The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Probably the one where he said he din no nuffin about Iran/Contra............

Or the one where he said whether or not he had his southerstick in that interns's mouth depends on what the definition of is is.

Wait. Wrong POTUS.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    41 states will not comply with the request. What are these states hiding?

That's what we'd like to know. We are currently at the point analagous to the traffic stop reeking of weed but declining to allow a vehicle search. We just want to call in the dog

I'm not sure how people can assert that fraudulent voting is a rare problem (or that it is much less than the current administration thinks it is) with any more certainty than it can be asserted that 3 million+ fraudulent votes were cast in the last election. Without a search of the relevant data, both are equally supported by the available evidence (there is none)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's what we'd like to know. We are currently at the point analagous to the traffic stop reeking of weed but declining to allow a vehicle search. We just want to call in the dog

I'm not sure how people can assert that fraudulent voting is a rare problem (or that it is much less than the current administration thinks it is) with any more certainty than it can be asserted that 3 million+ fraudulent votes were cast in the last election. Without a search of the relevant data, both are equally supported by the available evidence (there is none)

No. It's not really all that analogous. There's a due process for stops like that. There are written laws and case law around stops like that. There is precedence for stops like that. And calling in the dog in your analogy doesn't require everyone to be searched, including the vast majority who didn't do anything to be pulled over for. And, unlike voter fraud, the dude's car smelling like MJ is more likely from a victim-less crime.

I'm quite fond of Indiana's law on handing over voter information. Handing over the personal stuff is rightly against the law. WTG for the free state of Indiana! :rockwoot:

(now if we could just open up Sunday alcohol laws)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trade you Sunday sales for No Guns signs lack the force of law

ETA: Why are the Feds expected to *****-slap Russia in order to 'protect/preserve the sanctity of the electoral process', but when it comes time to root out fraudulent voting to
    'protect/preserve the sanctity of the electoral process' it becomes a process left up to the individual states

I say we pick a high-stakes test case (California) and do all possible to compel them to deliver the info or credibly perform a database search of their own voter rolls (with neutral observers)

ETA: I believe there is a 'there' there

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    19665311_1938442083100559_3784515558710572342_n.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Not saying it's right, but that story is full of unique situations. He was dragged to the Middle East by his Jihadi parents, and was captured at 15. He was turned over to American custody, and alleges he was abused, and his confession was made under duress. He was charged with committing a war crime for throwing a grenade during a firefight (someone explain that to me?). Being that he was a Canadian citizen, his claim is that Canada (who knew of his internment) should have stepped in a protected him.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Gee sure sounds like there's a lot of talk about a number of countries working trade deals with other countries but no mention of the United States. Gotta wonder where that leaves the US. You think we can develop a strong economy by trading with ourselves. Let's Make America Great by alienating everybody else. How's that working for you? I mean you really think you'll have a job when that happens?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yea, Youre not going to win going up against reddit/the internet on something like this hah

Is this the same group that convinced feminist's to quit wearing sanitary napkins and to start posting videos of them wetting themselves to show "solidarity" for other women????

If so they are right up there with Cartman vs Scott Tenorman......

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You're essentially saying that because you think there's widespread voter fraud, let's start an expensive investigation to get proof. Well, when dealing with MY personal information, what you think doesn't allow you disregard my privacy to get "proof."

Just to be clear, it is your PUBLICLY AVAILABLE personal information that you are talking about. Both the Republican and Democratic parties of ALL 50 STATES have the information the commission requested of each state. Each state varies as to the details available.

The list requested is a super-set of information available in some of the states... so the request was basically all of the publicly available information that each state retains and distributes to political parties, pollsters, etc. when requested, and usually paid for.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Not saying it's right, but that story is full of unique situations. He was dragged to the Middle East by his Jihadi parents, and was captured at 15. He was turned over to American custody, and alleges he was abused, and his confession was made under duress. He was charged with committing a war crime for throwing a grenade during a firefight (someone explain that to me?). Being that he was a Canadian citizen, his claim is that Canada (who knew of his internment) should have stepped in a protected him.

Read the laws and customs of war... international law that differentiates a uniformed soldier under command in warfare from a criminal committing criminal acts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just to be clear, it is your PUBLICLY AVAILABLE personal information that you are talking about. Both the Republican and Democratic parties of ALL 50 STATES have the information the commission requested of each state. Each state varies as to the details available.

The WH is asking for some publically available information, and I'm generally ok with that. I'm not ok with them requesting the non-public info.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Read the laws and customs of war... international law that differentiates a uniformed soldier under command in warfare from a criminal committing criminal acts.

The idea of rules/customs of war is pretty ridiculous in the first place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom