The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, since the states have proven unwilling to assist is looking into the voter fraud issue. how would you proceed? The leftist media has vehemently denied that there is any voter fraud and mocked any investigations into it. That leads me to believe it's bigger than they want to admit.

Not really. The media has only pointed out that voter fraud doesn't exist on near the scale that the current administration suggests. Do you have any evidence as to why the "leftist" media would, wrongfully, mock the voter fraud claim? In the interest of transparency, this IS a setup.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You are aware that actual proof of fraudulent voting is practically non-existent right? Let's be clear, that's NOT to say that it isn't attempted, or even that the attempts aren't widespread, BUT it certainly points to the idea that the protections in place work. And the guy running this commission isn't somebody I'd trust with confirming an expired raffle ticket, let alone a vote. There's absolutely no proof to back up the White House's 3,000,000 illegal votes claim.

You are engaging in a circular argument. There is plenty of probable cause to believe it is happening ranging from districts turning in more votes than they have people, the numbers actually caught, the lack of any meaningful proactive attempt to keep the voter rolls clean (i.e., as long as you keep voting, you stay registered even if you died in 1993), and last but not least having perpetrators of fraud attempt to recruit friends of mine to participate. Back to the circular argument, you are telling us that actual proof isn't available, and this is reason to deny those reviewing the process access to the evidence which likely contains that proof. Consider this in the same context that the burden on you to get a search warrant is lower than the burden on you to get a conviction in court.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are engaging in a circular argument. There is plenty of probable cause to believe it is happening ranging from districts turning in more votes than they have people, the numbers actually caught, the lack of any meaningful proactive attempt to keep the voter rolls clean (i.e., as long as you keep voting, you stay registered even if you died in 1993), and last but not least having perpetrators of fraud attempt to recruit friends of mine to participate. Back to the circular argument, you are telling us that actual proof isn't available, and this is reason to deny those reviewing the process access to the evidence which likely contains that proof. Consider this in the same context that the burden on you to get a search warrant is lower than the burden on you to get a conviction in court.

You're essentially saying that because you think there's widespread voter fraud, let's start an expensive investigation to get proof. Well, when dealing with MY personal information, what you think doesn't allow you disregard my privacy to get "proof."

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Not really. The media has only pointed out that voter fraud doesn't exist on near the scale that the current administration suggests. Do you have any evidence as to why the "leftist" media would, wrongfully, mock the voter fraud claim? In the interest of transparency, this IS a setup.

How can they "point out" something that is an open question? You know as well as I why they would mock it. It will be a huge blow to the leftists when it is finally proven on what scale voter fraud is and has been being perpetrated in this country. It would truly flip the country on its head when they realize who the real majority is.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You're essentially saying that because you think there's widespread voter fraud, let's start an expensive investigation to get proof. Well, when dealing with MY personal information, what you think doesn't allow you disregard my privacy to get "proof."

Is it possible for there to be more legal votes in a given district than there are people? If you say yes, then you are right. If it is not possible, then fraud is happening.

Is it possible for people to approach others to recruit them to engage in fraud without fraud happening?

Is it possible for fictional characters to be registered to vote without fraud happening?

Is it possible for dozens of voters to be registered at the address of a permanently closed business without fraud happening?

If we know about these things happening in addition to the old people voting absentee religiously for whom there is no substantial mechanism to confirm they are still alive, what in the universe leads you to believe that this isn't a problem?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Is it possible for there to be more legal votes in a given district than there are people? If you say yes, then you are right. If it is not possible, then fraud is happening.

Is it possible for people to approach others to recruit them to engage in fraud without fraud happening?

Is it possible for fictional characters to be registered to vote without fraud happening?

Is it possible for dozens of voters to be registered at the address of a permanently closed business without fraud happening?

If we know about these things happening in addition to the old people voting absentee religiously for whom there is no substantial mechanism to confirm they are still alive, what in the universe leads you to believe that this isn't a problem?

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Kutnupe, I try to see both sides of any disagreement. I see your side of things often. I think you bring an interesting perspective to a lot of things here at INGO.

Suggesting that voter fraud isn't real is not one of the subjects I can come close to agreeing with you. There is so much circumstantial evidence that it is hard not to think something is going on.

I will agree the only way to prove it is to do a vote review and I am not willing to give up my voting records either (even though the feds probably already have them).

I know Snopes wrote a huge article on this trying to make it look like it was a lie. I was flabbergasted by this video. There is no way this guy was just trying to shoo the reporter away. No way...

[video]https://youtu.be/jUDTcxIqqM0[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I kinda suspect that voter fraud is bigger than the naysayers say it is. I also don't think it's as big as Trump said it was. Hillary likely did not beat Trump by anywhere near 3 million illegal votes. But that has nothing to do with why Kut said he opposes this. It's the personal nature of the information requested. I tend to agree with that as well. Trump can go **** a tree if he needs that information to prove voter fraud. If it's happening, aggregate information should be able to establish how big the problem is.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

You and many others believe that we must continue to spend time and money to invesitgate Russia medeling in the election, even though every wittness has said there is no evidence.

What is that word you always use Kut?

oh yeah, consistency.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kutnupe, I try to see both sides of any disagreement. I see your side of things often. I think you bring an interesting perspective to a lot of things here at INGO.

Suggesting that voter fraud isn't real is not one of the subjects I can come close to agreeing with you. There is so much circumstantial evidence that it is hard not to think something is going on.

I will agree the only way to prove it is to do a vote review and I am not willing to give up my voting records either (even though the feds probably already have them).

I know Snopes wrote a huge article on this trying to make it look like it was a lie. I was flabbergasted by this video. There is no way this guy was just trying to shoo the reporter away. No way...

[video]https://youtu.be/jUDTcxIqqM0[/video]

I didn't say that. I said that it wasn't as widespread as the current administration has alleged.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You and many others believe that we must continue to spend time and money to invesitgate Russia medeling in the election, even though every wittness has said there is no evidence.

What is that word you always use Kut?

oh yeah, consistency.

Do you have a link to this "there was no meddling in the election" made by witnesses? What I think you meant to say, was that "there was no collusion by the Trump campaign." And for the two of my previous statement made, the former does have evidence, and the latter does not. So, I'd challenge the notion of inconsistency, on my part when it's obviously apparent that you haven't your facts straight in the above post.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I kinda suspect that voter fraud is bigger than the naysayers say it is. I also don't think it's as big as Trump said it was. Hillary likely did not beat Trump by anywhere near 3 million illegal votes. But that has nothing to do with why Kut said he opposes this. It's the personal nature of the information requested. I tend to agree with that as well. Trump can go **** a tree if he needs that information to prove voter fraud. If it's happening, aggregate information should be able to establish how big the problem is.

Exactly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom