• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I've always been old fashioned for my age. I grew up listening to classic rock, going to concerts (Rush, The Who, etc). I always dressed nice, got right into corporate work out of college, had a "professional" demeanor. So it's hard to have a "Geez, I'm old" moment that really stands out... but here are a couple:

A few weeks ago, when a co-worker younger than me called me "Sir". I know it's a polite and respectful honorific, but the connotation these days gives it an "elder" feel.

Also, when the girls at Starbucks stopped hitting on me. I felt old.

And I'm only 27.

-_-

Wait till you hit 60 to feel old and have Jedi always reminding you about it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I started feeling older about a year or so ago. Playing softball on the company league and was complimented on my hitting. "you older guys are good at placing the ball." WTF? Then I realized I was 10 years old than him. When did that happen. When did 1994 turn 20 years old?

I also noticed that I can't outrun ground balls, and I can't chase down flies in the outfield like I used to. After that I also noticed it took another second or two for me to straighten up when I bent down to get something. I'm also getting fat.

So, I've started exercising more and eating salads. My legs feel better, but I've still got a gut.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I started feeling older about a year or so ago. Playing softball on the company league and was complimented on my hitting. "you older guys are good at placing the ball." WTF? Then I realized I was 10 years old than him. When did that happen. When did 1994 turn 20 years old?

I also noticed that I can't outrun ground balls, and I can't chase down flies in the outfield like I used to. After that I also noticed it took another second or two for me to straighten up when I bent down to get something. I'm also getting fat.

So, I've started exercising more and eating salads. My legs feel better, but I've still got a gut.

Middle age spread.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    "Dad - Who's Elvis?"

1500131.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope. But we've discussed before it's nice to have a light not attached to your gun so you're not sweeping people as you illuminate them.

this was a 2009 thread, long before my time so it must come up from time to time

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/22274-house-gun-mounting-laser-flashlight.html

I have looked into a good solid high Lumen light for this reason but with some of the events we have dealt with in the area recently It really did not bother me but I did think about it after.
    I see your point.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Just have to let the flies come to you... ;)

Which reminds me of a joke...

A young bull and an old bull were standing on a hill looking down on the pasture at all the cows grazing below. The young bull says to the old bull, "Hey, let's run down there and make love to one of those cows!" The old bull turns to the younger one and says, "Let's just walk down there and make love to 'em all."

(Okay, I cleaned that up a little. :):)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The day I heard Billy Joel's, Only the Good Die Young, on the oldies station.:(

I always hated that song. But that made me REALLY hate it.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I knew I was getting old when I started to regret all the bad things I did to my body when I was younger that I am paying for now. That particularly applies to all the time I spent working on my knees without using knee pads, and all the heavy things I lifted lifted when I was too macho to ask for help.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So just a few minutes ago, I watched two teenagers walk by my house drinking a bottle of water, and they tossed it in the vacant lot across the street and kept walking. So I ambled over, picked up the bottle, and with the heaviest sarcasm I could lay on said "Don't worry guys, I'll pick up your trash. Seems you're not going to." What was their reply? "I don't give a f*uck." I told them that some people in the neighborhood tend to care about things, got the same response, and then asked them if they talk to their mother with that mouth. As they walked away, I caught myself muttering "Damn kids."

I'm now officially a geezer.

BTW, there isn't anyone heading up the crime watch committee in my 'hood. Anyone done it before? Anyone think I should take it on?

You should just run up to them acting like you are concerned for their welfare and say, here, you dropped something.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I just realized I owned the original MC Hammer cassette tape... The one with Can't Touch This...:ugh: I think it really hit me the day I saw a guy driving a lowered dually and I thought to myself how stupid, you just ruined that $50,000 truck!:ugh::ugh:

Top Bottom