quadrant as Kut, confusing what you think with what you think you know

This seems common in folk who think their opinion should count for more because it's theirs

​WBTT®

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He just can't help it. It's compulsive behavior.

Of course the Dems are compulsively trying to out bats**t crazy eachother.:rolleyes:

No disagreements on this at all.

...and I've been thinking...we need to broaden our horizons.

Let's take a short trip outside the Western Hemisphere

Priyanka Chopra

1130D67E-3CB0-11E9-8399-16367BDA977C-copy-500x667.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom