Lafayette, Indiana

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Great news

I'll take it any way we can get it. I do have to ask though, since it is from Australia Do we have to reverse the rifling in our barrels? After all the toilets flush backwards there too.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I remember shooting cases of surplus Aussie .223 in the the good ole days. I remember it as nice shooting, clean ammo with nice, reloadable cases that held up to numerous loadings. It was the first ammo I had even bought that came in plastic bags rather than boxes inside of battle packs and it was all on striper clips in a really nice wooden case. I use those to keep my reloading and casting machinery in like my lubrisizer and presses so they don't get banged around when I take them places or move.

I shot all the Aussie ,308 I bought a while ago too. :( So I hope this comes both soon, is plentiful and doesn't fall into the hands of the goobers charging stupid prices before I can grab some of it. That should be all of our main fear, that goobers will get first crack at this and charge way too much for it.

Face it folks, as long as we as a people pay these prices, they will continue to charge them. At some point you must refrain from shooting all of what you buy all the time if you feel unsafe with out it and simply wait and MAKE them see that we won't pay these prices anymore. It is never going back to pre-panic ever again but it certainly can be made to go down to something a lot more reasonable. It just takes a little willpower.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    How ironic that Americans are getting ammo for their semi-auto rifles, from a country where all such rifles are illegal for ordinary citizens.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So what bullet would you use for 'roo hunting?

I am told just about anything as you shoot them in the head. .223 is popular as it is low recoil. Think of our coyote hunting.

It is night hunting and one "shines" them, temporarily stunning them, they crouch down and then you shoot them in the head.

tyler79durdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    To speak on foreign ammo... Just got some eley british made in mexico ammo. Lgs had a pallet. It didnt last long. A quick search online confirmed my question of its distinguishable and strange smell after being fired. Wondrr if the aussie stuff has a unique smell too?

RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    To speak on foreign ammo... Just got some eley british made in mexico ammo. Lgs had a pallet. It didnt last long. A quick search online confirmed my question of its distinguishable and strange smell after being fired. Wondrr if the aussie stuff has a unique smell too?

Is this an ammo thread or something else:D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How ironic that Americans are getting ammo for their semi-auto rifles, from a country where all such rifles are illegal for ordinary citizens.

Huh? You've got to jump through hoops but you can buy an AR in Australia.

Not cheap but not illegal.

Homepage : Acme Firearms

Home defense is a valid reason for a permit to own an AR in Australia. Hunting is another. They've got no barrel length requirements either. If you want a 7.5" AR in .223 and can afford it, you're good to go.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I am told just about anything as you shoot them in the head. .223 is popular as it is low recoil. Think of our coyote hunting.

It is night hunting and one "shines" them, temporarily stunning them, they crouch down and then you shoot them in the head.

Went to a sportsmen's club for a dinner while I was over there. There were a couple professional hunters there so I asked them a similar question about kangaroos. Lots of .22lr to the head inside 50 meters. Lots of .222, .223., some go larger.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Huh? You've got to jump through hoops but you can buy an AR in Australia.

Not cheap but not illegal.

Homepage : Acme Firearms

Home defense is a valid reason for a permit to own an AR in Australia. Hunting is another. They've got no barrel length requirements either. If you want a 7.5" AR in .223 and can afford it, you're good to go.

Like I said...ordinary citizens are prohibited from owning an AR. It's certainly not a "right" that law-abiding citizens can avail themselves of and relatively few folks are willing to jump through all the hoops or pay the absurd fees to have one. Lots of serious hunters in Australia have gone to single-shot rifles to avoid the hassle and expense of getting a permit for a repeating action.

Top Bottom