• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I realized I was old when I was cussing my neighbor's kid for booming bass in his driveway @ 2am.

Yesterday there were some kids around here doing that. It was daytime but it went on long enough to become very annoying. I found a spot in my yard to stand where I could see them and they could see me. I just stood there with my arms crossed staring at them, nothing more. It took them a bit to notice me. When they did they just kept looking at me kinda nervously. I just continued standing there. I could see them talking to each other about me but couldn't hear anything. After a minute or two they turned the noise off (I won't call it music). I still continued to stand and stare. I could tell they were getting annoyed at me so I kept it up for a bit longer. They seemed to be wondering what they were supposed to do. I slipped away when they weren't looking. I never heard the noise again for the rest of the day. I'm sure they'll get over it and do it again eventually though. My wife asked me why I didn't just say something to them. I told her I'm pretty sure I did. :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yesterday there were some kids around here doing that. It was daytime but it went on long enough to become very annoying. I found a spot in my yard to stand where I could see them and they could see me. I just stood there with my arms crossed staring at them, nothing more. It took them a bit to notice me. When they did they just kept looking at me kinda nervously. I just continued standing there. I could see them talking to each other about me but couldn't hear anything. After a minute or two they turned the noise off (I won't call it music). I still continued to stand and stare. I could tell they were getting annoyed at me so I kept it up for a bit longer. They seemed to be wondering what they were supposed to do. I slipped away when they weren't looking. I never heard the noise again for the rest of the day. I'm sure they'll get over it and do it again eventually though. My wife asked me why I didn't just say something to them. I told her I'm pretty sure I did. :)

I doubt they'd notice me standing in my yard at 2am. lol

Fortunately we also have a neighbor who is a meddling ***** (she's nice to us because she likes to talk flowers/gardening with my wife) who LOVES to call the police. Anytime something annoys me noise wise, I can just assume she's already called. Sure enough, about 90% of the time she has and a squad car rolls up and handles it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    A few years ago, the same neighbor kids and their friends started playing this game where they would act like the were going to run out in front of cars (we live on a pretty busy road). When the drivers would swerve or lock their brakes, the kids would all find it hilarious until one of those "swerving SUV's" lit up with red and blue lights and they and their parents all got a good talking to... The laughing stopped pretty quick and that game was never played again.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I'm a photographer for a major wire service, I started feeling old when I starting shooting the sons of people I shot when I was in college. I'm getting to close to shooting their grand kids.

It it hit me a couple of years ago , standing on the sideline next to the Broncos bench I see a guy practicing his long snap...Travis Tripucka, I ask him your dad Kelly? Yep. I say, I shot your dad at Notre Dame, hi replies, "yes sir, that was my day".

Damn, I getting old!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yeah, the old invisible rope trick is just as stupid but I gotta admit its funny as hell. Guess I'm not too old yet.

I had to google it, that's not what these kids were doing. The neighbor kids were pretending to jump in traffic, there was nothing funny about it. They almost caused a couple head on collisions when cars swerved to avoid hitting them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what laser sights are for. :whistle:

I was woke up at 3:00 A.M. to shouting and swearing. Neighbors dogs going crazy. Went out back and 2 of the more idiotic neighbors (man/woman) were in the middle of the street behind us going at it verbally, top of their lungs. She was screaming at him to stay and he said he was leaving. I lit them up with the streamlite on my nightstand piece and when they looked I screamed at them.....either let him the **** go or shut the **** up and go inside. They shut up and went inside. I posted about that about 3:30 or so this morning. Never saw a radio car.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So just a few minutes ago, I watched two teenagers walk by my house drinking a bottle of water, and they tossed it in the vacant lot across the street and kept walking. So I ambled over, picked up the bottle, and with the heaviest sarcasm I could lay on said "Don't worry guys, I'll pick up your trash. Seems you're not going to." What was their reply? "I don't give a f*uck." I told them that some people in the neighborhood tend to care about things, got the same response, and then asked them if they talk to their mother with that mouth. As they walked away, I caught myself muttering "Damn kids."

I'm now officially a geezer.

BTW, there isn't anyone heading up the crime watch committee in my 'hood. Anyone done it before? Anyone think I should take it on?

Picking up the trash is a good idea but you should have kept your mouth shut. You have ****** off 2 kids who obviously have no upbringing and they know where you live. It wasn't worth it. No, you're not yet a "geezer." When you get there, you will know to keep your comments to yourself.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    It still hasn't hit me that I'm getting old. Little slower getting out of bed, a few more aches and pains, cholesterol medication, glasses are needed from time to time, and I drive a little slower. But I still have the maturity of a 15 year old.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Picking up the trash is a good idea but you should have kept your mouth shut. You have ****** off 2 kids who obviously have no upbringing and they know where you live. It wasn't worth it. No, you're not yet a "geezer." When you get there, you will know to keep your comments to yourself.

A couple of weeks ago I told a neighborhood kid not to mess with other people's stuff after I found him snooping around on my porch. The next day someone threw a brick through my dining room window.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    A couple of weeks ago I told a neighborhood kid not to mess with other people's stuff after I found him snooping around on my porch. The next day someone threw a brick through my dining room window.

Know where he lives? Two can play that game.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Very true.

Everyone (hopefully) has a point in there lives when they realize they aren't the center of the universe and their actions actually have an effect on other peoples lives. I still know people my age that haven't had that epiphany yet.

Sometimes wisdom comes with age. . . . Sometimes age comes all by itself, sad as it is.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    My sons friends started saying ewww you're old, whenever they would see me.... He is 3 and I am 24. My sister also asked me what a cassette was the other day.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about

So I'm just supposed to let things go? Like littering and things that bring down my property values? No thanks. Sometimes something has to be said.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have been feeling old for a while now. I think the feeling started with knee and back issues. I have also got onto to teens for cursing at the park when my kids were younger.

Top Bottom