• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Welcome to the club...you'll enjoy it, after the first one I needed plastic surgery to get the stupid grin off my face. Hope to host many more..good luck .

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have NEVER done an appleseed so I was wondering if it is to difficult for a first timer to get in on this? I live fairly close to where it will be at so the distance thing is kind of nice.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    appleseed is for anyone and everyone irishfan. all skill levels from never shot before to experts. it's all about safety, fun, Rifle marksmanship and some of the best History/Heritage one can get this day and age! definitely check it out if you have the time

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    appleseed is for anyone and everyone irishfan. all skill levels from never shot before to experts. it's all about safety, fun, Rifle marksmanship and some of the best History/Heritage one can get this day and age! definitely check it out if you have the time

Sounds fun. I have been wanting to do it for a while now.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Maybe missed it, I don't know a lot about Appleseed... what is the typical rifle used for this course? How many rounds?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I cant answer your question because I am staring at your avatar.

A .22 and a couple hundred rounds of ammo will work just fine. Anything you can bring they can use. The course is about the shooter not the rifle, and the history of course.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I keep forgetting to sign up. I will be doing so Wednesday. Might send me a text message or something to remind me. I will be registering from my work computer and quite honestly, I'm already dead tired by the time I get there. :/

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Wish I could make it up but I will be doing a private Appleseed down near Evansville. Maybe next time. Good luck to all the shooters and have fun.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Maybe missed it, I don't know a lot about Appleseed... what is the typical rifle used for this course? How many rounds?
    I tried to do an Appleseed with a Marlin 60 and it was very frustrating. Not having a removable magazine means you will not be able to load your rifle quickly at the same time everyone else does, This means when they tell everybody else to load 5 or 10 rounds in the mag, you will not be able to. You will need to leave your tube empty during the dry fire drills. Then when everyone else gets the command to shoot you will still be busy loading your weapon.

any rifle with 10 round removable mags would work much better for you than a tube fed .22. 10/22 seems to be the most popular but a marlin 795 or a Savage Mark II would work fine.

Top Bottom