:facepalm:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well first of all....it sucks.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks more like a logo for a bank that got caught up in the sub prime mortgage debacle?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    To me, it looks like a symbol that tells you that scuba diving is allowed......or that scuba diving is prohibited.....one or the other.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What purpose would a new flag serve? If it replaced the old flag, would it not represent exactly the same things that led to morons "banning" it in the first place?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What purpose would a new flag serve? If it replaced the old flag, would it not represent exactly the same things that led to morons "banning" it in the first place?

Maybe the encompassing of the heritage of ALL Southerners? As it is, the flag in question only represents a portion of the southern populace. But that new flag is fugly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My family was late to the party. We came over after the civil war.

But I'll never see the confederate soldier as any less, or any different than any other American soldier from any other American war.

My family was here prior to the party. We came over prior to the Civil War. I'll always see Confederates soldiers as those, regardless of their individual motives, sought to prop up a govt that believed in keeping other men in bondage simply due to the color of their skin.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    My family was here prior to the party. We came over prior to the Civil War. I'll always see Confederates soldiers as those, regardless of their individual motives, sought to prop up a govt that believed in keeping other men in bondage simply due to the color of their skin.

Yankees were just as racist though. I do see your point and many in the upper levels of the south ( the rich) were like that. For the average poor old rebel soldier he was fightin for his home and family and did not want yankees telling them what to do.

Top Bottom