The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.marke****ch.com/story/r...s-suggest-2018-10-18?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo
    November shock? Republicans could still control Congress after the midterms, polls suggest

Well, basically it states, both the House and the Senate are up for grabs.
    They said that though the Dems could possibly take the House, the margin of error could still put the Repubs in.
    And that the Repubs have recently been making gains in the polls.

Maybe antifa could do something stupid to help that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.marke****ch.com/story/h...the-house-2018-10-16?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo
    Here’s Nancy Pelosi’s to-do list if Democrats win back the House

House Democrats plan to introduce a package for campaign finance reform as their first bill of the 116th Congress, said the minority leader, according to a Politico report published Tuesday.

After that, Democrats will pursue reducing drug prices, the veteran California congresswoman said, in talking about a move that would affect pharmaceutical makers

Then, they will make an effort to work with Republicans on a bill on background checks for gun purchases,

as well as address protecting “Dreamers.”

“I don’t see any of us voting for wall funding,” Pelosi also told Politico,

In addition, Pelosi said she would like Democrats to make sure there is integrity in the U.S. voting system. And she expects all ranking members of committees to become chairs.

Dang.
    Looks like the link was botched by the INGO filter.
    market
    watch

one word.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    https://www.marke****ch.com/story/h...the-house-2018-10-16?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo
    Here’s Nancy Pelosi’s to-do list if Democrats win back the House

House Democrats plan to introduce a package for campaign finance reform as their first bill of the 116th Congress, said the minority leader, according to a Politico report published Tuesday.

After that, Democrats will pursue reducing drug prices, the veteran California congresswoman said, in talking about a move that would affect pharmaceutical makers

Then, they will make an effort to work with Republicans on a bill on background checks for gun purchases,

as well as address protecting “Dreamers.”

“I don’t see any of us voting for wall funding,” Pelosi also told Politico,

In addition, Pelosi said she would like Democrats to make sure there is integrity in the U.S. voting system. And she expects all ranking members of committees to become chairs.
    Uhhh, I am pretty sure that all those fanciful goals will take a distant backseat to actually burying the White House in subpoenas.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why do we continue to blame the President for the deficit?

Well. I blame a president who says debt doesn't matter. A president who gives a flying **** about floating that much debt down our posterity's throats kinda acts like it. I expect a president who gives a flying **** would veto stuff that tends to make the deficit worse. I just wonder where the fiscal conservatives went. People loved to ***** at Obama for his debt riddled azz. Trump says he doesn't care about debt and now suddenly there aren't any fiscal conservatives left.

I kinda think people act like what they believe. If you believe being in such debt is a problem, then it shouldn't matter who's president.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well. I blame a president who says debt doesn't matter. A president who gives a flying **** about floating that much debt down our posterity's throats kinda acts like it. I expect a president who gives a flying **** would veto stuff that tends to make the deficit worse. I just wonder where the fiscal conservatives went. People loved to ***** at Obama for his debt riddled azz. Trump says he doesn't care about debt and now suddenly there aren't any fiscal conservatives left.

I kinda think people act like what they believe. If you believe being in such debt is a problem, then it shouldn't matter who's president.
    There hasn't been a President that gave a **** about that stuff since we started deficit spending.

They still are not the one that make the budget. Congress has the control, and they are like a bunch of school girls at the mall with daddy's credit card.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    I still say that debt in and of itself isn't necessarily bad....after all, making regular payments has a positive effect on personal credit ratings. The idea scales pretty well, in my opinion. If you've got a steady source of income ($100k/yr vs $40k/yr, as an example), you can buy more stuffs and pay it off. "What is a mortgage, for $500..."

The US Government's current credit rating is currently pretty high, and there is a market for government (federal, municipal, etc) bonds as well.

Should they get rid of Treasury bonds to stop making those payments to investors? It's a complex issue that both parties need to address.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-impeachment-supported-majority-163600320.html
    Donald Trump impeachment supported by majority of Americans – but Democrats have been told not to talk about it

Democratic candidates have been advised to avoid talking about the potential impeachment of Donald Trump, even though a majority of Americans – and 75 per cent of Democrats – support such a move.

In a calculation that has upset those pushing for Mr Trump’s impeachment, party officials have calculated that raising the issue could play badly among the independent and moderate Republicans they are seeking to win over. They fear it would also energise Mr Trump’s base.

LOL.
    What?
    If it's a majority, they why worry about the independent and moderate Republicans, or Pres. Trump's base.
    Oh, by the way, it's not Mr. Trump. It's Pres. Trump. Just like.. get this.. it is Pres. Obama.
    May not like one or the other, but it their correct title.

And.. "don't talk about it"?
    They've been talking about it since he took office.

Yet the Democrats’ strong reluctance to discuss impeachment comes even though a majority of Americans – 49-46 – have said they support Congress going ahead with such a move. The Washington Post-ABC News poll published at the end of August also suggested 75 per cent of Democrats, 49 per cent of independents and 15 per cent of Republicans, backed it.

49 to 46.
    Gee. Pres. Trump was going to NOT be Pres. by what, 80 percent, according to the polls?
    So, 49 to 46, and what's the margin of error?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    While I also predicted Trump would not win the nomination, and would not win the general election, I am predicting he will not be impeached. Dems may use it as a wedge issue to get elected, but I don't see how they could do it in reality.

Trump's polling remains quite good. (Not that we believe in polling after November 2016.)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Something REALLY terrible would have to come out of the Mueller investigation for most of us to be in favor of impeachment with 2 years left. But, I want to see the back of his combover in 2020.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/president-united-states-just-explicitly-141200056.html
    The President of the United States Just Explicitly Endorsed Political Violence

I don't even know where to start.
    I guess when Democrat leaders endorse it, it's okay.

They go on about the reporter just killed overseas.
    Of course, I didn't post it, I was on my phone and being lazy, but someone high up said that they hadn't released the audio, therefore the administration couldn't have listened to it, so the media should stop saying that it happened and actually wait for it to happen.

And they go on with, "would they have done this if Pres. Obama or Pres. Bush were still in office?
    Really?
    That's the question you want to go with?

Then there's the whole, "we saw someone in a crowd acting inappropriately". Not the crowd. Just someone in the crowd.

Comments at the bottom of the article

38302385792_e7b0e5_192sq.jpg
    Michael2 hours agoRemember one very, very important fact, republicans:

We outnumber you 3 to 1, and we have guns too.

And if you think we don't know how to use them, if you think we don't know how to fight, I invite you to test that assumption at your convenience.

A reply
    38837685923_34964f_o.jpg
    WebRiderin 15 secondsYou outnumber them 3 to 1 yet they have the house, the senate, the presidency and now SCOTUS. Sounds like you should put your guns away and arm yourselves with a ballot.

37908150940_f37c47_192sq.jpg
    Todd5 minutes ago@Craig Another perfect example that Democrats can be just as bad as they claim Republicans are. So now killing off fellow humans because they don't have the same political ideologies is fun? And you want to claim the Republicans are the bad guys?

29332390929_ccb5af_o.jpg
    Craig20 minutes agoI hope i comes to that. What a blast picking off Repubs like fish in a barrel. They cant fight, hell they are used to having everything done for them by a butler. Bet the butler wont fight till till death.....

40147157976_cefd8c_o.jpg
    Richard1 hour agoThe Dems are endorsing political violence everyday. How bout some stories? You have many examples to choose from. Remember the Bernie Sanders campaign worker that tried to take out that Repub baseball team?

Well, most of the comments are anti-Pres. Trump.
    And quite a few are violent.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The democraps do the mob thing all the time but they don't want to be called mobs so they are doing their best to say the Republicans are the mobs, not them. Trouble with that is they are the mobsters so it won't work well.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So it's 3 to 1 against repubs, and they want to go toe-to-toe, hand to hand combat; I'll take those odds any day, and twice on Sunday (against the antifafa b****s). Bring it, and better bring your lunch, b****s, cause I'm tired of dealing with ya'all

Talking strictly non-violent, rhetorical stuff here, for the record

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Johnny Ringo 2 hours agoRemember one very, very important fact, republicans:
    We outnumber you 3 to 1, and we have guns too.
    And if you think we don't know how to use them, if you think we don't know how to fight, I invite you to test that assumption at your convenience.

[video=youtube_share;plD1MbOGLfQ]http://youtu.be/plD1MbOGLfQ[/video]

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It WAS President Obama. Now, "mr" Obama is acceptible ;)
    And I'm thrilled about it

As far as poles. I dont trust any of them. I trust my own gut. I trust that I have a pretty common sense approach to what is and isnt american and so far I've been right when it comes to what works for Republicans and what doesnt.
    Democrats are bat **** crazy. Whatever they are saying, say and do the opposite

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It WAS President Obama. Now, "mr" Obama is acceptible ;)
    And I'm thrilled about it

As far as poles. I dont trust any of them. I trust my own gut. I trust that I have a pretty common sense approach to what is and isnt american and so far I've been right when it comes to what works for Republicans and what doesnt.
    Democrats are bat **** crazy. Whatever they are saying, say and do the opposite

Even after their term, they are referred to as President.
    I'll attack them on their policies and such. For instance, I'll laugh at President Carter's opinions he keeps throwing out there.
    I'm not going to start playing games that I get mad when the left plays them.
    When people start talking about Hillary Clinton or Senator Pelosi's looks, I won't play that game.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I get that you don't play the game, and I respect that, but do you laugh? ...just a little? ... hmm.

Even after their term, they are referred to as President.
    I'll attack them on their policies and such. For instance, I'll laugh at President Carter's opinions he keeps throwing out there.
    I'm not going to start playing games that I get mad when the left plays them.
    When people start talking about Hillary Clinton or Senator Pelosi's looks, I won't play that game.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Something REALLY terrible would have to come out of the Mueller investigation for most of us to be in favor of impeachment with 2 years left. But, I want to see the back of his combover in 2020.

I would not advise suspending respiration pending that outcome

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom