The American Empire has already peaked and is on the downhill slide.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Didn't really think this was worth a new thread, so this one seems good enough.

Obama isn't content with bad foreign policy decisions with our foreign enemies and competitors, but also seems intent on fouling our relationships with friends.

Post-Brexit trade deal with US could take 10 years, Obama warns - BBC News

The man is unwilling or unable to understand foreign policy and the nature of international relationships.

I guess I'm not sure what your point is. Obama is trying to keep GB in the EU, are you saying he shouldn't be lobbying one side vs the other or that GB should get out of the EU and Obama is just getting in the way?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess I'm not sure what your point is. Obama is trying to keep GB in the EU, are you saying he shouldn't be lobbying one side vs the other or that GB should get out of the EU and Obama is just getting in the way?

First, he must understand - and it does not appear that he does - how any opinion he expresses will be viewed as policy, particularly foreign policy, where a president arguably has the greatest amount of discretion. He may speak his personal opinion informally, behind closed doors, but when speaking publicly, he is speaking as the executive of American foreign policy.

Second, assuming he does understand this (it isn't that difficult), then he's ignoring our traditional special relationship with GB. Either that or intentionally scuttling it. If Britain leaves the EU, telling them that they'll be at the end of the line for any new deals, that it will take at least 5 years to negotiate something, is insulting. It insults the shared history and connections that we have.

Finally, it is just bad form. There are a dozen other ways to express what he's trying to say that are diplomatic. But he can't do it. He is incapable of it in the international arena.

Top Bottom