• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The global warming fight makes more and more people poorer everyday. How many people have problems affording their utilities now, how many more will have problems in 5 years because we keep forcing the price up. Very difficult for a lot of folks to advance themselves when the things they depend on for everyday life keeps going up in price because of to many government regulations.

Its about the money and control, always has been, always will be

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The global warming fight makes more and more people poorer everyday. How many people have problems affording their utilities now, how many more will have problems in 5 years because we keep forcing the price up. Very difficult for a lot of folks to advance themselves when the things they depend on for everyday life keeps going up in price because of to many government regulations.

This.

Its about the money and control, always has been, always will be

And this.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I want to know why some people on here don't agree with keeping the planet clean and suitable for people for generations that'll come after us.

I personally would like to see some physical evidence of ANYONE in this thread that actually said such a thing (and wasn't being facietious). I'll be patiently waiting.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    In the '70s we were told were facing an imminent ice age. Then it became global warming. Now it's man caused climate change. What is the next manufactured imaginary crisis on the list?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the '70s we were told were facing an imminent ice age. Then it became global warming. Now it's man caused climate change. What is the next manufactured imaginary crisis on the list?

Scientists are jaded by the research grants and revenue streams these days. What ever pays the best is where their loyalty's stand. Follow the money/control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I tend to fall into the camp that looks at the past ice ages and scratches my head. We all can agree that the earth goes through cycles. Even all but your most ardent Global Warming activists will cede that point. What we can't seem to agree on is how we handle ourselves in the modern world and how/if our current behavior affects our environment. I'm no scientist and neither are you so I really don't know. What I can see is that global temps seem to be rising at a faster rate than they have in the past. However, we also have more accurate methods of measurement than we did in the past so...does that affect the numbers? Again, I'm not an expert so I really don't know.

It seems that in the name of "Global Warming", regulations have pushed technologies and costs on end users that we're not prepared for. I say we give technology time to catch up with itself and watch as more efficient (and cleaner) energy sources are discovered and put to good use. I'm all for that as I'm sure most everyone here is. What I don't want to see is what has happened in China. A total lack of ANY regulation on pollution standards (which affect EVERYONE) has led to record levels of smog and pollution that drift across the Pacific and even affect our West Coast. People here are breathing toxic crap from China...does this seem like a good idea to anyone? I didn't think so...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I feel like a broken record here, but we should be embracing a warming trend with open arms. The costs of cooling, in terms of dollars and lives, is far greater than the cost of warming. We don't have to have air conditioning in the summer, but we do have to heat our homes in the winter. Growing seasons will shorten in a cooler climate. Geographic ranges for agriculture will decrease in a cooler climate.

There is no evidence that oceans will actually rise. And considering that ice has a greater volume than water, melting the polar ice could conceivably decrease sea levels (if that were the only factor). And as much as it seems catastrophic to lose species, the earth's species have never been static. Change is the name of the game.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I tend to fall into the camp that looks at the past ice ages and scratches my head. We all can agree that the earth goes through cycles. Even all but your most ardent Global Warming activists will cede that point. What we can't seem to agree on is how we handle ourselves in the modern world and how/if our current behavior affects our environment. I'm no scientist and neither are you so I really don't know. What I can see is that global temps seem to be rising at a faster rate than they have in the past. However, we also have more accurate methods of measurement than we did in the past so...does that affect the numbers? Again, I'm not an expert so I really don't know.

It seems that in the name of "Global Warming", regulations have pushed technologies and costs on end users that we're not prepared for. I say we give technology time to catch up with itself and watch as more efficient (and cleaner) energy sources are discovered and put to good use. I'm all for that as I'm sure most everyone here is. What I don't want to see is what has happened in China. A total lack of ANY regulation on pollution standards (which affect EVERYONE) has led to record levels of smog and pollution that drift across the Pacific and even affect our West Coast. People here are breathing toxic crap from China...does this seem like a good idea to anyone? I didn't think so...
    You sure about that? ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I feel like a broken record here, but we should be embracing a warming trend with open arms. The costs of cooling, in terms of dollars and lives, is far greater than the cost of warming. We don't have to have air conditioning in the summer, but we do have to heat our homes in the winter. Growing seasons will shorten in a cooler climate. Geographic ranges for agriculture will decrease in a cooler climate.

There is no evidence that oceans will actually rise. And considering that ice has a greater volume than water, melting the polar ice could conceivably decrease sea levels (if that were the only factor). And as much as it seems catastrophic to lose species, the earth's species have never been static. Change is the name of the game.

Not starting an argument but if I read correctly you say that melting the ice caps could decrease sea levels. Trying to wrap my small brain around that.
    Explain pleas.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If anyone out there doesn't realize that the human race will be the sole cause for their own final demise, however it may occur, then I suggest that they would think differently if only they were to be acquainted some of them.

I mean, I feel like the global warming argument is like quibbling over a point spread or something.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Where have I heard that "moral equivalent of war" argument before? Jimmy Carter during the 70s talking about energy, back when "leading scientists" all said there would be no gasoline by 2000 and that we would be in a new ice age.:rolleyes:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While there is disagreement on details of climate change, I just don't see why we shouldn't leave this planet better than how we found it. If the green crowd is wrong then I guess there's nothing to worry about, but if they are right we will eventually come to a point where it's unsustainable. Better safe than sorry if you ask me. I want to know why some people on here don't agree with keeping the planet clean and suitable for people for generations that'll come after us.

A noble cause but the disruption that is required by those advocating it is not quantified. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Western countries have already reached wealth and can use that wealth to mitigate things like pollution but undeveloped countries are scrambling to gain some kind of wealth and that requires resources. They are the ones with the fastest growing use of carbon resources and a world limit would severely harm their ability to improve.

By far, the cheapest forms of energy are still oil and coal.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Not starting an argument but if I read correctly you say that melting the ice caps could decrease sea levels. Trying to wrap my small brain around that.
    Explain pleas.
    While it is true that water is the most dense several degrees above freezing (that property allowing water to freeze from the top, but rarely able to freeze to the bottom of a body of water) allowing aquatic life to survive the winter, and life to generally thrive on the planet, water freezes and becomes less dense (more volume) as a solid. However, being less dense than the surrounding water, ice floats so the volume of ice, though greater than the water it took to make it, does not displace more water (I think). Ask me about how the universe started. Or subscribe to my latest publication "Why Ice Floats and How the Universe Began." V1 #1, and "Why We Should Trash The Planet." V7 #36.

Capitalism runs on money. If you want something to get done you have to make it profitable. This does not make it bogus, though it can. Whoever spelled facetious wrong, it's spelled facetious (I think). Google is yer friend. Don't be layzee...

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Good Lord.

Not buying into the bull**** that is [STRIKE]global cooling[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]global warming[/STRIKE] global climate change does not mean we are for a "dirty planet".
    Get real with that progressive strawman talking point.

Hey, there is NOTHING wrong with hugging a tree......................................on the way up to your deerstand!! ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While it is true that water is the most dense several degrees above freezing (that property allowing water to freeze from the top, but rarely able to freeze to the bottom of a body of water) allowing aquatic life to survive the winter, and life to generally thrive on the planet, water freezes and becomes less dense (more volume) as a solid. However, being less dense then the surrounding water, ice floats so the volume of ice, though greater than the water it took to make it, does not displace more water (I think). Ask me about how the universe started. Or subscribe to my latest publication "Why Ice Floats and How the Universe Began." V1 #1, and "Why We Should Trash The Planet." V7 #36.

Capitalism runs on money. If you want something to get done you have to make it profitable. This does not make it bogus, though it can. Whoever spelled facetious wrong, it's spelled facetious (I think). Google is yer friend. Don't be layzee...

I know water floats and working with Ice Bank systems to air condition schools I understand the density and will float thing. I also know there is land under the south polar ice cap. To melt all of that ice I would think it to raise sea level measurably but not catastrophically. Might loose a bit of beach here and there.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I know water floats and working with Ice Bank systems to air condition schools I understand the density and will float thing. I also know there is land under the south polar ice cap. To melt all of that ice I would think it to raise sea level measurably but not catastrophically. Might loose a bit of beach here and there.

We could only be so lucky to lose about 100 miles inland on both coast :):

Top Bottom