The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Stuff like this (if true) is why I, sometimes, love Trump. It's like he's got SNL writers. You poke fun at the alternative energy hacks, while talking an issue your supporters like.

Are there going to be organic vegetables planted alongside it? Is it going to provide summer jobs for transgendered, inner-city youth? This is the most entertainment I've had from a President in a long time.

Yes, yes Trump is a BIG JOKE! I luv it too. What an idiot he is. LOL

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will say this. Trump understands trolling pretty well. Much better than the people he's trolling. I'd rather the POTUS were above trolling. But since he is I guess I might as well be entertained at how hard people fall for it.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I will say this. Trump understands trolling pretty well. Much better than the people he's trolling. I'd rather the POTUS were above trolling. But since he is I guess I might as well be entertained at how hard people fall for it.

Enjoy it all you want, it's not getting him or us anywhere. In fact all it does is stir the pot and make things worse. This gets us nowhere.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Enjoy it all you want, it's not getting him or us anywhere. In fact all it does is stir the pot and make things worse. This gets us nowhere.

Your use of 'us' is disingenuous. It seems (to you) that Trump isn't getting 'us' anywhere because you and we have vastly different destinations. Even just digging in his heels and slowing the headlong push to impose progressive utopia upon me would keep me satisfied with Trump. That he is turning the ship of state and setting course for a different destination just makes it all the more delectable. It only seems to you like we aren't getting anywhere because we're headed in a direction you don't want to go. Welcome to the club! To a certain extent we can empathize having just exited 8 years of the same. You can be certain we shall feel as sorry for your suffering as you likely did for ours. Sorry, that's the best we can do

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The facts remain the Democrat party is in bad shape.
    They are getting a reputation as a party of hate and division.
    If the special counsel comes out with dirt on them it could be truly the end for them.

BIDEN 2020

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Your use of 'us' is disingenuous. It seems (to you) that Trump isn't getting 'us' anywhere because you and we have vastly different destinations. Even just digging in his heels and slowing the headlong push to impose progressive utopia upon me would keep me satisfied with Trump. That he is turning the ship of state and setting course for a different destination just makes it all the more delectable. It only seems to you like we aren't getting anywhere because we're headed in a direction you don't want to go. Welcome to the club! To a certain extent we can empathize having just exited 8 years of the same. You can be certain we shall feel as sorry for your suffering as you likely did for ours. Sorry, that's the best we can do

No movement or progress in most cases is moving backwards.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You know what else gets us nowhere???? Constantly calling a man who is President with whom you disagree an "idiot" ad naseum....You know what else makes things worse??? In a moment of passion calling Trump supporters idiots because they do not see through the same lens as you...

I think you are a good person...I want you here on INGO...I have defended (and will again) you here on INGO...But I am begging you to PLEASE stop referring to Trump and his supporters as "idiots"...Please....I disagree with people constantly but I never question their intellect because they do not think like me....I now saw a post from my favorite INGO contrarian who has always (through the five years I have been reading his posts) has never refered to a president or his supporters as idiots, insinuate the folks at the Trump rally in Iowa were not too bright...I NEVER thought I would see that....

So as someone that looks forward to perhaps meeting you one day I ask you to please not refer to Trump or Trump supporters as unintelligent...I know it kind of feels good at first but I also know at the end of the day it has to make you feel a little bad...These are your fellow Hoosiers...Many of them (not myself) are your fellow veterans and most importantly many (including Trump) are your brothers and sisters in humanity..........

The point being is I don't want you to let loose something that crosses the line...It's just politics and a gun forum man....Nothing to lose good manners over...

And thank you Good Sir for your service to my country....While you were giving all I was chasing skirts and drinking too much so thank you for sacrificing what I was not willing to....No matter what mean things you say, or no matter how vile your comments towards Trump (or Trump supporters may be), by your service alone you are a better patriot than I could ever aspire to be...And I thank you...:ingo:

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No movement or progress in most cases is moving backwards.

Exactly! When 'progress' makes a mess of the place the correct answer is to return to the point where the country worked properly, or at least far better than it does now, or in other words, what a 'progressive' would call moving backwards.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly! When 'progress' makes a mess of the place the correct answer is to return to the point where the country worked properly, or at least far better than it does now, or in other words, what a 'progressive' would call moving backwards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WINNER^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd really like to "de-progress" pretty much the previous 8 years. I think America deserves a Mulligan.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You know what else gets us nowhere???? Constantly calling a man who is President with whom you disagree an "idiot" ad naseum....You know what else makes things worse??? In a moment of passion calling Trump supporters idiots because they do not see through the same lens as you...

I think you are a good person...I want you here on INGO...I have defended (and will again) you here on INGO...But I am begging you to PLEASE stop referring to Trump and his supporters as "idiots"...Please....I disagree with people constantly but I never question their intellect because they do not think like me....I now saw a post from my favorite INGO contrarian who has always (through the five years I have been reading his posts) has never refered to a president or his supporters as idiots, insinuate the folks at the Trump rally in Iowa were not too bright...I NEVER thought I would see that....

So as someone that looks forward to perhaps meeting you one day I ask you to please not refer to Trump or Trump supporters as unintelligent...I know it kind of feels good at first but I also know at the end of the day it has to make you feel a little bad...These are your fellow Hoosiers...Many of them (not myself) are your fellow veterans and most importantly many (including Trump) are your brothers and sisters in humanity..........

The point being is I don't want you to let loose something that crosses the line...It's just politics and a gun forum man....Nothing to lose good manners over...

And thank you Good Sir for your service to my country....While you were giving all I was chasing skirts and drinking too much so thank you for sacrificing what I was not willing to....No matter what mean things you say, or no matter how vile your comments towards Trump (or Trump supporters may be), by your service alone you are a better patriot than I could ever aspire to be...And I thank you...:ingo:

Thank you for those thoughts and some very gracious thoughts indeed.

Cheers,

Dan

Well considering this gentleman traffics in conspiracy theories, is a habitual liar, who fights people for no apparent good reason, and Tweets the things he does I find idiot to be rather tame.

If a supporter of whomever and that includes Trump to have a life size cardboard cut out and salutes it every morning then I find idiot fairly tame for that individual as well.

However if people find idiot insulting then maybe I should start calling him what he is. But for Trump being such a narcissist that he is that even won't cover all his various mental issues or tendencies. I mean what kind of mental midget requires his cabinet to do what they did for him the other week. Not any of our previous Presidents, but maybe someone like Kim from North Korea possibly. What do you call a man that traffics in conspiracy theories and habitualy lies? I mean the man has said his actual net worth often depends on the weather and the mood he's in. What do you call that? How about the fact his Administration has at least halted all on camera White House Press briefings on camera and has gone to off camera tape audio delayed briefings. What should I call him? Dictator Trump because he's certainly doing those things and trying for as much uncontested power as possible.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:yesway:

I always try to argue the facts, and leave out the insults.
    When people say something insulting about Pelosi's looks or intelligence, I try to focus on policy.
    When talking about the President, I say "President Trump", or "President Obama", etc.
    To me, when you resort to insults and name calling, you have just forfeited the argument.
    It's the equivalent of 2nd graders calling "Poopy Head".

And yes, sometimes I fail.
    But, I make the attempt.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I'm beginning to get a 'Stalingrad' feeling about this progressive/populist conflict. That the left seems to have likewise been ordered to give no ground and never surrender, despite the reality on the ground, has me wondering who der/their Führer actually is.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Rep Gremlins won't let me rep you for this. Well said.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And wait for it...

Trump is using the force of government to make political prisoners of his opponents.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom