• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    In all of this talk about the flag we sometimes forget that lives were lost in that war...Some of those lives were Southern...I love this letter General Lee wrote to the mother of a slain soldier...It brings tears to my eyes.....

Lest we forget....

[video=youtube;kaKX1lRAjBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaKX1lRAjBU[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This is a response to another Yahoo "Throw more gas on the fire", "article".

"The Confederate flag in question (The state of Virginia battle flag to be precise) WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE A SYMBOL OF RACISM when it was first instituted during the Civil War but rather it was in-fact used as a symbol of southern pride and defiance against "Northern Aggression" in the context of "States Rights"!! I'm a Civil War historian/collector and almost all of the official southern government documents and private correspondence that I have studied over the past 30 plus years related to The Civil War and southern life, almost makes no mention of racial issues. Even the personal correspondence of important politicians, high ranking military leaders, including that of the common soldier have almost without exception all dealt with political issues related to "Northern Tyranny" imposed against the South in the context of "States Rights" issues. Again, very little war-dated or even post-war dated private correspondence or official government documents makes reference to slavery or racial sentiment implicit or explicit much less referencing what the Confederate state flag specifically stood for other than the fact that the Virginia state battle flag like the original “Stars and Bars" Confederate battle flag was designed to stand-out clearly in the midst of a smoke filled battlefield!! In-fact it wasn't until well after the Civil War during the 1870's that the Klu-Klux-Klan which was co-founded by General Nathan Bedford Forrest purely as A SOUTHERN FRATERNAL ORGANIZATION, that the group eventually high-jacked the Virginia state battle flag and made it their symbol which then morphed over-time into the truly violent and hate-filled racist organization that we know today as depicted in the monumental film--"Birth Of A Nation."--THE SYMBOLISM OR MEANING BEHIND THE CONFEDERATE FLAG IN THE EYES OF MOST SOUTHERNERS DURING THE TIME OF THE CIVIL WAR CLEARLY HAD LESS TO DO WITH RACIST SENTIMENT OR ATTITUDES AND MUCH MORE TO DO WITH THEIR PRIDE AND DEFIANCE AGAINST A NORTHERN INVADER IN THE CONTEXT OF STATES RIGHTS!!—IN-FACT THE VAST MAJORITY OF SOUTHERNERS DID--NOT--OWN--SLAVES!!--Today most southerners fly the Confederate flag simply to show southern pride and to honor their ancestors who fought valiantly during the Civil War!!!!"

My response to this was that people aren't interested in facts unless of course they are distorted to meet their interests.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I
    This is a response to another Yahoo "Throw more gas on the fire", "article".

"The Confederate flag in question (The state of Virginia battle flag to be precise) WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE A SYMBOL OF RACISM when it was first instituted during the Civil War but rather it was in-fact used as a symbol of southern pride and defiance against "Northern Aggression" in the context of "States Rights"!! I'm a Civil War historian/collector and almost all of the official southern government documents and private correspondence that I have studied over the past 30 plus years related to The Civil War and southern life, almost makes no mention of racial issues. Even the personal correspondence of important politicians, high ranking military leaders, including that of the common soldier have almost without exception all dealt with political issues related to "Northern Tyranny" imposed against the South in the context of "States Rights" issues. Again, very little war-dated or even post-war dated private correspondence or official government documents makes reference to slavery or racial sentiment implicit or explicit much less referencing what the Confederate state flag specifically stood for other than the fact that the Virginia state battle flag like the original “Stars and Bars" Confederate battle flag was designed to stand-out clearly in the midst of a smoke filled battlefield!! In-fact it wasn't until well after the Civil War during the 1870's that the Klu-Klux-Klan which was co-founded by General Nathan Bedford Forrest purely as A SOUTHERN FRATERNAL ORGANIZATION, that the group eventually high-jacked the Virginia state battle flag and made it their symbol which then morphed over-time into the truly violent and hate-filled racist organization that we know today as depicted in the monumental film--"Birth Of A Nation."--THE SYMBOLISM OR MEANING BEHIND THE CONFEDERATE FLAG IN THE EYES OF MOST SOUTHERNERS DURING THE TIME OF THE CIVIL WAR CLEARLY HAD LESS TO DO WITH RACIST SENTIMENT OR ATTITUDES AND MUCH MORE TO DO WITH THEIR PRIDE AND DEFIANCE AGAINST A NORTHERN INVADER IN THE CONTEXT OF STATES RIGHTS!!—IN-FACT THE VAST MAJORITY OF SOUTHERNERS DID--NOT--OWN--SLAVES!!--Today most southerners fly the Confederate flag simply to show southern pride and to honor their ancestors who fought valiantly during the Civil War!!!!"

My response to this was that people aren't interested in facts unless of course they are distorted to meet their interests.

Why do people keep saying this. What's the logic behind it?

And anyone who says that the KKK was founded as some "fare they well" social is an idiot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I

Why do people keep saying this. What's the logic behind it?

And anyone who says that the KKK was founded as some "fare they well" social is an idiot.

Actually the kkk was founded like a fraternity initially. No doubt though it was ( within months) a terrorist organization, but more of their victims where the trouble making white yankees.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    In all of this talk about the flag we sometimes forget that lives were lost in that war...Some of those lives were Southern...I love this letter General Lee wrote to the mother of a slain soldier...It brings tears to my eyes.....

Lest we forget....

[video=youtube;kaKX1lRAjBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaKX1lRAjBU[/video]

I couldn't rep you for general cartman. BUT I will take a shot of 100 proof s'mores schapps in your honor!

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    timthumb.php
    this should fix it

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Keep poking the hornets nest. Maybe they are just trying to agitate until decent, christian people have had too much and cant take anymore and decide to start giving agitators a "southern welcome" they wont soon forget.

I think you mean wet sponge. Conservatives, have pretty much run up the white flag. It's kinda sad, because I don't want a liberal takeover, and think there should be some parity between the two.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    It's just the next distraction to keep the masses occupied while they give Iran nukes, or ? Trying to keep us occupied while they fry bigger fish, which usually means lost liberties and/or higher taxes/costs to us.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It's just the next distraction to keep the masses occupied while they give Iran nukes, or ? Trying to keep us occupied while they fry bigger fish, which usually means lost liberties and/or higher taxes/costs to us.

Also known as "Hey Look, a Squirrel!!!!!!!"

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I think you mean wet sponge. Conservatives, have pretty much run up the white flag. It's kinda sad, because I don't want a liberal takeover, and think there should be some parity between the two.

Not all conservatives. Could be said many are just biding ( spelling their time).

Liberals are pretty smart though. Think of how they have taken every group our founders might dare say were less than desirable and have taken all those small groups from welfare mamas to anchor babies and combined them without regard to what its doing to the country.

Hell as liberal as the schools have gotten i think or military will be to hell in about 20-40 years with all the wussification and reality is china or russia are not doing the same wussification we are pandering to minorities of their populations for votes. I think either nation could take us what the generation in their 30-40s now ( probably the last with much conservativism) is gone.

Top Bottom