The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As much as I agree with you, I don't have much success having reasonable and thoughful discussions with liberals. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've really become a far-left crazy old redneck in my old age (if you knew my background you would honestly find that funny), but I find it almost impossible to have a reasonable discussion about anything to do with politics with a lefty these days. As reasonable as I might think I am, the other side invariably sees me as the extreme, even crazy, while the whole time I'm wondering how can they be so convinced of something so utterly absurd. They have become so extreme, it's just beyond reason to me.

I think sometimes our regulars to the political forums on INGO fall so far into the "reasonable discussion" mentality that they forget that the politics section is a subsection of a forum whose name and basis is Indiana Gun Owners. Not the opposite.

Lively discussion is fine. Treating the enemy as if their anti-gun supporting agenda is OK is NOT. :twocents:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So the party decides maybe they don't want an 'R' rated speaker since it's a family event and there'll be kids there. And then she responds with this...

“The party that tells women to sit down and shut up is not supposed to be the Democratic Party,” she said. “… I may not be refined, but I’m real. The polished turds that they continue to shove down our throats as politicians are still turds.”

...thus confirming their decision.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So the party decides maybe they don't want an 'R' rated speaker since it's a family event and there'll be kids there. And then she responds with this...

“The party that tells women to sit down and shut up is not supposed to be the Democratic Party,” she said. “… I may not be refined, but I’m real. The polished turds that they continue to shove down our throats as politicians are still turds.”

Sorta looks like the love child of Anne B. Davis and Carrot Top. The most profane thing I saw in that story was "sensible gun control". :puke:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    US-led strikes in Syria block IS militants evacuated from Lebanon - BBC News

Apparently, Hezbellah in Lebanon and the Syrian government agreed to safe passage of the remaining ISIS elements to evacuate to Iraq. US coalition forces did not agree, cratered the road and took out a bridge, stranding the ISIS convoy in no-man's-land. :yesway:

They cannot bomb the entire convoy since in addition to 300+ ISIS fighters, there are an equal number of non-combatants, likely family members, with them. If and when they see individual armed terrorists that they can target without endangering the civilians, they target the individuals. :yesway:

But, they are taking out the ISIS "rescue" parties coming from ISIS held territory in Iraq. :yesway:

There indeed is a new sheriff in town.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Whatever you think of her delivery, at least in this statement, she is spot on.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some people care about fashion. Some people care about thou shalt nots. **** that pop culture bull****. Wear what you want. Eat what you want. I don't really care for ketchup all that much, but if that rocks yer steak for you, go for it. Do what you want. Just don't harm people.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    In the off chance that you might be sincere....you're welcome.

GFGT is always sincere...

My daughter eats her steak that way (like Trump) as well....And ketchup goes on everything she eats...And I do mean everything...I tried breaking her of it to no avail...Even tried giving her medium well and she handed it back and said, "Go finish making it daddy..."

She is on the Autism Spectrum and I do know that does play into her taste buds a bit...The Doctor once said every one of her senses are on overload and it could be that her taste buds are as well...We theorized the "well done" and the "ketchup" is to try to tone down the taste and various flavors of the steak to make it more "uniform" tasting...

She can tell whether it's well done by sniffing it...

My wife will have a salad at 11 am, do the dishes, and spray Lysol...My daughter will come home from the YMCA at 6 pm, walk in the door and say, "Did you have salad Mom...I do not like salad..." She will not sit at the table while my wife has a salad...It's the smell of the dressing I think...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom