• 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    :rockwoot:

We got all the details worked out, and the first applesead at my house will be
    May 18th-19th

Sign up and come watch me make a fool of myself. (I'm not much of a sling shooter yet)

The back story is Ive been wanting to do a applesead for a couple years, but there was always a big void in my area. I contacted then director yellowhousejake to try and see why there hadnt been any local to me. He informed me that they didnt have any ranges in my area that would support them. I called a few ranges (Ive never been to a public range so I didnt know anyone there) and none of them would work. Then I got the Idea "the easiest way to get one close to my house is to have it in my yard". Yellowhousejake came out a couple times and we got everything squared away and here we are. I know alot of folks have expressed interest in this so here it is.

On a side note this wont be a long range shoot. There should be a longer range shoot at my place in about 1 year.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I have considered a shoot at my place as well. What are you doing about the liability side of things to CYA? As the saying goes, "It's all fun & games until someone gets hurt."

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I have considered a shoot at my place as well. What are you doing about the liability side of things to CYA? As the saying goes, "It's all fun & games until someone gets hurt."

Appleseed does have insurance and will list private land as an "Additional Insured" to help you out. Send me a PM - we're always looking for new places to host an Appleseed! :rockwoot:

Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    I went to the website and couldn't fin any registration info. I assume that will happen shortly.

Never heard of Appleseed until I ran across this thread. It appears to be quite a value in comparison to some other training I've experienced. I will continue to inform myself on the Appleseed program/organization in the meantime. I will pass this along and hopefully see you there in May!

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I live in Decatur County now, so I'm not too far.

Can I get some info about what will be covered and what I need to bring? My current and only rifle is an old Savage .22 my father passed to me before his death in 2010.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I live in Decatur County now, so I'm not too far.

Can I get some info about what will be covered and what I need to bring? My current and only rifle is an old Savage .22 my father passed to me before his death in 2010.

This will be my first time aswell so im probably the wrong person to ask. somone more with some experiance will be along shortly

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Great news Alan!!!! Count me in! Even if I have to call in sick and pay my wife off by cooking and cleaning the entire week before and after, I will be there! I'm pumped. I may have a few friends that are interested. Keep us up to date.

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    @Tobryan & Rspc...

Appleseed is a great experience. I highly recommend it. I attended one last spring in Rochester. It's a perfect environment for competent shooters and those new to firearms; women especially. I believe AuntieBellum ran ours (super job btw). My partner & I had a blast. We really appreciated the time and effort all the Appleseed volunteers provided.

Any .22 rifle that holds up to 10 rnds should be fine. Two bricks of ammo should me more than enough. A sling is a plus if you have one. I used an old 10/22 with stock sites. The instructors were very helpful filling in any gaps anyone had surrounding equipment.

Dress weather appropriate and bring personal food & drink for brunch/lunch/snacks. The event breaks down somewhat like the following...greetings & safety rules - range time - instruction - range time - history lesson/lunch - range time - history lesson - range time. We had a blast!

Bring a positive attitude and an open mindset, and enjoy!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Great news Alan!!!! Count me in! Even if I have to call in sick and pay my wife off by cooking and cleaning the entire week before and after, I will be there! I'm pumped. I may have a few friends that are interested. Keep us up to date.

I think you have to go to the appleseed sight to get signed up. Im really not sure how all that works, Im providing ground and showing up. Thats the extent of my knowlege about appleseed or sling shooting.

On a side note Ive taken the bipod off of a couple of my rifles so I can pratice with a sling more. Your close enough if you want to come down let me know.

Top Bottom