The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    a time machine allowing one to travel about 100 years into the future?

I disagree! As long as your attitude prevails there will be ZERO improvement in race relations. All of the other Ethnicities are making strides and the black culture lives 100 years in the past and blame everyone but themselves for their inability to be accepted.

I do not care if you walk around in african aperal even Zulu dress, but in my opinion it will not help to enter the mainstream of American life.

I would like to to see the America that MLK dreamed of, but it will never be realized as long as the group that it would most benefit is not willing to forget that they are victims and prove through the strength of their character that they are better than their white peers.

I really hope that this does not get me banned. I hold no prejudice in my heart toward any race or ethnicity.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I hold no prejudice in my heart toward any race or ethnicity.

I can easily understand your point. The difficult balance I find is on one hand harboring no animus toward anyone for being as God created them while at the same time being well aware that I have a good chance of not receiving the same consideration in return.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree! As long as your attitude prevails there will be ZERO improvement in race relations. All of the other Ethnicities are making strides and the black culture lives 100 years in the past and blame everyone but themselves for their inability to be accepted.

I do not care if you walk around in african aperal even Zulu dress, but in my opinion it will not help to enter the mainstream of American life.

I would like to to see the America that MLK dreamed of, but it will never be realized as long as the group that it would most benefit is not willing to forget that they are victims and prove through the strength of their character that they are better than their white peers.

I really hope that this does not get me banned. I hold no prejudice in my heart toward any race or ethnicity.

If everyone truly didn't care if they walked around dressed as Africans, we'd already be there. The reason we're not there yet is we still exercise the human proclivity towards tribalism, towards grouping with similar others, that we still care too much about homogeneity, to not care about differences. In that Kut is right that we're still far from that. We've shown that we can overcome our nature to some extent through understanding and by choosing to supress that nature as we evoleve socially.

But, you do have a point that the concept of "blackness", Black Power, black social substitutes for "white" constructs greatly hinders that social evolution. If Black people want white people to stop caring about their race, they need to help that along by stop caring about it too. They're not going to help by promoting critical race theory, leftist identitarianim, social marxism, and seeing every social construct in Western society as being a power play to oppress them.

The point is that both sides are guilty for the extent to which we all still care too about race. Whites still do. And Blacks still do. About the only thing I could argue with Kut's 100 year estimation is that untill we're back on track after this nonsense leftist diversion from the natural social evolutionary path, it's impossible to extrapolate a reasonable timeframe for when we'll get there. We've gone backwards. Tomorrow's most apparent Black leaders are calling for their own segregation for crying out loud.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Here, let me tell you a story that would inappropiate while I was stilled employed by my previous employer. During my first week, as I and the other people I gotten hired with were getting familiar with the way things worked. One day we were getting our emails set up. So I did as instructed, set my email up, and checked my inbox. It was standard fare, welcome form the Chief, shift assignment, FTOs blah, blah, blah. One email, caught my attention. It was entitled "Nature's Mysteries" and it originated from a "gold badge" (which I would months later find out). So I opened it, and to my surprise was a fairly racist cartoon, and that's being generous. I pondered the entire day about what to do with it. I hadn't even been there a week, and I certainly didn't want to be "that guy," from the outset. So, I spoke to some of the other officers I been hired with, and the consensus was that I say something to the hiring coordinator. Still, I didn't. One of the other officers was so pissed about it, he said something to the hiring coordinator. It was kept very hush hush. None of the standard, handbook, protocols were followed. I didn't write a formal complaint, an investigator wasn't assigned, pretty much nothing. What did happen, was the Chief (Fogerty at the time), called me into the office, apologized, and said that the situation had been handled, and the officer "reprimanded appropriately." I'll forever remember "reprimand appropriately," because that really doesn't say much of anything.
    So whatever, water under the bridge. I then recalled, how officers spoke of one particular "gold badge," whom they said was hilarious, as told to me by one of my FTOs. I was confused. I had been around that person numerous times, and he had never spoken a word to me, never cracked a smile, let alone tell any jokes. My FTO paused for a moment and said "Ohhhh, when you get out of FTO, I'll tel you whats up." I obviously passed FT, and my FTO told me that the hilarious officer and the one whom the email originated were one in the same. For the rest of my years at my previous employer, that person treated me the same way, we never exchanged a word....... until my last day at the PD. I took it upon myself to walk into his office (he's now a civilian employee), and cleared the air.
    The "system" failed me on so many levels, top to bottom. Now, had I made a big hoopla about that whole situation, I'm sure that "gold badge" would have been out of job, along with several other people, and I'd be sipping fruity drinks on beach somewhere complements of the city. But as I said earlier, I didn't play the victim. I wasn't living in great-grandparents, grandparents, or parents past. I was living in the now. What I learned, was that such behavior, in absence of protest, is completely acceptable. The risks people were willing to take, literally risking their careers, were more palatable than treating the situation with the seriousness it warranted. That wasn't the then, that was in the now. So if you wonder way my "attitude" is forward thinking a 100 years, or so, it's because I've seen repeatedly the attitude of others that makes me believe we are a LONG way off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lemme just say this: If you are engaged in a sexual activity and you are thinking "Trump, Trump, Trump", you need serious medical help.

Who, the closet Trumper slut? Could be it's just getting harder for women to find men on the left.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Could be she's not interested in the men on the left. Maybe she should ponder that.

Wait. So what youre saying is, if you were a woman you wouldn't hit this?

pajama-boy-screenshot-640x480.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here, let me tell you a story that would inappropiate while I was stilled employed by my previous employer. During my first week, as I and the other people I gotten hired with were getting familiar with the way things worked. One day we were getting our emails set up. So I did as instructed, set my email up, and checked my inbox. It was standard fare, welcome form the Chief, shift assignment, FTOs blah, blah, blah. One email, caught my attention. It was entitled "Nature's Mysteries" and it originated from a "gold badge" (which I would months later find out). So I opened it, and to my surprise was a fairly racist cartoon, and that's being generous. I pondered the entire day about what to do with it. I hadn't even been there a week, and I certainly didn't want to be "that guy," from the outset. So, I spoke to some of the other officers I been hired with, and the consensus was that I say something to the hiring coordinator. Still, I didn't. One of the other officers was so pissed about it, he said something to the hiring coordinator. It was kept very hush hush. None of the standard, handbook, protocols were followed. I didn't write a formal complaint, an investigator wasn't assigned, pretty much nothing. What did happen, was the Chief (Fogerty at the time), called me into the office, apologized, and said that the situation had been handled, and the officer "reprimanded appropriately." I'll forever remember "reprimand appropriately," because that really doesn't say much of anything.
    So whatever, water under the bridge. I then recalled, how officers spoke of one particular "gold badge," whom they said was hilarious, as told to me by one of my FTOs. I was confused. I had been around that person numerous times, and he had never spoken a word to me, never cracked a smile, let alone tell any jokes. My FTO paused for a moment and said "Ohhhh, when you get out of FTO, I'll tel you whats up." I obviously passed FT, and my FTO told me that the hilarious officer and the one whom the email originated were one in the same. For the rest of my years at my previous employer, that person treated me the same way, we never exchanged a word....... until my last day at the PD. I took it upon myself to walk into his office (he's now a civilian employee), and cleared the air.
    The "system" failed me on so many levels, top to bottom. Now, had I made a big hoopla about that whole situation, I'm sure that "gold badge" would have been out of job, along with several other people, and I'd be sipping fruity drinks on beach somewhere complements of the city. But as I said earlier, I didn't play the victim. I wasn't living in great-grandparents, grandparents, or parents past. I was living in the now. What I learned, was that such behavior, in absence of protest, is completely acceptable. The risks people were willing to take, literally risking their careers, were more palatable than treating the situation with the seriousness it warranted. That wasn't the then, that was in the now. So if you wonder way my "attitude" is forward thinking a 100 years, or so, it's because I've seen repeatedly the attitude of others that makes me believe we are a LONG way off.

My question: What do we do with this?

I can understand why you would be disturbed with the suggestion that racism no longer exists, and have no doubt that this is not the only example you have experienced. On the other hand, I get tired of having others try to impose a burden on me to make absolutely sure that I never say or do anything that the most fertile imagination could stretch into something racially offensive. As our society becomes more polarized rather than less so, is there a solution?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think there's a significant difference between playing the victim and deciding that something is completley unacceptible. But the biggest failure here that I see was the other officers who saw the injustice and let it stand. They should have demanded that standard protocols were followed. The offier who sent the email should have been fired.

An employee who sends such an email where I work would likely lose his job.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I think there's a significant difference between playing the victim and deciding that something is completley unacceptible. But the biggest failure here that I see was the other officers who saw the injustice and let it stand. They should have demanded that standard protocols were followed. The offier who sent the email should have been fired.

An employee who sends such an email where I work would likely lose his job.

Unfortunately that's not the way things work for the most part. At least in my experience what is right and what is often done can be very different indeed. That's one of the reasons I enjoyed my experience in the military for the most part and I say most part because even then with all of the outside agencies responsible for and keeping a check on things some things tend to get by even then.

Kind of my feeling why we have laws or rules for the most part. Laws and rules are often for offenders and not for people with good intentions.

In the end run it often takes not only good intentions it takes hard work to often make sure the right thing is being done. Not everybody is willing to do the hard work or what might be the unpopular thing even if it is the right thing in the end.

Or at least that's my opinion for what it's worth,

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unfortunately that's not the way things work for the most part. At least in my experience what is right and what is often done can be very different indeed. That's one of the reasons I enjoyed my experience in the military for the most part and I say most part because even then with all of the outside agencies responsible for and keeping a check on things some things tend to get by even then.

Kind of my feeling why we have laws or rules for the most part. Laws and rules are often for offenders and not for people with good intentions.

In the end run it often takes not only good intentions it takes hard work to often make sure the right thing is being done. Not everybody is willing to do the hard work or what might be the unpopular thing even if it is the right thing in the end.

Or at least that's my opinion for what it's worth,

This sounds reasonable enough in principle. My only objection is that once we start using the law to enforce more than minimum standards, it gets twisted to be used on those with good intentions while ignoring the worst offenders. Asset forfeiture is a prime example of this in action.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom