• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I tried to do an Appleseed with a Marlin 60 and it was very frustrating. Not having a removable magazine means you will not be able to load your rifle quickly at the same time everyone else does, This means when they tell everybody else to load 5 or 10 rounds in the mag, you will not be able to. You will need to leave your tube empty during the dry fire drills. Then when everyone else gets the command to shoot you will still be busy loading your weapon.

any rifle with 10 round removable mags would work much better for you than a tube fed .22. 10/22 seems to be the most popular but a marlin 795 or a Savage Mark II would work fine.

I don't know where or with who you did your Appleseed with but we have special provisions for tube fed rifles to allow them extra time they need to load. Yes I have been known to forget about them but I tell them if we start to leave them to give us a shout.
    I have had several tube fed shooters at shoots and have given several Rifleman patches to those same tube feeders.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I don't know where or with who you did your Appleseed with
    I think it was 3 summers ago at Marion Co. Fish and Game. I don't recall anyone's name.
    but we have special provisions for tube fed rifles to allow them extra time they need to load. Yes I have been known to forget about them but I tell them if we start to leave them to give us a shout.
    I have had several tube fed shooters at shoots and have given several Rifleman patches to those same tube feeders.
    I am really glad to hear that. It felt like the guys I trained with thought everybody in the world should have a 10/22.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    There are way too many Marlin 60s and other excellent tube fed rifles out there to discriminate against.:)
    Ive been to MCF&G twice as an instructor, both one day shoots and both times it was cold. I going to have to make it back in the summer some time.:yesway:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I think it was 3 summers ago at Marion Co. Fish and Game. I don't recall anyone's name.I am really glad to hear that. It felt like the guys I trained with thought everybody in the world should have a 10/22.

Nooo, I have seen many superb scores with tube fed rifles. I saw POC shoot several very high rifleman scores with a tube fed bolt action.

Nothing wrong with tube feds or stripper clips (SKS's feed FAST with stripper clips).

Top Bottom