• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obviously not everyone's taste, and not my favorite song of theirs... but it's really awesome to see Ninja Sex Party perform on Conan.

More of a fan of their cover albums. He does a lot of 80s-style stuff, as well as comedy music. Pretty big deal for them, though. Sounds like that song is sort of becoming their "breakout" hit.

[video=youtube;NZam3yqRmWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZam3yqRmWU[/video]

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kaptain Kristian returns from an apparent hiatus to take a look at the way Disney makes their animation stand out

[video=youtube_share;EVQflnGcx4k]https://youtu.be/EVQflnGcx4k[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So there's an anime from last season called "Cells at Work!". It's being praised for how it accurately represents the human body and how the different parts within it interact and work together.

Cancer researcher praises human body-inspired anime ‘Cells at Work!’

It's pretty entertaining, plenty of humor with just the right amount of passive education thrown in. I've seen examples of some school science teachers showing it to their students.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just finished that episode.

That was a really good one. Didn't know how many issues he had with his dad, Dale Earnhardt... apparently not an amazing relationship. Also a lot of talk about concussions, hunting, cars in general.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm watching Elon Musk, Nichegamer (pro-GamerGate website), and the official Hatsune Miku account (huge japanese idol) chatting on Twitter.

We live in strange times.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've finally gotten around to watching Gurren Lagann. It's much different than what I was expecting. About 6-7 episodes left... 2nd half feels like it's going to get deep.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    AT&T/WarnerMedia dissolves Turner Broadcasting

Corporate restructuring has taken the Turner Broadcasting family of networks and split them off into three different companies. CN/AS/Boomerang/TCM have joined Warner Bros. CNN, Turner Sports, and all live events based networks have formed a new subsidiary called WarnerMedia News and Sports. TBS, TNT, and TruTV are now part of WarnerMedia Entertainment, which also contains the HBO family of networks having just been dissolved too, as well as the upcoming WarnerMedia streaming service.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not really sure I'm strong enough to watch that video.

So, will this be the end of Jeopardy!? It's been criticized of late for being to stuffy, boring, etc. All of it's new peers are super flashy with lots of ****-chat and competitor backstories (crying is a bonus).

Personally, I would view the loss of Jeopardy! as another step to Idiocracy; it won't be long till you can watch Ow, My Balls!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not really sure I'm strong enough to watch that video.

So, will this be the end of Jeopardy!? It's been criticized of late for being to stuffy, boring, etc. All of it's new peers are super flashy with lots of ****-chat and competitor backstories (crying is a bonus).

Personally, I would view the loss of Jeopardy! as another step to Idiocracy; it won't be long till you can watch Ow, My Balls!

It was a classy way to announce it. Joking about it was a good touch. My dad died from pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed at stage 4.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In the upcoming Netflix Cowboy Bebop, they have chosen John Cho, a 5'9 Asian dude, to play Spike Spiegel, a 6ft Jewish character.

Guess they saw it was an "anime" and decided to asian it up, or something.

D3U7S-rW4AYbvkL.jpg:small

331886-116765-spike-spiegel.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gigguk talks about how the concept of "classic anime" has died off... and the reasons he believes it happened.

The fast-paced and huge seasons definitely contribute to the lack of staying power

[video=youtube;dUKiANYyeMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUKiANYyeMM[/video]

Top Bottom