• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    This gem showed up in my facebook feed and caused a discussion among the poster and her friends. I would say that I find it hard to believe people would believe something like this, but these are hard core Obama supporters, so that explains it.

FB_IMG_1423754216265_zps1mhdx8s9.jpg

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    How can we ignore something that is CONSTANTLY crammed down our throats? There were 388,000 black slaves that were brought into the US, and Almost EVERYONE knows when black history month is here, because we are CONSTANTLY reminded. There were 20 MILLION native Americans in this country when the White man first arrived. We KILLED over 18 MILLION of them through the introduction of our diseases, and wholesale slaughter. Quick, how many of you know which month is Native American History month? It's November, but most people don't know that. How many people today know the history of the "trail of tears" or "wounded knee"? Why is Black History taught with such zealousness over Native American History?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How can we ignore something that is CONSTANTLY crammed down our throats? There were 388,000 black slaves that were brought into the US, and Almost EVERYONE knows when black history month is here, because we are CONSTANTLY reminded. There were 20 MILLION native Americans in this country when the White man first arrived. We KILLED over 18 MILLION of them through the introduction of our diseases, and wholesale slaughter. Quick, how many of you know which month is Native American History month? It's November, but most people don't know that. How many people today know the history of the "trail of tears" or "wounded knee"? Why is Black History taught with such zealousness over Native American History?

I know when I try to get in at my favorite restaurant in November it's hard to get a reservation. Could be a connection.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Who is cramming it down your throat? Seems to be quite muted this year vs past years. I haven't even seen a McDonald's commercial.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Who is cramming it down your throat? Seems to be quite muted this year vs past years. I haven't even seen a McDonald's commercial.

I have to agree with that. Personally, I enjoy learning things about history that I didn't know before. I don't know what the push back against Black History Month is. Why would this be offensive to anyone?

Likewise, why would anyone believe that there is a concerted effort to distract from Black History Month? Honestly, I find it amusing that anyone would think that those events, the Superbowl, Grammys, All-Star Game and Oscars detracts from recognition of the achievements of African-Americans. Think about it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Postage stamps, signs in stores, every night in local news, etc. Back to my question, what have you seen in recognition of Native American History month?

Native American month, not often. But whose fault is that? I'd have absolutely no issue if it were observed the same way as Black History Month. And it also may be a demographic thing. Not lots of Native Americans floating around central Indiana. I'd imagine it's probably more obvious in places like Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arizona. Just like Asian-Pacific Islader month is big on the west coast.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Black history month is STUPID. There should be no months segregating history of different Races. If you want to be equal then stop pointing out how you are special and different. Ill tell you when it is time to celebrate a persons accomplishments, on the day the person did the accomplishment. Whether they are black or green or white or what ever. It is RACIST to have a month for one particular race. Not to mention a channel on TV for one particular group IE. BET. If someone started WET they would be called racist in a second. It is a double standard.

Top Bottom