The American Empire has already peaked and is on the downhill slide.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He's rolling in his grave, I was in DC a few weeks ago and you drive past the pentagon, then it's Arlington National, then next, practically overlooking Arlington, is the Military industrial park. BAE, Raytheon they all have huge buildings right there.

When I was there a couple years back, I remember being a little frustrated at how hard I had to jockey around, when taking pictures of Arlington and the Iwo Jima memorial, in order to frame a view that didn't show the ugly "BAE Systems" sign on the top of the building in the background. I eventually gave up, and left it in. It seemed a more fitting and cynical statement that way: dead Americans in the foreground, the top-10 contractor HQ in the background. (Thank gawd I'm out of that industry now).

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    well the US economy is on its all time low and for 2016 and beyond, all official U.S. economic forecasts call for stronger growth ahead. But, economic output is not the only variable on the rise. Inflation, debt levels, interest rates, and market valuations are also increasing. What does this mean for investors?????????????????????

And the economic outlook for 2016 has cleared all the doubts regarding the flatten economy that has created a huge loophole in the system and if the situation continues to be the same unemployment will surely be on the cards.The Federal Reserve is more optimistic. Current forecasts call for unemployment to be in the range of 4.8% to a high of 5.1% by the end of 2017. Therefore, the headline unemployment number is expected to decrease slightly.

How do you figure that?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    with roughly 33 cents of every dollar of our national debt being owed to China.....something needs to CHANGE in this country and the ANSWER was definitely NOT OBLAMA.....

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    with roughly 33 cents of every dollar of our national debt being owed to China.....something needs to CHANGE in this country and the ANSWER was definitely NOT OBLAMA.....

Rand was going to cut, Republicans don't, in general, have a plan to actually cut the debt. Hard to expand the military, cut taxes, keep entitlements and still balance the budget.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can anyone cite an example of a government which did not grow until destroyed from within or without? Has ANY government actually, voluntarily, shrunk in a peaceful way? And I'm not asking for some token bit of legislation, I'm asking if, taken as a whole, any form of human self-governance has EVER shrunk...

I'll wait right here.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Can anyone cite an example of a government which did not grow until destroyed from within or without? Has ANY government actually, voluntarily, shrunk in a peaceful way? And I'm not asking for some token bit of legislation, I'm asking if, taken as a whole, any form of human self-governance has EVER shrunk...

I'll wait right here.

You'll be fossilized before that ever happens.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I'll wait right here.

You had better pack a lunch, sufficient for the remainder of your natural life.

England had it forced on them. But at least some parts of the deconstruction were peaceful.

I would argue that we are dealing with to separate phenomena here. While England lost or gave up much of its colonial real estate for one reason or other, it's government NEVER shrunk but rather continued enlarging in terms of the extent to which it imposed itself on the lives of the individual citizens. This is where the measurement needs to take place, not in global real estate.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rand was going to cut, Republicans don't, in general, have a plan to actually cut the debt. Hard to expand the military, cut taxes, keep entitlements and still balance the budget.

So of those, they'll drop the fourth immediately, then the third; reluctantly the first and defend the second with their dying breath

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Wait until we get President Trump and the RINOs. That should keep us in stitches for the next four years.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'll wait right here.

Calvin Cooledge's administration did.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Didn't really think this was worth a new thread, so this one seems good enough.

Obama isn't content with bad foreign policy decisions with our foreign enemies and competitors, but also seems intent on fouling our relationships with friends.

Post-Brexit trade deal with US could take 10 years, Obama warns - BBC News

Mr Obama has previously said the UK would be at the "back of the queue" for trade deals with the US, if it left the EU.
    When asked about the comments, he told the BBC: "The UK would not be able to negotiate something with the United States faster than the EU.
    "We wouldn't abandon our efforts to negotiate a trade deal with our largest trading partner, the European market."

The man is unwilling or unable to understand foreign policy and the nature of international relationships.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Obama isn't content with bad foreign policy decisions with our foreign enemies and competitors, but also seems intent on fouling our relationships with friends.

The man is unwilling or unable to understand foreign policy and the nature of international relationships.

I think it depends on what you mean when you say "friends," the British people, or the British Govt. I believe Scotland and N. Ireland are all for staying in the EU, and outside of the "righties" in England, the govt seems to be leaning that way as well. I think Barry is simply supporting Cam.....AND, he's actually right. If the Britain leaves the UK, that's a LOT of renegotiating, so the EU with their set agreements with us would have the short-term edge.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Oh I think he knows exactly what he's doing...especially with GB.

Top Bottom