The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I've seen some of those sites, some of the entries are spot on, and some are just hyperbole.

Please tell me we're not going to argue once again about whether or not Trump is a proven liar? If you wish to discuss things can't we just agree this one's kind of been settled already. He lies, get on with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please tell me we're not going to argue once again about whether or not Trump is a proven liar? If you wish to discuss things can't we just agree this one's kind of been settled already. He lies, get on with it.

I kinda like reality being "real". So I get to complain about over-the-top hyperbole. The hyperbole tends to ruin the credibility of these sites.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Also. Pretty much all modern presidents are proven liars. Let's at least be honest about that. Trump lies. I'm ready to get on with reality. And so did Obama, Bush II, Clinton, etcetera.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The Ted Cruz thing was completely baseless. It was an over-the-top accusation made during an election. That wasn't even plausible.

The idea that Trump lost to Hillary in popular vote because of voter fraud is mostly baseless, but it is plausible that there could be some there there. That's how this objective thing works. You don't just discount an idea because you might not get to hold yet one more thing against the person you hate. But you don't have to agree to an idea that is obviously nonsense. Like the cruz thing.

Well here again you missed it, because you like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I said he often makes these baseless remarks and because of this he has no credibility.

So we all know I loath him, but that wasn't the point I made. I actually made a reasonable point based on his own actions.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I kinda like reality being "real". So I get to complain about over-the-top hyperbole. The hyperbole tends to ruin the credibility of these sites.

But it doesn't change the fact that he lies. It just gives you something to squawk about. The fact remains he's a habitual liar.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well here again you missed it, because you like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I said he often makes these baseless remarks and because of this he has no credibility.

So we all know I loath him, but that wasn't the point I made. I actually made a reasonable point based on his own actions.

That wasn't my objection. Did you happen to miss the part where I've said basically the same thing? No. My objection was and has been, refusing to accept objective truth when it tends to not impugn Trump for something horrible, as if losing a point would somehow injure you.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That wasn't my objection. Did you happen to miss the part where I've said basically the same thing? No. My objection was and has been, refusing to accept objective truth when it tends to not impugn Trump for something horrible, as if losing a point would somehow injure you.

The problem comes in when he makes so many baseless claims and lies that even if something is remotely possible it's those things that he does which defy logic and reason that get in the way of being able to convince anyone. He might have a base but he doesn't stand a chance of winning almost anyone else over to his side. He does it to himself, but in the end because he's the President it hurts us. So if your concern is that he is unduly being impugned what he's done makes it even easier because he makes himself an easy target. If he didn't most certainly he would still be attacked, but my G** why does he have to make it so easy?

And yes, if I missed your point previously, I apologize. But some of these arguements about whether or not he's a habitual liar just get old. He's a habitual liar.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Those goalposts never seem to stay in the same place.

Well if that's your take away, Oh well.

Either way way even if we have two instances in just two different states that doesn't always indicate that there is massive voter fraud.Besides the one in Philly seems more like a conclusion that would have been reached regardless and it just appears the Republicans failed to provide representation to ensure a fair contest. So in my mind we are down to one potential example that could have had any influence and that's it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well if that's your take away, Oh well.

Either way way even if we have two instances in just two different states that doesn't always indicate that there is massive voter fraud.Besides the one in Philly seems more like a conclusion that would have been reached regardless and it just appears the Republicans failed to provide representation to ensure a fair contest. So in my mind we are down to one potential example that could have had any influence and that's it.

Wow. And I am certain you would feel the same way were the tables turned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In 36 precincts in and near Cleveland Romney received one or zero votes.

Barack Obama won big in Cuyahoga County despite low turnout in his base areas | cleveland.com

Not what I would expect but nothing conclusive either. As far as comparisons go H*** Obama won Indiana in 2008 and when was the last Democrat able to pull that off.

I remember that. It was pretty widely reported at the time, but not so much on left media sources. The complaint was that it was statistically unlikely, even every voter in the district intended to vote for BHO, given the typical error rate in choosing wrong candidates, that no one accidentally voted for the wrong candidate. It doesn't necessarily imply voter fraud. Most likely it implies that voters had "help" voting.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Help me figure out what you're so concerned about here. Are you worried that those investigators that donated to democrats will work TOO hard during their investigation? Tell me exactly what you think these problem is with having these investigators.

not bipartisan....pretty plain to see....i wouldn't have a problem if half of them donated to Republicans.....

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also. Pretty much all modern presidents are proven liars. Let's at least be honest about that. Trump lies. I'm ready to get on with reality. And so did Obama, Bush II, Clinton, etcetera.

BushII lied, sure...but I'm not ready to go so far as to call him a liar. Bill Clinton was a liar. Clinton is the kind of guy who will lie when no one else is there to hear it.

Trump is a liar. It's difficult to respect a liar.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    To me it isn't that he is a liar, it is that he lies and acts like a juvenile. He comes across as being the emotional equivalent of about a 12 year old boy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Drees, you should really think about getting yourself a Twitter account, if you don't already have one.

I cannot make stuff like this up:

...the fix in this case does seem pretty easy. Get your representatives out there to monitor what's actually is taking place. That is if your really concerned about process and not scoring political points.

Well, this is a novel thought: go all Libertarian, and assert there's basically no government role in assuring legitimate, fair elections - it's up to private individuals to get off their booties and police it themselves!...

How, please tell me how when I say equal representation should be there that you can possibly get to this conclusion??

I'd be happy to explain it. :):

Why don't we just let Dr. E explain it...since it's what he said:

...it just appears the Republicans failed to provide representation to ensure a fair contest...

You know something, Drizz: perhaps the reason why people get the "wrong" idea about what you say...is because you _post_ the way Donald Trump _tweets_. There is actually a remarkable similarity in the sort of "stream-of-consciousness, deny-it-all-later" way that the two of you employ written language.

To the casual observer, it actually suggests a high degree of mental compatibility.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom