The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes. That's another example of the leftitics creating their own problem then calling it out as the fault of broader society. I think they're fine to act to prevent corporate interests from harming our air and water. But when they start imposing insane actions to keep things pristine and natural, yeah, **** them. I think they're so crazy they'd sacrifice a million people to save one amoeba cell. Which is kinda pointless.

That, and when you're redirecting water from formerly naturally lush areas so you can grow stuff in areas that are naturally deserts, you get what they've gotten - droughts in the areas that weren't typically impacted by drought conditions (followed by fires and floods). But hey, those avocado trees and golf courses sure look nice.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Drought, flood and fire brought on largely by "environmentalists" wanting to protect some obscure little fish or bug and not allowing sound land and resource management methods. California has reaped what it has sown in its misguided efforts to "save the earth". Now these wackos want the whole world to suffer from drought, flood and fire? No. No **** you very much.

A huge swath of California is basically sub-desert. I was born and raised in SoCal, and moved out in 1990. There were brush fires, forest fires, EVERY YEAR. Droughts and fires at nothing new there. The fires are just worse now because of all the fuel that's been allowed to build up as a result of "environmentalists", who don't even know what that word means, preventing controlled burns because "muh forests!"

On a tangent, when we left SoCal for Indiana we were in the middle of a drought. Water was being rationed. But - not for the city! While you're not allowed to take a shower more than once every 2 or 3 days and you can't wash your car or water your own grass, the city of Thousand Oaks still ran their sprinklers all the time so the grass in the medians in the middle of the streets would look nice and green. You'd see streams of water just running off the streets into the storm drains.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A huge swath of California is basically sub-desert. I was born and raised in SoCal, and moved out in 1990. There were brush fires, forest fires, EVERY YEAR. Droughts and fires at nothing new there. The fires are just worse now because of all the fuel that's been allowed to build up as a result of "environmentalists", who don't even know what that word means, preventing controlled burns because "muh forests!"

On a tangent, when we left SoCal for Indiana we were in the middle of a drought. Water was being rationed. But - not for the city! While you're not allowed to take a shower more than once every 2 or 3 days and you can't wash your car or water your own grass, the city of Thousand Oaks still ran their sprinklers all the time so the grass in the medians in the middle of the streets would look nice and green. You'd see streams of water just running off the streets into the storm drains.

I remember those times. I was visiting friends in Encino and there was mild water rationing going on. People were encouraged to water only at night and on alternating days. I remember heading out to ride (road bikes) one day and seeing the neighbor, whose landscapers had just finished up, hosing some clippings off of his sidewalk

People were perfectly willing to believe the world was running out of oil, but water and electricity were magic, unending boons. You turned the tap or flipped the switch and they came at your beck, no concept of how they were made or where that happened

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That, and when you're redirecting water from formerly naturally lush areas so you can grow stuff in areas that are naturally deserts, you get what they've gotten - droughts in the areas that weren't typically impacted by drought conditions (followed by fires and floods). But hey, those avocado trees and golf courses sure look nice.

Oh. Don't get started on water rights. Why does Colorado have to conserve so that Californians can maintain their artificial climate? Of course, Colorado has their share of forest fires, even not having many of the same insane practices of California. There's a point where there are just natural disasters that are prone to certain regions because of local conditions. California manufactures enough local conditions that makes it pretty much their fault. Mudslides wouldn't be a problem if multi-million dollar homes didn't sit atop mudslide prone areas.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Water, contrary to what we've been told, does not flow down hill, it flows towards money and power. A good read on this is Cadillac Desert.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I remember those times. I was visiting friends in Encino and there was mild water rationing going on. People were encouraged to water only at night and on alternating days. I remember heading out to ride (road bikes) one day and seeing the neighbor, whose landscapers had just finished up, hosing some clippings off of his sidewalk

People were perfectly willing to believe the world was running out of oil, but water and electricity were magic, unending boons. You turned the tap or flipped the switch and they came at your beck, no concept of how they were made or where that happened

I have a sister-in-law who lives in Colorado. Sometimes they're prohibited from watering their lawns because of droughts or whatever. She visited a friend in LA during such a time, and got kinda upset when she saw the friend watering her yard with water largely from Colorado. And it's at least a little fallacious for her to think her friend's lawn was being watered with her water. I mean, she lives in Denver, so "her water" is kinda on the wrong side of the divide. But Denver gets a lot of its water from the Colorado river too, just like California. That water mostly comes from the snow melt in the mountains of Colorado and Wyoming. So she does have a point. It's at least a little true that she has to ration water so that California can have green lawns.

I be like **** you. No one forced you to live in a ****ing desert and try to turn it into a resort. You have an ocean of water. Build some desalination plants or **** all the way off.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    [video=youtube;eIebWywFfNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIebWywFfNw[/video]

Was it just me or did anyone else think that when she looked around the room at the kids, didn't it reminded you of the wicked witch of the west?

"Alright my little pretties, there is nothing wrong with you that a good abortion clinic would not have fixed..."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what is going on. They seem to be poisoning young minds.
    John Yarmuth‏ @RepJohnYarmuth
    Chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Budget Committee
    Tweeted on January 20, 2019

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “Stick to the Devil you know.

Rudyard Kipling

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watching bits and pieces of Cohen's "testimony"... He seems to still be lying. Once a liar, always a liar IMHO. I guess since we are now always to believe the "victim" we're supposed to take his word as gospel? And he's not under oath? I think not.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Watching bits and pieces of Cohen's "testimony"... He seems to still be lying. Once a liar, always a liar IMHO. I guess since we are now always to believe the "victim" we're supposed to take his word as gospel? And he's not under oath? I think not.

So your opinion of the president is.....? It would seem that one is in a pickle if they make such a statement and still support the president, I mean the president essentially made the exact same lies, he just hasn't admitted to lying like Cohen, nor done so under oath. You need a rundown?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The nevertrumpers love Cohen the same as they did all the rest of those that have foolishly attempted to take him down. Cohen is just the flavor of the month for them.

What was it last month? That drumming "Vietnam vet":rolleyes: picking on the MAGA hat school kids?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The nevertrumpers love Cohen the same as they did all the rest of those that have foolishly attempted to take him down. Cohen is just the flavor of the month for them.

Because. Enemies and ****. :rolleyes:

But. Yes. Cohen is the flavor of the month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom