The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, and in the "Are You Really THAT Petty" news:

The White House’s directive to hide a Navy destroyer named after Senator John McCain during President Trump’s recent visit to a naval base in Japan was driven, administration officials said on Thursday, by a fear of bad visuals — the name of the president’s nemesis clearly visible in photographs of him.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/30/us/politics/trump-mccain-ship.html

I imagine sailors tend to be very proud of the ships on which they serve. So I imagine that's at least on boat in the Navy where the folks aren't too fond of the current administration.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This has been up for at least 10 hours. You should get out more, go someplace where CNN isn't on all the time

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/30/donald-trump-uss-mccain-flap-well-meaning-shouldnt/
    Trump on USS McCain flap: 'Well-meaning' but shouldn't have been done

President Trump said Thursday that people who took steps to conceal the USS John McCain during his overseas trip were “well-meaning” but that their actions were ill-advised and he had nothing to do with it.
    Mr. Trump told White House reporters he wasn’t a fan of late Sen. John McCain, but he wasn’t involved in hiding the ship whose namesake is in honor of the Arizonan, his father and grandfather.
    “Somebody did it, because they thought I didn’t like him, OK?” he said. “They were well-meaning, I will say. I didn’t know anything about it. I would never have done that.”

Cue the "But Trump lies about everything" canard/fall back position in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This has been up for at least 10 hours. You should get out more, go someplace where CNN isn't on all the time

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/30/donald-trump-uss-mccain-flap-well-meaning-shouldnt/
    Trump on USS McCain flap: 'Well-meaning' but shouldn't have been done

Cue the "But Trump lies about everything" canard/fall back position in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Did I make reference to the president being behind the act? If the president was clearly behind this (and to steal from Bob Muller), I was have said so. I left it simply at "administration."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just blew chunks.

61559589_10157543134209203_6502008241881350144_n.png

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Ocasio-Cortez–Cruz Bill Would Almost Certainly Be Unconstitutional

A motley crew in the House and the Senate has resolved to prohibit former members of Congress from becoming lobbyists. In the bipartisan working group — which was formed ad hoc yesterday, on Twitter — are Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., NY), Senator Ted Cruz (R., Texas), Senator Brian Schatz (D., Hawaii), and Representative Chip Roy (R., Texas).

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Looks like they have a good point. I wonder if they could just make them wait for a bit before they can make the transition.

Not sure about that. Beware of taking a single word "petition" out of context. All petitions are not covered by the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Lobbying for special-interest-favoring legislation is not the same thing as "the right of the people ... to petition the Government for a redress of grievances", particularly when it's true purpose is to hamstring the people and/or other businesses.

Even if an outright ban doesn't work, I've long been a supporter of Glenn Reynold's (Instapundit) revolving-door surtax as an alternative way to fight government corruption.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So someone help me out. Why are the adult children of the president accompanying on an official visit, on the taxpayer's dime?

30w06dh.jpg

I'll give you Jared and Ivanka, who are advisors, but the Don Jr, Eric (and wife), and Tiffany? They were NOT invited. The president did however say that he wanted his children to have a "Next Generation," meeting with William and Harry.... I'm not sure why, as the presidency isn't a heirediatry position (at least not yet). I personally, do not think we should be paying for the field trips for adults.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So someone help me out. Why are the adult children of the president accompanying on an official visit, on the taxpayer's dime?

30w06dh.jpg

I'll give you Jared and Ivanka, who are advisors, but the Don Jr, Eric (and wife), and Tiffany? They were NOT invited. The president did however say that he wanted his children to have a "Next Generation," meeting with William and Harry.... I'm not sure why, as the presidency isn't a heirediatry position (at least not yet). I personally, do not think we should be paying for the field trips for adults.

I remind you of the over the top vacations taken by -O and his crew. How soon we forget.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom