• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not sure if this point has been brought up but would the questionable election procedural changes have been constitutional if the legislators had initiated them? In other words this whole dispute is over a procedural thing. Seems to me if the State legislatures had an issue with the changes they would have addressed them at the time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not sure if this point has been brought up but would the questionable election procedural changes have been constitutional if the legislators had initiated them? In other words this whole dispute is over a procedural thing. Seems to me if the State legislatures had an issue with the changes they would have addressed them at the time.

Exactly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would say election day is election day and no exceptions except for those who request absentee ballots for good cause...like it was for several decades. If they want to open up earlier and close later, fine.

The only reason to allow any other form or voting is to get more people to vote who don't care that much about voting....and I don't care if those people don't vote.
    But you’re disenfranchising people who don’t care!!! :runaway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Someone brought up an excellent point concerning the Texas suit. Why isn’t Texas’s Solicitor General attached to the case? Shouldn’t he be the go to guy for these instances?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    SCOTUS rejects suit. We done yet?
    If that's the case then I will admit it's time to move on but I still think the issues with the voting machines and such still need to be vetted for future elections.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If that's the case then I will admit it's time to move on but I still think the issues with the voting machines and such still need to be vetted for future elections.

I have no issue investigating the election for as long as it takes to give voters confidence in the system. A Special Counsel probably should be appointed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have no issue investigating the election for as long as it takes to give voters confidence in the system. A Special Counsel probably should be appointed.
    I'm fine with that. Taking steps to bolster voter confidence in the system should be a priority for both parties.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

What happens if said special counsel find incontrovertible evidence of fraud sufficient to have swung the election?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope, suits are still coming...

Ingomike, you’re a good dude. You are generally respectful, always been nice to me, and seem to be an overall good dude. I gotta ask, why are you so unwilling to see the writing on the wall? I can understand thinking the election went the wrong way, or even that there were shenanigans involved. What I can’t understand is why you still think there is a possibility of Trump holding office. I’d it time to retire from the battlefield, and gear up for the next one?

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    "The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot."

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Ingomike, you’re a good dude. You are generally respectful, always been nice to me, and seem to be an overall good dude. I gotta ask, why are you so unwilling to see the writing on the wall? I can understand thinking the election went the wrong way, or even that there were shenanigans involved. What I can’t understand is why you still think there is a possibility of Trump holding office. I’d it time to retire from the battlefield, and gear up for the next one?

Hmmmm....one would have thought the same thing after 2016, wouldnt one?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I believe the final changes in PA, extending the time within which mail votes would be accepted to 9 days after the election date and blanket declaring votes without legible postmarks valid, was Oct 28 - six days before the election. Not much time to work with especially during covid. Don't know if their legislature was even in session

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Soap box failed
    Ballot box failed
    Jury box failed

SCOTUS isn't making a good call here, refusing to hear the argument of half of the country. May God help us, where we're going next.

We haven't gone to the battlefield yet.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The 'just lie back and enjoy it' canard?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Soap box failed
    Ballot box failed
    Jury box failed

SCOTUS isn't making a good call here, refusing to hear the argument of half of the country. May God help us, where we're going next.

We haven't gone to the battlefield yet.

It’s not the job of the SCOTUS to coddle the masses. It looks at the Constitution, and decides if it has jurisdiction. If it don’t, it don’t.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom