The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This thread has been boring for weeks. One of the reasons I've found other things to do with my summer. Like work on my truck, go fishin', meet with friends WHO NEVER MENTIONED TRUMP OR WASHINGTON once in hours of conversation.

The funny thing is that You are the one that brought him up.

But if you go to a fine steak house and order a well done aged steak with ketchup, you don't deserve to call yourself a real American.

You are the real American police now?

The defense rests.

pompous snob?

Some people think they are better/smarter than others. Progressives want to tell others they can't have ketchup on their steak.

birth certificate says i'm a American and i can out cook any fine steak house and yes there will be ketchup.....

I want and bought aged rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick, seasoned and grilled them to perfection, plated them and served them to my friend and his wife. They asked for ketchup, I cried, and gave them the ketchup

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I want and bought aged rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick, seasoned and grilled them to perfection, plated them and served them to my friend and his wife. They asked for ketchup, I cried, and gave them the ketchup

Next time they'd get the hanger cuts.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Salt and pepper and good heat. I'm not too unhappy if someone uses a dab of sauce on the side as long as they don't smother it. My brother finishes his steaks with butter and salt and that is pretty close to heaven.

Ketchup has it's place. French fries.

Some people think they are better/smarter than others. Progressives want to tell others they can't have ketchup on their steak.

I find these claims to be contradictory. But maybe that's just me.

I wouldn't tell a guest what he could or could not put on his food. If he asked for ketchup at my house, I'd simply say: "Sorry, we're out." Next visit, he'd be getting spaghetti.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Salt and pepper and good heat. I'm not too unhappy if someone uses a dab of sauce on the side as long as they don't smother it. My brother finishes his steaks with butter and salt and that is pretty close to heaven.

Ketchup has it's place. French fries.

I wouldn't tell a guest what he could or could not put on his food. If he asked for ketchup at my house, I'd simply say: "Sorry, we're out." Next visit, he'd be getting spaghetti.

Can't go wrong with butter and salt.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Me allowing someone to do as they like and you making a deal about Trump liking ketchup on his steak.

You would lie to your friend. Why does that not supprise me?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Possibly a know it all but only God is omnipotent.

I do not understand why anyone would make a big deal about someone liking cetchup on well done steak. Oh ****, it is Trump. He is pure evil!

As for you Sir Kut, I really can not make you out sometimes. Occaisionally I believe you disagree just to make it interesting.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Sometimes,I just add salt and pepper.Sometimes I marinade in sauted onions , Worcestershire, garlic,and olive oil,and sometimes just Texjoy.Don't really eat Ketchup unless on fries.Kids like it on steak.Whatever.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't even like ketchup. On anything. But I'd put it on a well done steak just to **** off snobs.

Remember taking customers to Chanticlair's in Indy for dinner and having one of them ask for Stroh's beer in a can. THAT pissed off the snob waiter and almost got us thrown out for laughing.:):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Possibly a know it all but only God is omnipotent.

I do not understand why anyone would make a big deal about someone liking cetchup on well done steak. Oh ****, it is Trump. He is pure evil!

As for you Sir Kut, I really can not make you out sometimes. Occaisionally I believe you disagree just to make it interesting.

Generally, my stance is how I state it, but on occasion, when things seems to have too much consensus, I think it's practical to consider the other side of the equation. For instance, transexuals in the military. I have no problem telling you, that I disagree with it, but here everyone pretty much is likeminded with the issue. So, I'd at least like to give points not considered. I do that with everything I disagree with. I look for the reasoning why I might be wrong. I don't think very many people do that. They have their opinion, and refuse to consider anything not in line with it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As for me on moral issues I agree with God.

On Constitutional issues I agree with the Constitution.

On mattere whert the left hates someone I love them.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think it depends on the steak. If it's just some bull crap sirloin cover it in whatever. If it's a hand cut porter house. Ribeye, New York strip, T bone, ect. I take great care and attempt to grill it to your request. But once it hits your plate it's yours I do find ketchup hard to see on a good steak but I gave the steak to you.
    We being from Indiana seem to preference med to rare with salt and pepper. Other parts of the country have different tastes.
    Ask sombody from New England what "creek fries" are they will look at you puzzled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom