The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Here's a perfect example:

Elise Jordan Says Defending Trump ?Like Hugging a Suicide Bomber? | Mediaite

The President said something along the lines of: Comey better hope there aren't tapes.

Now he's being called a liar because, they say, he said there are tapes and there aren't.

You can't make this **** up, folks.

Ah, you got us there. I mean it's perfect reasonable and perfectly acceptable for not only a grown man but the President to say Comey better hope there aren't any tapes of our conversation. LOL

Trump Threatens Comey: He ?Better Hope There Are No ?Tapes? of Our Conversations?? | Mediaite

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ok, so where's that leave you? Whatcha you going to do next?

This is the fun part. I take the bits and pieces that come with satisfactory evidence, try to connect my own dots with a bit of educated guesswork where they don't quite meet, and carry out this process in the understanding that when the usual suspects scream like their nuts are being run through a Maytag wringer that Trump is probably doing something that threatens to contribute to the process of draining the swamp that provides their happy little fiefdoms.

So am I correct in thinking that now govt sources don't have to be believed? I'm seeing that notion repeated in this thread.

It would seem that the swamp is trying its best to strike back, including from agencies that have traditionally been considered to be above the political fray. At the end of the day none of them want Washington's problems corrected because that would threaten their little rice bowls most of which depend on overreach if not outright corruption. One simply has to keep in mind that these people have agendas that they hold very dear whether they be ideological or simply matters of defending their personal positions in the swamp they call home.

Here's a perfect example:

Elise Jordan Says Defending Trump ?Like Hugging a Suicide Bomber? | Mediaite

The President said something along the lines of: Comey better hope there aren't tapes.

Now he's being called a liar because, they say, he said there are tapes and there aren't.

You can't make this **** up, folks.

Once again, they assign to him something he didn't say and attack him for the quality or lack thereof of the statement he didn't make in the first place. Once again, they lie and make s**t up and then have tantrums of 'righteous' indignation because we call them out for lying and making s**t up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Last year in a Georgia 6 district, the dem spent $0 and got more votes than Ossof did spending $23 million :rofl:

i know turnout in special elections is low, but still.... :rofl:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Last year in a Georgia 6 district, the dem spent $0 and got more votes than Ossof did spending $23 million :rofl:

i know turnout in special elections is low, but still.... :rofl:

Just like the kid whose mom had to tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him, isn't he?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just chant Fake News, everything will be all right.

Yes! No bias at all......

DCzyn3ZVwAAceqS.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah because it's a bluff, now that makes it perfectly reasonable coming from the President. LOL

I thought we had a conversation about this. Must we have it again?

My contention was with saying it's a threat. Calling it a threat is hyperbole. I made no value judgements about that it was a bluff. But a bluff is a 3 or maybe a 4, while a threat is at least an 8. But if you're a binary thinker it's either a zero or an eleven depending on whether you're a Trumper or an anti-Trumper.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Reasonable articulable suspicion, probable cause and evidence, words that do not apply when investigating of Donald Trump.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Reasonable articulable suspicion, probable cause and evidence, words that do not apply when investigating of Donald Trump.

Reminder: No one knows the details uncovered (or not uncovered) by the investigation Comey is conducting. So it is unfair to say what does (or does not) apply. This could be a witch hunt, or Trump could have been recruited by Russia in the 90s. No one outside the investigation knows.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think Kut had a bad hair style in the 90's

So the Lorreta Lynch thing might get nasty.
    Note one of the MSM papers released a big story on hod the BHO administration knew all about the whole Russian thing and did nothing.
    Here is a SWAG Muleller may be getting closer to uncovering crap on them?
    I think if we hear more media about how the BHO administration knew about and did nothing. It may be going down that road.

Holder for President 2020

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom