• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    According to Captain Chris.

Who Is Captain Chris?

Captain Chris is the world's premier unarmed combat instructor for members of the US & UK Special Forces and dozens of military and para-military professionals and mercenaries around the globe.

He is a fomer military trained interrogator (trained to extract information from enemy combatants) and has black belts in 5 different martial artsincluding Karate, Judo and Jujutsu.

He is also a US Gold Medal Grappling Champion, Silver Medal Grapplers Quest National Champion, and has 147 trophies and medals in dozens of martial arts and fighting styles.

Last edited:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Couldn't make the link work, anyway I'm guessing he's talking about stopping power. I think any caliber gun is better than no gun at all. I have a 9mm and a .45, both are great, but 90% of the time I carry the 9mm. For me it comes down to having 16 rounds as opposed to 8. JM:twocents:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Couldn't make the link work, anyway I'm guessing he's talking about stopping power. I think any caliber gun is better than no gun at all. I have a 9mm and a .45, both are great, but 90% of the time I carry the 9mm. For me it comes down to having 16 rounds as opposed to 8. JM:twocents:

Yeah, but with a .45 you only need one. :twocents:

:laugh:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well let me show you 1 in the head and 2 in the chest of an attacker with a 9mm and lets see what that guy thinks then?? i dont think the criminal will have anything negative to say as the fire dept. sprays his brains off the pavement and into the sewer. its all about shot placement. if you need a full clip to save yourself from 1 attacker then you dont need to carry a gun. as civilians its not our job to get into a standoff. shoot and get the job done, or get away and let the police handle the standoff. shooting is your last option when there is no escape to be had. yes ive heard of cops that have emptied 15 round clips of 9mm into suspects and the guy is still dropping the soap in prison alive!! but i can also say all of those 15 shots placement SUCKED!!! you hit the heart or the brain and they are going down. even if you are up close to an attacker and need to draw and fire from the hip 2 times, PUSH with your non gun hand and then extend and double tap to the chest when hes back, then you will still get the job done with a 9mm.
    Ive been through U.S. socom training and I can tell you there are a lot of 9mm fans in the socom family!! yes a bigger caliber will always cause more trauma, but theres more to picking a caliber size than just looking at trauma caused, like weight, number of rounds carried efficiently, bullet velocity, interchangebility of rounds between your weapon and the majority on the street or in the world. I carry all types, but I carry a 9mm too sometimes and i have never felt anymore unsafe carrying a 9mm than if i carried a .45 caliber. maybe i would if i didnt constantly practice, but as long as you hone your shot placement then you will be fine with anything! even a .25
    when you go to the range before you shoot your carry weapon, get your heart rate up by jogging in place or jumping jacks. try to simulate the heavy breathing and possibly the shakyness you will experience when that rush of adrenaline hits you if you are ever forced to pull and fire your weapon. i hate static shooting practice. it does little good by itself. you have to try and simulate that adrenaline rush and gets your breathing under control. thats why police and inexperienced shooters have bad shot placement when they get into a shooting. they havent trained for the adrenaline rush like they should have, TUNNEL VISION!!! you have to breath and practce to be able to keep it from happening. its hard for me to explain everything in typing, i do better on a range. those of you with experience know what im talking about, those of you with little dont. so I ask you to please get training, good training. This spring i will be hosting a free class for tactical pistol (both advanced and beginner) please look into attending when i post it. thanks for reading this, i hope it helps someone. even if you think im nutz.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    460 Rowland with a Clark conversion kit in a 1911 suitable to the task. I want one.

460 Rowland 230gr 1340 ft/sec 917 ft/lbs Energy
    45 ACP Hydrashock 230gr 900 ft/sec 414 ft/lbs Energy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I just went from 15 rounds of 45 acp to 11 rounds of 9mm. I was getting serious pains from carrying such a large pistol, both physical and mental from it constantly being out in the open. I'll carry the 9mm when I want to be discrete and the 45 when I don't

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    captainchris.jpg

Captain Chris
    World Leader In Self Defense

Captain Chris Sez: "Don't be a tool, go to my skool"
    :rolleyes:

From the good captain.......
    They Can Be Seriously Damaged!

Some of these spots are obvious (like your eyes and testicles).

But many of these natural human "achilles heels" are NOT obviousand thus, are rarely defended against, since people don't even realize they have them on their bodies!

I did not realize I had eyes and/or testicles.... thanx capn'

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    i'd rather carry some the the captain's karate chops than my G26 ANY DAY!!!! anybody can get past a gun, but you bust out the threat of an uppercut, nobody's going to give you trouble...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "Capt. Chris" is...............

a few bricks shy of a full load. I have no scientific proof of this, yet, but I'm willing to bet most 9MM loads will penetrate his black belt and his BS, too. :draw:

Top Bottom