The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because of his conclusions on reading the Mueller report or his constitutional conservative position on governance?

Nah, because he won't eat cheetos. The Trump GOP don't care about ideology as much as they do identity.... cult of personality.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LetThemFight.gifv

D_Mtnk5WkAAh1qy

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, the conference is ostensibly about the censorship of conservative voices on social media. One would expect testimony from actual victims of the behavior, not Jim Acosta

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Where does this end?

US government debt as a share of GDP.

1979: 31%
    1989: 50%
    1999: 58%
    2009: 83%
    Now: 108%

Well, based on history, economic collapse and hyperinflation. Think Weimar Republic, Hungary, etc.

I don't want to live through that, and I don't want my children too either.

Interesting part is, I don't think the government's that create those conditions ever survive them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Where does this end?

US government debt as a share of GDP.

1979: 31%
    1989: 50%
    1999: 58%
    2009: 83%
    Now: 108%

View attachment 78434

First, note a couple of data points. The most recent GDP data they can possibly have is for 2018 and I believe that is still subject to revision. So that year the debt to GDP ratio actually went down vs the 2017 ratio which Trump did not have full control over. The following ratio is projected to be slightly higher (0.1%) and all the rest are wild-assed guesses with similar validity to climate predictions. If GDP comes in higher than expert estimates (like it has up until now) those ratios will adjust downward

So how does Trump's actual record play out? Obama gets re-elected (years after the great recession excuse is viable) and the next year the ratio spikes 2% (20 times worse than Trump). It plateaus for two years and then spikes another 1.9% (almost 5 times the projected spike in Trump's next two years) and if you look at Obama's last four years and the rise in the ratio of 3.7% between 2012 and 2016, that is nearly 6 times the rise projected for a similar period for Trump. I have excluded Obama's first few years because they would only make him look worse and give rise to the canard that he was forced to spend all that money by what happened on Bush's watch

It would seem we're in good hands

View attachment 78435

And to give credi where it's due, Obama would seem to have been presiding over a marked decrease in the rate at which the ratio was growing, but also note that that leveling off has only continued under Trump

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    what, another "metoo" accusation falls flat on its face

video shows nothing of the sort

https://twitter.com/notwokieleaks/status/1149156938955071488

This staffer said Trump grabbed her by the shoulders and forcibly kissed her at a campaign event. She is now suing Trump for "violating norms of decency."

Someone else captured this video, just released tonight.

The instance seems to have been greatly mischaracterized.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A new gem by the president. How many of the Trump faithful agree with the below statement.

“See, I don’t think that the mainstream media is free speech either because it’s so crooked. It’s so dishonest. So to me, free speech is not when you see something good and then you purposely write bad. To me, that’s very dangerous speech, and you become angry at it. But that’s not free speech."

-DJT

Is he really this stupid to not understand what free speech is?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He's described TDS to a tee, which is leading to suppression of free speech all around the country.

Let me ask you a question. Let's say you ask to plug in a microphone, at my house, to give a speech and I allow it. If I find the things you say distasteful, while you're on your soapbox, and unplug your mic, am I suppressing your freedom of speech?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If your house was America and the speech was pro-Trump; why yes, yes you would be

Edit: Same would be true if your house was Youtube or Facebook or Twitter and the speech was pro-Trump and it was disallowed on that basis

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom