• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So has moochelles next vacation been put on hold or is that an essential govt service?
    i wonder what VA services I'm gonna lose now? Cause you know bad **** never affect the people at the top, only is at the bottom.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would hope you have seen from history that shutdowns happen and you have some extra money saved to get you through, the same as we privately employed people save up a months pay for a sudden lay-off or job loss. However, you will get paid eventually, we would not get back pay if we where laid off.
    This is not necessarily the case. IF someone has to report for work without being paid, then yes, they will probably be paid eventually. Those that are told to stay home (without pay) most likely will not. Having just gone through a furlough due to sequestration, I know this to be the case. At any rate, you can bet your bottom dollar that those in charge of this debacle will not see their pay affected.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    This has larger consequences then some bull**** idea of "cost savings". If you really believe that, then you have zero idea of what all of this means. There's another fight brewing and chances are they'll just get an extension until THAT fight next month. We'll shut down again, except this time it'll be over the debt ceiling.

What you'll end up with is the American bonds tanking in classification. America has always paid her debt payments on time. This kind of **** stops some of those payments and can anyone tell me what happens to people when they don't pay their bills? That's right, your credit score starts dropping.

America's credit score now gets to be on the chopping block and if it gets nixed you can bet your sweet asses that the value of the dollar will plummet and if our bonds get rated down it'll be a hard, hard hit to the economy. It'll set us back 5-6 years and possibly dig us in deeper then we were.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I dont care. If we perpetually have to keep raising the det limit we have a problem. Our fiscal problem now as it stands is unsustainable.

Perhaps its time we reorganize under chapter 13 for countries.... Iceland did it and they are still around.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This has larger consequences then some bull**** idea of "cost savings". If you really believe that, then you have zero idea of what all of this means. There's another fight brewing and chances are they'll just get an extension until THAT fight next month. We'll shut down again, except this time it'll be over the debt ceiling.

What you'll end up with is the American bonds tanking in classification. America has always paid her debt payments on time. This kind of **** stops some of those payments and can anyone tell me what happens to people when they don't pay their bills? That's right, your credit score starts dropping.

America's credit score now gets to be on the chopping block and if it gets nixed you can bet your sweet asses that the value of the dollar will plummet and if our bonds get rated down it'll be a hard, hard hit to the economy. It'll set us back 5-6 years and possibly dig us in deeper then we were.

A Govt shut down is the least of worries to the creditors. They know they will be paid. What the international money markets are reading is fiscal incompetency of the recent past and present Fed Givt. Spending is out of control and would still be even if the Senate had accepted the 'Everything except Obamacare' CSR. The Fed is monetizing $85B a month, Fiat money just printed into existence. How do you think that is effecting the value of the dollar?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I call 'Fear Tactics'!
    All that happens is a benign reasoning that will get the American people more at arms with each-other.
    Lest we forget, the point of EVERYTHING that is told and understood by the American people is merely a tool of distraction from the very real fact that 'they' are trying to topple the actual Government of the United States. US!

Look intently at the way we topple governments around the world. We point fingers without proof, and then we fund both sides to go at each other to one end, a separation of power.
    Then they swoop in to be the savior.

So fear not .gov workers, because 'Patriot Act' didn't mean good things for the Patriot. 'Affordable Care' didn't mean Affordable. And 'government shutdown' definitely doesn't mean that the most intrusive, bought off, blatantly unaccountable, and biased .gov in the history of the world will actually shut down. You'll still have your job making it harder and somewhat impossible for actual citizens to regain real momentum in any self motivating or self empowering light.

Cannot we see!? Self preservation is only detrimental to one thing.... Control.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I was told few months ago that the Sequestration would have killed millions of poor people. oh well.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    I dont care. If we perpetually have to keep raising the det limit we have a problem. Our fiscal problem now as it stands is unsustainable.

You don't understand what the "debt limit" is. It's an artificial meaningless metric that should be abolished altogether.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    I do feel for the real live Americans who are affected personally by our governments failure to do their dam jobs and follow the laws and will of the people. Their all dirty but especially those damn dirty democrat rats.

The ACA is already law, has been for a couple of years.
    SCOTUS has ruled that it is constitutional.
    Obama was voted back in by a good margin with the ACA.
    Follow the laws, check.
    Will of the people, check.

If only we could stop the welfare checks just for one month. They'd have riots in the streets in every city in America.

Because 47% of the country is on welfare, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The ACA is already law, has been for a couple of years.
    SCOTUS has ruled that it is constitutional.
    Obama was voted back in by a good margin with the ACA.
    Follow the laws, check.
    Will of the people, check.

Because 47% of the country is on welfare, right?
    obama care was forced on the American people by the democrats and that's why so many lost their jobs. Obamacare was never the will of the people. The scotia ruling itself is as big of a scandal as Benghazi. It's not constitutional. I believe the Chief Justice was blackmailed to boot.
    Obama was elected by a lot of fake voters and dead ones too. Also he lied and covers up key events leading up to the election. Not the will of the people. And he's not even a natural born citizen .
    Come see me in a few years when your beloved imposter president is facing criminal charges for being the biggest traitor this country has ever had.

i smell something coming from under the bridge.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I can see this is going to be a hot topic,

My wife is on SS disability. She was no free loader and paid massive taxes for what seemed forever. She earned any benefits she is receiving. We do not fully rely on that revenue to live but it sure offsets a lot.
    I just recently started drawing the SS retirement benefit that I have paid into my whole working life. 50 years worth. We have other retirement revenue streams but both of us feel we worked and paid for the SS so we do expect it. Not an entitlement but a pay back. They used and abused our taxes and now we get to use them. How should we and so many others in this position feel about this.

Welfare riots are a given at some point. I see this in our future regardless. Not being right on top of this are the Military and other Gov. employees screwed as well.
    With 47% on the doll that is a hellish big club to swing.

Top Bottom