The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've got a lot of respect for anyone who runs on skis over 80 mph down an ice mountain. But if you expect non-crazy remarks from such a person, you may be asking too much! :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Apparently her back didn't join the #Resistance

But she has an absolute right to say what she said, and she's right - an athlete doesn't represent the leader, she/he/xe/it represents the country as a whole. What she fails to see is she is
    signaling she is only willing to represent the part she approves of, not the whole country. So currently at most she is representing 62% minus all the non-Trumpers who conclude she just may be a virtue-signaling attention whore

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I personally find the judgment of those who seek out the Wilt Chamberlains/Charlie Sheens/Tiger Woods/Bill Clintons/DJT's of the world as romantic partners to be a bit suspect. I suppose that means she and Hillary have something in common...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of which....tickets to Opening Night of The Last Jedi on the 14th! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I just can't do opening night of a blockbuster. I don't like crowded theaters. I have patience to wait a week or two and see it during a non-peak time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just can't do opening night of a blockbuster. I don't like crowded theaters. I have patience to wait a week or two and see it during a non-peak time.

We try and find a matinee time through the week.

I took the 10 year old G-daughter to see a new animated feature a couple of weeks ago to the early Saturday show. We were early and got the last 2 seats they had 2nd row middle. That was way to close for me. When you have to view left to right it sucks.
    We are considering on line reserves next time.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm not distrustful of you, there are plenty of people I respect, that sometimes seem to point out my "bad logic," but seem perfect willing to overlook other instances (i.e. Jamil). I may have been wrong in this instance and as such apologize... but I do wish folk would call out bad logic more often, when encountered.

you mean like investigating people to see if they broke a law?

i keep pointing that out and you keep ignoring it

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I spoke up because I find value in discussing/debating you which is a far from universal position of mine. There are many on both sides I just don't care to engage but you are not one of them. The last warning I got was in the Sherrif Joe thread where I was stupid enough to engage a true Trump believer. If you don't believe me, you really need to go back and read my exchanges with some of your "other side", for example, SD4L.

Yes, do go back and re-read the sheriff Joe exchange. My argument was that he was convicted without a jury for something he did not do... the conviction was for continuing to arrest individuals "solely upon being present illegally" which he was specifically barred by injunction from doing. The convicting document itself contradicted that... those he detained were not "solely illegally present" but also priority enforcement targets (i.e. felons) under Obama's ICE edicts. THAT is not "solely illegally present" , they had wants and warrants by federal authorities. For all of his sins, this was not one of them.

But that is not what you wanted to debate, instead going to all manner of other accusations against him that were not before the court... you don't like Joe, I don't blame you for that nor take issue with it... but when you want to convict and incarcerate an opponent based upon political animosity, THAT makes you a "true believer" in something other than the rule of law and impartial justice, IMO.

Joe has said and done some dispicable things... I don't doubt that. Prove them in a court of LAW and convict him by a fair jury trial, and you'll not hear a whimper of sympathy from me. This was not that, not in the least.

The final coup de grace was when you not only took a quote out of context, omitting the discussion prior to and after the quote, a common tactic of hard-pressed partisan warriors from both sides when they don't have "real" facts, but also DELETED PART OF THE QUOTED SENTENCES. That, IMO, is a bridge to far and a dishonesty akin to splicing together different bits of a tape recording to render something never said. (in the link below, red was omitted)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...trump-pardons-sheriff-joe-36.html#post7217998

I called you out on it. You vowed to never engage me again... I don't blame you as I will call out such tactics by those who put their "true beliefs" above blind and impartial justice and feel the need to "manufacture" facts in doing so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom