The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If your house was America then you would represent the government determining what opinions speakers in the public square would be allowed to support. The comparison is valid according to the Constitution's understanding of free speech

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If your house was America then you would represent the government determining what opinions speakers in the public square would be allowed to support. The comparison is valid according to the Constitution's understanding of free speech

I can agree with that. You're first mention was vague. America is also comprised of powerful private interests, and that's how I chose to interpret it. Your clarifications is valid.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A new gem by the president. How many of the Trump faithful agree with the below statement.

Is he really this stupid to not understand what free speech is?
    If we did not have protections in place, I could see Trump start to become the tyrant some accuse him of being.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where does this end?

US government debt as a share of GDP.

1979: 31%
    1989: 50%
    1999: 58%
    2009: 83%
    Now: 108%

Back in the 90's I remember hearing the argument that the debt doesn't matter because it's way lower than GDP. Now, as Jludo eludes, no one gives a flying **** who could do anything about it. Trump doesn't care. Congress doesn't care. And I think mostly, the people don't care. So many want their free ****.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Back in the 90's I remember hearing the argument that the debt doesn't matter because it's way lower than GDP. Now, as Jludo eludes, no one gives a flying **** who could do anything about it. Trump doesn't care. Congress doesn't care. And I think mostly, the people don't care. So many want their free ****.

People don't care because they understand it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A new gem by the president. How many of the Trump faithful agree with the below statement.

Is he really this stupid to not understand what free speech is?

I think speech should be free, even the freedom of the press to report lies. But I don't think there should be freedom from consequences. So if the press reports lies, and someone proves it's a lie, the press should either have to retract the lie as publicly as it was reported, or face lawsuits.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    what the **** is this TNR piece on Buttigeig

https://newrepublic.com/article/154...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The entire thing reads as an anti-gay rant. Really not a good look

All this makes Mary Pete different from every other left-leaning neoliberal in exactly zero ways. Because let’s face it. The only thing that distinguishes the mayor of South Bend from all those other well-educated reasonably intelligent white dudes who wanna be president is what he does with his dick (and possibly his ass, although I get a definite top-by-default vibe from him, which is to say that I bet he thinks about getting ****ed but he’s too uptight to do it). So let’s dish the dish, homos. You know and I know that Mary Pete is a gay teenager.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

That's because, in politics, a tribe only cares about the debt when they're not the ones deciding on the spending priorities that run it up

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Where are the pics of Salma Hayek?? I came here for pics.

QFT.

Salma-Hayek-Boob-Job.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom