The 9mm sucks. Man shot 21 times still alive.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    BINGO! So many folks want to depend so heavily on a certain caliber

Is it .45ACP? I'll say this, I don't depend on .45ACP, nor do I think any more than a couple oddballs depend on it, but I can have it, so I do. I think an AE.50 is a bit much, but wont knock somebody for wanting it or using it for carry. (EDIT: also in the case of 21 hits, a tiny bit extra each hit adds up if you can't get a good shot. Every little bit helps IMO)

As mentioned before, my first thought was WTF were they thinking, but then after reading it sounds like I wouldn't have yelled "POLICE" either. If you shoot at ANYONE - I don't feel they are obligated to state who they are, or to demand that you stop. They said some were in plain clothes as though they makes the police the bad guys here, but what about the ones that were in uniform? It should be pretty safe to bet that when you're commiting violent crimes in public that the police will show up within a few minutes. Just a shame they couldn't have gotten one good shot it, I suppose it's got to REALLY suck being shot 21 times. Pehaps he will realize the error of his ways and the great pain he has caused others, and now himself.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :+1:

I saw that, too. Aggravates the heck out of me. The guy just killed someone... he is not a victim. Rather, he is wasting oxygen.

+1 to you too !

And the one article said not only killing someone, but he also had something like 8 priors arrests. I hope I'm wrong, but I would bet this won't change him. Just hope he finally meets that (1) well placed shot before he can claim another victim.

DrPrepper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Acton IN
    Guys, I was totally kidding about the whole 9mm sucks thing. Does anyone really still think that in 2010? I am just saying you KNOW thats what this is going to turn into.

I think the moral of the story is, high cap mags are a GOOD thing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For some reason, I'm annoyed by the caption of "Shooting Victim" by this guy, who Police witnessed committing a homicide before turning the gun towards the cops.

Victim isn't quite the right word here. :rolleyes:

+1 to you too !

And the one article said not only killing someone, but he also had something like 8 priors arrests. I hope I'm wrong, but I would bet this won't change him. Just hope he finally meets that (1) well placed shot before he can claim another victim.

But.. But... did you not see the picture above the victim. Come on that innocent young lad is a victim. He's a good kid just made a few mistakes that's all. I mean look at that pertty face according to his mama.

Besides it's that eveil guns's fault. That is why they have been outlawed in NYC.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The shame of it was that this guy was finishing his GED to get a job and take care of his kids... and their mothers... He really was a great kid.

The good think about him living is that they can prove that all to be a load of crap. :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    wasnt there a article on here recently about New York City wanting to pass and ordinance requiring their Police Officers to shoot people in the arms and legs if possible if they had to fire? I think that department and city is very corrupt, but im sure they have good cops still that probly feel like they are having their hands tied behind their backs. all this case is gonna do is fuel the lefts boat, and make them think its possible to make these kind of shoots without killing suspects, so then when a bullet hits a major artery and the suspect dies they are gonna be all up the officers ass. Theres no way i would be a cop in any city, but especialy New York.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    id rather be shot 21 times with a 45 by a guy who cant shoot straight than one time with a 9mm by a guy who knows how to hit where he is aiming

Is that warranty in writing on the ammo box? I'd like to read up on the topic of 9mm increasing mental accuity. Could keeping one in my pocket help me with my spelling and typing accuracy?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Your google-fu is weak. NYPD uses 9mm pistols. The officers have their choice of a Glock 19, a Sig 226 or a S&W 5946. All modified to have their trigger pull at a minimum of 12 pounds, Double Action Only.

I read a comment by a Glock fan on this very gun board that the heavy trigger pull on Glock handguns is beneficial to accurate shooting. This would lead me to the conclusion IF IT WERE TRUE these guys should have probably been EXPERTS.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I read a comment by a Glock fan on this very gun board that the heavy trigger pull on Glock handguns is beneficial to accurate shooting.

I know who you are talking about and he feels that way and shoots his Open Glock very well that way.

Doesn't mean it applies to everybody...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Too bad the POS survived. Seems that he had just shot and killed another person. Oh well at least we know gun control works real well in NY:noway:

Wow! That's quite a leap from the article I read.

According to the police officers who arrived at the scene, Angel Alvarez was seen fatally shooting Luis Soto. When Alvarez turned his weapon on the officers, a fierce firefight broke out. More than 50 bullets were fired, almost all of them by the police.
    Harlem man survives being shot 21 times by NYPD - Yahoo! News

I can't even count the number of times I've read in these forums about hold up, robbery, rapes, and beatings and the thread quickly becomes full of people advocating shooting the guy, just walk up and shoot them in the back of the head if you walk by and see a rape/sex in an alley, car jack attempt, neighborhood gang member stealing a scooter.

Luckily for Alvarez — whose criminal record includes at least eight prior arrests —

How is this relevant? I think there's an active thread here right now about felons with guns and shooting. Several posts in there with hardly any rebuttal about how once they've served their time they should have their guns back like any one else.

Meanwhile, some locals who witnessed the gunfight that left six people, including two cops, wounded are disputing the NYPD's version of events, saying that the officers — some of them in plainclothes — never identified themselves as [COLOR=#366388! important][COLOR=#366388! important]law [COLOR=#366388! important]enforcement[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
    "Never once did you hear 'Freeze,'" Shariff Spencer told the New York Times' Trymaine Lee and Colin Moynihan. "Never once did you hear 'Stop.' Never once did you hear '[COLOR=#366388! important][COLOR=#366388! important]NYPD[/COLOR][/COLOR].'"

Just try counting the comments about what people here are going to do when some one breaks in to their house waving a gun around threatening and ordering.

Through a spokesman, the NYPD has insisted that the use of force was justified, saying that Alvarez fired on the officers. It's been reported that the incident began with Alvarez and Soto arguing over a woman.

For the day after you blow out the county Sherrif for coming to pick up your weapons that have been declared illegal, what do you think it will say in the paper?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I know who you are talking about and he feels that way and shoots his Open Glock very well that way.

Doesn't mean it applies to everybody...

I know a guy who can break more clays than most people by holding his shotgun upside down above his head.

He doesn't teach it to new shooters or make a claim so ignorant as to say it's an advantage.

Top Bottom