The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Where did he get his legal education?

Oh, he didn't. No surprise.

The "right to petition for redress of grievances" is not at issue. Anyone can petition for redress for grievances. This bill would not change that. However, it only regulates being paid by an entity to petition for redress of its grievances. There is no Constitutional right to have have the person of your choice petition for redress.

If there were a Constitutional issue, any one of the numerous regulations on Lobbyists would be implicated...but they are not.

End of constitutionality argument.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So someone help me out. Why are the adult children of the president accompanying on an official visit, on the taxpayer's dime?

30w06dh.jpg

I'll give you Jared and Ivanka, who are advisors, but the Don Jr, Eric (and wife), and Tiffany? They were NOT invited. The president did however say that he wanted his children to have a "Next Generation," meeting with William and Harry.... I'm not sure why, as the presidency isn't a heirediatry position (at least not yet). I personally, do not think we should be paying for the field trips for adults.

What advisory positions did Malia and Sasha hold? What, they couldn't afford a babysitter? :rolleyes: And isn't Trump taking no salary or like $1.00 a year or something?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    FTFY

Obama's crap was wrong, so is Trump's. If he wanted them there, they should pay their own way.

Nah. He should have to follow the same rules congress does when they ride on corporate travel and take junkets. He should have to reimburse the comparable coach fair for each and whatever it would cost to stay at the HoJo

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    So someone help me out. Why are the adult children of the president accompanying on an official visit, on the taxpayer's dime?

30w06dh.jpg

I'll give you Jared and Ivanka, who are advisors, but the Don Jr, Eric (and wife), and Tiffany? They were NOT invited. The president did however say that he wanted his children to have a "Next Generation," meeting with William and Harry.... I'm not sure why, as the presidency isn't a heirediatry position (at least not yet). I personally, do not think we should be paying for the field trips for adults.

how do you know they didn't pay there own way????????

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We thought that's what we have you for - routine hypocriticism of all things Trump. Are you having trouble keeping up? Should we assign you a sidekick?

Since you insist

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/06/obama-africa-trip-photos/314264/
    You Paid $100 Million for Obama's Trip to Africa & You Won't Even Get a Photo

Hey! Even HuffPo ran a similar article!
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/obama-africa-trip_n_3441510

That way the article you posted is written, I can't help but wonder if the writer gave back Doc and Marty's Delorean.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey! Even HuffPo ran a similar article!
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/obama-africa-trip_n_3441510

That way the article you posted is written, I can't help but wonder if the writer gave back Doc and Marty's Delorean.

Article was written in 2013. I thought you might like the Atlantic as a source since they currently serve as a somewhat genteel source of Trump criticism

If you are willing to cite Huffpo, I guess the effort was wasted

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Article was written in 2013. I thought you might like the Atlantic as a source since they currently serve as a somewhat genteel source of Trump criticism

If you are willing to cite Huffpo, I guess the effort was wasted

I have no problem with the Atlantic article. I guess the reason why I added the HuffPo article zoomed right over your head, as apparently did the Doc and Marty reference. Something, something past, present, future tense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom