• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And which rights will Johnson take from you if he gets into office ?

Huh??? You lost me there...I was just trying to show another point of view regarding the Muslims refusing to bake a cake for Christians....I believe the Muslims should have that right due to the First Amendment....

Gary Johnson....Isn't he the Libertarian Establishment Candidate from four years ago?????

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    With the current two options... I would love to have a President Jeb.

There is a reason that moron never gained traction. If they were to go down that path I would hope they could find someone with a shred of sense, but I sure wouldn't count on it. No. Jeb may be marginally better than Hillary but that is about all I could say for him.

Is Nazi a religion now?

He differs from libertarians on this point but in the scheme of things it's a miniscule issue. How far is any candidate going to get trying to argue we should allow 'no blacks allowed' establishments back on the scene?

My guess is that most Jews would have a problem being forced to serve people who object to their being alive and breathing because they are Jews. My general point is that if Johnson is willing to go statist here, he is willing to go statist anywhere. Under these conditions (i.e., having a choice between three statists) I am going with the statist most closely aligned with my own views. At this point, Johnson can go home and smoke a blunt in my book.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sitting at hotel bar, group of guys here talking about election. Say they're Trump fans, but sound conceded to a loss... blaming trump's big mouth.

Might only be the second in-person acknowledgement ive heard of trump's masochistic ways being the cause of his loss.

Also, only I'll find this amusing... the outspoken one here speaks loudly, with a Jersey feel to it... yet very hoity-toity.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sitting at hotel bar, group of guys here talking about election. Say they're Trump fans, but sound conceded to a loss... blaming trump's big mouth.

Might only be the second in-person acknowledgement ive heard of trump's masochistic ways being the cause of his loss.

I still see him winning by 5 points......

I get guys coming in the shop saying the same thing (you heard at the hotel bar)....The media are doing a great job of convincing folks it's over...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is a reason that moron never gained traction. If they were to go down that path I would hope they could find someone with a shred of sense, but I sure wouldn't count on it. No. Jeb may be marginally better than Hillary but that is about all I could say for him.

My guess is that most Jews would have a problem being forced to serve people who object to their being alive and breathing because they are Jews. My general point is that if Johnson is willing to go statist here, he is willing to go statist anywhere. Under these conditions (i.e., having a choice between three statists) I am going with the statist most closely aligned with my own views. At this point, Johnson can go home and smoke a blunt in my book.

Do you remain ideologically consistent in all BS hypotheticals or is this one just your libertarian sticking point?

If Trump said southern establishments could bring back 'no blacks allowed' you'd support that?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do you remain ideologically consistent in all BS hypotheticals or is this one just your libertarian sticking point?

If Trump said southern establishments could bring back 'no blacks allowed' you'd support that?

That would probably be the point where I stay home.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Don't bigots and racists have rights too? If it is foolish to attempt to legislate morality in certain respects, why do it in this one?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No...he's a continuation of the status quo (in my opinion).

If your contention is that he isn't pure enough then I can understand that. Id still say he's a move in the right direction ( unless you're a religious baker who picks and chooses bible verses)
    I don't want to hear from anyone that Johnson's not ideological enough so they're voting for Trump.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If your contention is that he isn't pure enough then I can understand that. Id still say he's a move in the right direction ( unless you're a religious baker who picks and chooses bible verses)
    I don't want to hear from anyone that Johnson's not ideological enough so they're voting for Trump.

You'll never hear me say that.
    I don't pick and choose bible verses either...They all apply.
    I don't even need purity. I would have supported Petersen, even with his immaturity, because even though he wasn't a believer and I disagreed with him on certain things, he would have been an acceptable candidate to get my vote.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You do of course realize that the House of Representatives could put me in office if they so chose, with no requirement for any consent from the voting citizens?

My guess is that if this happens, we will get Jeb shoved up our asses.

No worries there. If it comes to that it'll be Ryan. Trump pulled Jeb!'s pants down in debate after debate. He probably managed to turn the GOPe against Bush.

Is Nazi a religion now?

He differs from libertarians on this point but in the scheme of things it's a miniscule issue. How far is any candidate going to get trying to argue we should allow 'no blacks allowed' establishments back on the scene?

Why? Is gay a religion now?

Frankly, I can't stand Johnson as a person. I think he's an elitist dick. And as a libertarian, he makes a good progressive. No thanks. And why does Johnson think the government should decide who is picking and choosing Bible verses? People's right to believe what they want should only be limited at the point where they infringe on someone else's rights. People don't have the right to be served. They don't have a right to people's labor.

You'll never hear me say that.
    I don't pick and choose bible verses either...They all apply.
    I don't even need purity. I would have supported Petersen, even with his immaturity, because even though he wasn't a believer and I disagreed with him on certain things, he would have been an acceptable candidate to get my vote.

If the LP chose Peterson I'd probably be voting Libertarian this election.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Frankly, I can't stand Johnson as a person. I think he's an elitist dick. And as a libertarian, he makes a good progressive. No thanks. And why does Johnson think the government should decide who is picking and choosing Bible verses? People's right to believe what they want should only be limited at the point where they infringe on someone else's rights. People don't have the right to be served. They don't have a right to people's labor.

I think Petersen would be making this case, if he were running...rather than bragging how he's 78% in agreement with Bernie Sanders.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Trump pulls out, there's no way in hell the Democrats will be denied the WH. And I personally am now convinced that Trump never wanted to win in the first place. If that's true, that doesn't paint a very good picture of his supporters. History will look back on them as being either naïve, or outright foolish.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Trump pulls out, there's no way in hell the Democrats will be denied the WH. And I personally am now convinced that Trump never wanted to win in the first place. If that's true, that doesn't paint a very good picture of his supporters. History will look back on them as being either naïve, or outright foolish.

I think "smitten" is a better word to describe it.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Didn't CATO come out in support of TPP because on balance it liberalizes trade. Where are your rights infringements in TPP which are worse than the status quo?

Just search "TPP First amendment", tons of information on how the TPP infringes on our rights, and increases the size and power of government.

Doesn't sound very libertarian to me.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just search "TPP First amendment", tons of information on how the TPP infringes on our rights, and increases the size and power of government.

Doesn't sound very libertarian to me.

I googled it and came up with nothing, humor me will you?

The government already has all the size and power over trade, I gather the TPP is just, on balance, lowering trade barriers within a trade system already ruled by crony capitalists.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I googled it and came up with nothing, humor me will you?

The government already has all the size and power over trade, I gather the TPP is just, on balance, lowering trade barriers within a trade system already ruled by crony capitalists.

Here for example.

https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp

Plus it erodes our sovereignty.

Fast Track/TPP: The Death of National Sovereignty, State Sovereignty, Separation of Powers, and Democracy | naked capitalism

And it's secret, only brought to light by wikileaks, nothing good comes from secret deals between world governments, and mega corporations.

CATO? You mean the foundation formerly known as the Charles Koch Foundation?
    No globalist ties there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom