• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    It will COST money, not save it. The US Gov hires contracts to do most of the actual work anymore. All those contracts will be stopped and the Gov will pay penalties for not honoring the contracts. Those penalties will add up to far more than any savings on salary paid to the 800,000 federal employees being laid off. Those getting laid off are the ones making $30K per year, not six figures......

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Crane is working.....50 cal runnin' right now.......have burn't about 1k in the past couple min's......plenty of money and worker's today anyway.....

Obamacare is more of the Gov craming things down our necks!!!

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    I see this going two ways, We start down the road of being an anarchist state or the same situation as the summer furlough's but magnified slightly. Not sure which will have more power, the sheeple or the pissed off people not getting thier dues

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Hoosier National Forest, and Lincoln Boyhood Home NP are closing Except for law enforcement and a few key personnel.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You don't understand what the "debt limit" is. It's an artificial meaningless metric that should be abolished altogether.

The ACA is already law, has been for a couple of years.
    SCOTUS has ruled that it is constitutional.
    Obama was voted back in by a good margin with the ACA.
    Follow the laws, check.
    Will of the people, check.

Which is it? I'm confused. The Debt Ceilings are laws too.

BTW:
    1: SCOTUS has ruled on the Individual Mandate, not the entire ACA. There are still many challenges working their way through the courts.
    2: A Republican Majority was also re-elected in 2012. Mostly on the platform of repealing Obamacare.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    @ churchmouse, For people like you and your wife who paid into it I believe you are definitely entitled to what you paid for. My comment was referring the the baby mamas and worthless others who didn't earn anything but were raised in a culture of take from the working man. They'd be the rioting ones and so they are appeased.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    For once I will just sit back and read everyone's comments, this will be fun, liberals vs conservatives.

:popcorn: :boxing: :coffee:

Last edited:

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I remember the government shut down in the 1990's. My wife and I went on a backpacking trip in Great Smokies. It was great, since most thought the park was closed, we didn't see a single other person the whole time we your out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    @ churchmouse, For people like you and your wife who paid into it I believe you are definitely entitled to what you paid for. My comment was referring the the baby mamas and worthless others who didn't earn anything but were raised in a culture of take from the working man. They'd be the rioting ones and so they are appeased.

I agree. Those numbers are swelling not diminishing.

My post was how we see this political insanity.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Got to be careful what you say, since most everyone is on welfare, in the form of SSI, these days. My cousin was on disability for alcoholism. I mean my wife and travel all over the country since we are full time RV'ers and we can't believe who many are on disability. Sometimes it's the campfire discussion topic.. How to get on SSI

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got to be careful what you say, since most everyone is on welfare, in the form of SSI, these days. My cousin was on disability for alcoholism. I mean my wife and travel all over the country since we are full time RV'ers and we can't believe who many are on disability. Sometimes it's the campfire discussion topic.. How to get on SSI

My wife and I know several folks on the program. About half of them are deserving of the benefits....the rest are just lazy ****s running a scam. We do not socialize or even respond to those plying the system.
    We have considered dropping dime on them but to what end. There seems to be little if any over site in the system.

It took my wife 2 years of struggle to get her SS. She has a paper trail miles long proving her medical issues. She is still struggling. We are going to get her scanned today in search of the reason she is having so much pain. Those who need/deserve it have to fight. Those who scam seem to fall right in.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Well, I can see this is going to be a hot topic,

My wife is on SS disability. She was no free loader and paid massive taxes for what seemed forever. She earned any benefits she is receiving. We do not fully rely on that revenue to live but it sure offsets a lot.
    I just recently started drawing the SS retirement benefit that I have paid into my whole working life. 50 years worth. We have other retirement revenue streams but both of us feel we worked and paid for the SS so we do expect it. Not an entitlement but a pay back. They used and abused our taxes and now we get to use them. How should we and so many others in this position feel about this.

Welfare riots are a given at some point. I see this in our future regardless. Not being right on top of this are the Military and other Gov. employees screwed as well.
    With 47% on the doll that is a hellish big club to swing.

Unfortunately your money was spent a long, long time ago to pay for other people's crap. The money you're being paid is the SS money from, say, my parent's generation and mine at this point. Snake eating its own tail and all that. I hope your wife can get the care she needs: I just wish you could pay for it with the money you earned and invested instead of checks with other people's money being paid back to you without any interest whatsoever!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    obama care was forced on the American people by the democrats and that's why so many lost their jobs. Obamacare was never the will of the people. The scotia ruling itself is as big of a scandal as Benghazi. It's not constitutional. I believe the Chief Justice was blackmailed to boot.
    Obama was elected by a lot of fake voters and dead ones too. Also he lied and covers up key events leading up to the election. Not the will of the people. And he's not even a natural born citizen .
    Come see me in a few years when your beloved imposter president is facing criminal charges for being the biggest traitor this country has ever had.

i smell something coming from under the bridge.

Do you have any evidence to back up the Chief Justice blackmail and massive voter fraud claims? I'd be curious to see it.

I'm by no means an Obama supporter, but it sounds like you're pulling stuff out off your backside on this one.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yea, Churchmouse, The program was first designed for people who were truly physically disabled (no arms no legs, bedridden ...) but after the welfare reform act in the 1990's the Libs had to find a new way to keep people feeding on the government tit. So SSI became more and more liberal. These people aren't running a scam they just know the law. Now days the best way to get it is to claim you have fibromyalgia, sense there is no clinical test for it. Or just claim chronic back pain (which my wife has, but she is not disabled). In some states alcoholism, and drug addition qualifies. My cousin did not qualify in In, but in Mich. he did.

Top Bottom