• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm a bit confused as to why this is all of a sudden a hot topic forefront issue in the media right now... Can someone explain this to me?

Yes, I am aware of the South's history. Those who have ancestors who fought in the civil war and those who are proud of their regions past independence (similar to how Texas is proud of their past independence) seems like legitimate reasons to fly it... but now all of a sudden Walmart, eBay, Amazon, Sears, Etsy, and even Google (Shop) and others no longer will be selling the flag or listing it in their results as available merchandise. They've removed it from the State capitol. Southern monuments and statues have been defaced and vandalized as well. They are organzing public burnings of the flag and it seems like they're trying to poke a bear.

I mean, I'm a Hoosier born and raised. You don't see the flag much up here. When I see it, I just see a flag. The only assumption I make when I see it is that the person with on their truck, or on their shirt, or hanging in their window is probably just a good ol' country boy and could probably pull me out of a ditch if I slide off the road in the winter time or something... haha. I don't make assumptions that they're racist or that they're a bad person. My ancestory isn't from the south so I have no attachment to the flag what so ever, yet I still want to defend it's right to exist. Seems silly to try to eliminate it entirely. What happened in Charleston is certainly a tragedy, however I do not see what that has to do with this flag or why all of a sudden it's such a big deal to remove it.

I don't think anyone in Indiana is gonna care that much... but something tells me the folks down in Mississippi (for example) are not going to want to see it removed not only from their communities but also from their state flag (which looks like this: http://www.msnbc.com/sites/msnbc/files/styles/embedded_image/public/msflag2.jpg?itok=2nJIlPmI ).J

Just seems like the libs and the media are poking at a bear in the south and trying to purposely create furthered racial tensions.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Why would they ban it though? The sales were going through the roof.

Now I may not hold a business degree but I do believe business 101 is "Make money" and sell what is popular.

tcDX7Ke.jpg

LOL. Look at the increase in sales ranking. And then Amazon bans them hours later.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm a bit confused as to why this is all of a sudden a hot topic forefront issue in the media right now... Can someone explain this to me?

Head over to the other thread. Master Kirk will teach you what you must know about the world. He may come off as an ******* sometimes, but he really does know everything. Just ask him.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just media hype.

Trans-Sexuals

Trans-Racials

now Trans-Unions

Give it a week, the policies will quietly reverse, and we'll be on the next "trans-" fad. All the cools kids have to hate SOMETHING you know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I put such a whipping on the Johnny Rebs that they drag me into threads against my will.:D

Strike your colors, Johnny Reb! Your fight is lost and you now admit it!

120px-Alexander_Stephens.jpg

You make your own reputation. I think you may have lost some parishioners from the temple of Kirk.

Who is Johnny Reb?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I put such a whipping on the Johnny Rebs that they drag me into threads against my will.:D

Strike your colors, Johnny Reb! Your fight is lost and you now admit it!

120px-Alexander_Stephens.jpg

Try to imagine, if you will, Americans fought, bled, died and fiercely struggled - Americans - south of the Mason Dixon. They fought, as all soldiers do, for their brothers on either side of them. Most couldn't care less about politics (like now on several fronts around the globe) but will fight to the death for their fellow soldiers, brothers. Our American brothers in grey - their ancestors - many of whom are in my family still in the south - identify strongly with their heritage and find no offense in that symbol. They feel southern pride, strong family ties, deep love for their land and family that fought and bled. If you don't have family in the south, were never raised with that tradition, you couldn't possibly understand it. Perhaps some can translate to something similar...the Marine banner (if you are a Marine)...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Is it a realization of what non-Southerners believe the flag represents? Or, what the flag represents to Southerners?

The same symbol may have very different meanings to different groups. The meaning may even change over time (obviously).

If symbols only meant what the "majority" wanted, and could only carry their "earliest" meaning, we would all be proudly displaying a swastika.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is it a realization of what non-Southerners believe the flag represents? Or, what the flag represents to Southerners?

The same symbol may have very different meanings to different groups. The meaning may even change over time (obviously).

If symbols only meant what the "majority" wanted, and could only carry their "earliest" meaning, we would all be proudly displaying a swastika.

I've been saying all along that it is up to the individuals in South Carolina to decide what the flag means to them and whether they want that flag flying at their state capital. It's not up to me or progressives or Kirk or any of his fellow Alinskyites to shame and deride them into deciding in favor of our views.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    So, the same people who don't want gun bans (an infringement on our rights), want to BAN flags (an infringement of their right to free speech). It is the SAME knee jerk reaction after a shooting that the libtards have "we don't NEED firearms, because they stand for death and murder". What we NEED to do, is to EDUCATE people with REAL FACTS, and not ban inanimate objects!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I've been saying all along that it is up to the individuals in South Carolina to decide what the flag means to them and whether they want that flag flying at their state capital. It's not up to me or progressives or Kirk or any of his fellow Alinskyites to shame and deride them into deciding in favor of our views.

QFT

It irritated me to no end when the whole nation decided they needed to help us with RFRA. Now we're all loaning our expertise to SC. The Narcissism is palpable. Why don't we all leave well enough alone, and let the affected vote for their own policies and laws. This is how the federal monstrosity enacts its policies in the states: MSM bullying. If it comes up for a vote in Indiana, I'll be sure to let you all know how I feel. Until then, those who crusade on this topic, especially those using veiled insults, putting words in others' mouths and generally holding up poorly constructed arguments with their own egos, are only showing themselves for who they are, and I have no respect for such. You know who you are, there are some on each side of this, and you are the loudest, once again because your ego has lead you astray. I hope this debate is resolved in The Palmetto State by its own citizens, and that whatever the final result, that it is the best for peace, harmony, racial equity, and most of all, Liberty.

Top Bottom