• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While there is disagreement on details of climate change, I just don't see why we shouldn't leave this planet better than how we found it. If the green crowd is wrong then I guess there's nothing to worry about, but if they are right we will eventually come to a point where it's unsustainable. Better safe than sorry if you ask me. I want to know why some people on here don't agree with keeping the planet clean and suitable for people for generations that'll come after us.

Tell that to China and India.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I like to come and laugh at the elitists cruising by.

A perfect example.

I'm an elitist, whatever that is in this conversation, because I have conducted research.

Like I said, you never know what is going to come out of their mouths. Here I am, the son of an elitist factory worker. The product of labor. Decades spent on the dairy farm has the tendency to create elitists. I will certainly let my father know of his new found status.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I am an HVAC tech/Fabricator/minor gunsmith/electrician/plumber/carpenter/jack of all trades and master of none but I ain't no scientist OK......:yesway:

Laugh on my friend.

And yet, you are sure that following the money is the answer. Follow the money of the OP's author. Well, don't follow the money if you think that tobacco smoke has Vitamin C in it and stuff.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I'll be DEAD in about 20-25 years.....based on family history. Don't have any children. Family line ends here. Don't really care what happens to the Earth when I'm not around anymore. Not worried about something I can't do anything about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And yet, you are sure that following the money is the answer. Follow the money of the OP's author. Well, don't follow the money if you think that tobacco smoke has Vitamin C in it and stuff.

Follow the money to the source and sort it out from there....Are you offering anything except criticism.......Level 11 ....really.......I can kick opinions around with a keyboard. It is very easy to do.
    What is "Your" take on all of this sir. Fair question.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A perfect example.

I'm an elitist, whatever that is in this conversation, because I have conducted research.

Like I said, you never know what is going to come out of their mouths. Here I am, the son of an elitist factory worker. The product of labor. Decades spent on the dairy farm has the tendency to create elitists. I will certainly let my father know of his new found status.

It is how you address this thread. You come in bashing. You offer nothing towards the discussion. I have done research as well. I have studied life and how it is used/abused by people. Guilty as charged but I try and offer something of value to a discussion besides a snarky self centered offering such as yours.

I am going to start up my 4WD pollution machine and go fill it up with a fossil based fuel. Just doing my part.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    A perfect example.

Elitism is more a frame of mind than it is a social status. It means you think you're the smartest person in the room, and better than everyone else.

You conducted research? Really? What did you do, read some carefully selected works of others, that supported your preconceived notions, and then parrot what you read, like most "researchers" these days?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Tell that to China and India.

I know, right? How would Americans feel if we conserved our resources and kept our country clean, only to find out the China and India used up all their resources and killed us all with pollution anyway?

That would be like dying with money in the bank and a long unfinished bucket-list.

I say, resources unexploited are resources wasted.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I hope one day we switch to other means of energy production. We will run out of oil and natural resources one day. I think the issue will be shelved until it's too late. We have the means to do it. Solar and wind energy is our best bet. Clean, reliable, and most important of all it's free. We'll never run out of wind, and solar energy is guaranteed for another few billion years. I can't argue against that. There really is no excuse to not use them.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I hope one day we switch to other means of energy production. We will run out of oil and natural resources one day. I think the issue will be shelved until it's too late. We have the means to do it. Solar and wind energy is our best bet. Clean, reliable, and most important of all it's free. We'll never run out of wind, and solar energy is guaranteed for another few billion years. I can't argue against that. There really is no excuse to not use them.

however, politically, there may be no option but to keep using oil, coal, and natural gas as fast as we can.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Do you seriously believe those in power will let any free power sources out into the world. It is a form of control and will become more of the same and include water with that as well.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Do you seriously believe those in power will let any free power sources out into the world. It is a form of control and will become more of the same and include water with that as well.

Yes, and the sad part is that lately it seems more and more that those youngest among us will, for the rest of their lives, have to look up to see the high water mark for quality of life.

Top Bottom