The 2011 Super Bowl Champs Are Warming Up.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    There is no doubt the Pats are the better team, but you have to give the Jets their due. What an amazing turn around from the last game. I really expected it to turn out like the last game with all the trash talk by the Jets. Now that the Colts and Pats are out, I don't really have anyone to yell for or against.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, you Pats fans can always watch re-runs of the Brady Bunch.
    If the Colts can't, I sure as hell don't want the Pats to. I just love the emotion that Rex Ryan shows, maybe Coach Caldwell could take a page out of his book.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why does it always have to be someone playing bad? Can't anyone ever play exceptionally well?

I'd say it's a combination of both. Look how the Jets barely squeaked by the Colts last week. Do you think the 2010 Pats were the same or lesser caliber than the 2010 Colts and Jets? I think the Colts can be much prouder of their loss last week than the Pats can be tonight.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I can be proud of a team that gives it their all and loses. I can't be proud of a team that doesn't live up to their potential. The Pats did the latter tonight.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wow...wasn't expecting that outcome at all. Not sure if the Jets are better than everyone thought, or if they've caught 2 good teams on bad days 2 weeks in a row.

The Jets D has been impressive though. Should make for a good AFC title game against the Steelers.

Looks like this year's Superbowl is going to be played between two out-door teams this year, which is something given the recent successes of the "dome" teams.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Early in the 4th Quarter, the patriots are down by 10. They are on the 30 yard line or so on offense. They are in a 4th and 13 position and they throw a pass and miss -- instead of kicking a FG and putting sure points on the board that they severely need.

There are times to go for it on 4th down, but that wasn't one of them. Reminded me of a Belichic flop call a year or 2 ago where he blew a lead to the Colts. It was in the final quarter, the Pats unnecessarily tried to convert a 4th down instead of punting, but failed and gave Indy the ball at midfield. Indy took the lead and the win. Bellichic makes me wonder sometimes with his play calls.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Early in the 4th Quarter, the patriots are down by 10. They are on the 30 yard line or so on offense. They are in a 4th and 13 position and they throw a pass and miss -- instead of kicking a FG and putting sure points on the board that they severely need.

There are times to go for it on 4th down, but that wasn't one of them. Reminded me of a Belichic flop call a year or 2 ago where he blew a lead to the Colts. It was in the final quarter, the Pats unnecessarily tried to convert a 4th down instead of punting, but failed and gave Indy the ball at midfield. Indy took the lead and the win. Bellichic makes me wonder sometimes with his play calls.

Add in terrible clock management in the last 10 minutes or so by the Pats. Add in Wilfork begging to get a personal foul to extend a drive. Going for it on 4th and 13 when in field goal range was completely idiotic. It didn't appear to me that the Pats were the least bit interested in winning this game.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Do you guys realize that New England's field goal kicker(Shane Graham) has only hit 2 field goals over 50 yards his entire career and on that 4th and 13, that would have tied his career long, but outdoors and windy?

Do a bit of research before discrediting arguably the best football coach of all time. His risky decisions have won him a super bowl or 3...Not to mention his success as a defensive coordinator.

How many super bowl wins did Bill Parcells have after Belichick left his side?

BTW, if NE picks up that 4th and 1 against the Colts, the game is over; if they punt, there is a good chance the Colts will still drive down and score...If you didn't watch that entire second half destruction of the NE defense, I forgive you for that comment.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd say picking up 4th and 13 was as likely as a career long field goal. Especially the way the receivers had been dropping balls all night long. The first few drives, the Pats were able to move the ball pretty well. Then Brady through the interception. Anyone have a clue as to who the intended receiver was on that one?

A team can certainly walk off the field with pride when they lose provided they left everything they had on the field. But not when you take most of it back to the locker room.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    On that 4th and 13, he was open and Brady threw an on-target pass...I'd say the chance of Branch(I believe) dropping that ball was far less likely than Graham hitting a career long FG.

I don't get it...Do you think NE lost that game on purpose? The Jets were the better team tonight. End of story.

Top Bottom