That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Who needs TV, I've got INGO. Most days, there's more drama here than, "The young and restless". The regulars ALWAYS, play their scripted parts.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Samantha Bee?
    I've never heard of her but after listening to you guys here, she sounds like a real c***.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Having thusly visited th afore-mentioned Wild Turkry, I'll call to your attencian my post count, which is nw very biggly; the turkey doth speakith

quite bigly, agreed!

Now that you've dinged 100... you should be able to see the black market high-capacity clip full-auto assault weapon listings in the classifieds!

I think 150 unlocks SBR, 200 is SBS, 250 is G18s, and 300 is something about incendiary ammo.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Joss Whedon:

Ivanka legitimized trump by being pretty & seeming sane, & libs created a (kinda sexist) Rapunzel narrative that she was ‘trapped’. She’s from a crime family, she married into a crime family, she’s a grown up. She will do as much damage as she can get away with. Sam was too kind.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    quite bigly, agreed!

Now that you've dinged 100... you should be able to see the black market high-capacity clip full-auto assault weapon listings in the classifieds!

I think 150 unlocks SBR, 200 is SBS, 250 is G18s, and 300 is something about incendiary ammo.

500 and you're in shoulder-thingy territory.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Joss Whedon:

Legitimized?

Seems like being elected legitimizes him. Not liking Trump doesn't deligitimize him. If he wasn't legitimate, he'd not be in office. If democrats want a better president, DON'T RUN A ****ING CRIMINAL and maybe America will elect him/her!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Legitimized?

Seems like being elected legitimizes him. Not liking Trump doesn't deligitimize him. If he wasn't legitimate, he'd not be in office. If democrats want a better president, DON'T RUN A ****ING CRIMINAL and maybe America will elect him/her!

I'm fairly confident "legitimized" is being used in the sense of accepting of behavior. Kim Jong Un, is the legitimate leader of North Korea, when people are talking about "legitimizing" him, they mean accepting pf the regime on the world stage.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm fairly confident "legitimized" is being used in the sense of accepting of behavior. Kim Jong Un, is the legitimate leader of North Korea, when people are talking about "legitimizing" him, they mean accepting pf the regime on the world stage.

In the context, don't you think Trump's non-legitimacy is a little overblown? Crime family? :rolleyes:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Yet Samantha Bee can refer to Trump’s daughter as a “feckless c*nt” in her Wednesday night monologue. ABC execs gave Bee a verbal chastising and Bee gave a half hearted apology despite having posted the show’s excerpt on her twitter feed this morning. No sponsors fled from the show either.

Did a hue and cry go out from the liberals for Bee to lose her show and be eternally banned from public airwaves ? Of course not ! Double standard ? I think so.

Want some further talking points ? Do some research on Keith Olberman.

I still contend Barr, although stupid and insensitive, should not have been pigeon holed as having made a racist statement.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think people are burying the lede on this.

What percentage of Americans actually know what "feckless" means? WAY more people know the "c" word.

And yeah, I think some care needs to be taken in terms of equating people who say offensive words. POTUS can use ... colorful... language, too.

Make no mistake: if I were the boss of the "c" word lady, I'd fire her. That's not appropriate in any business setting. But there's a difference IMHO to using offensive language and revealing offensive character. Roseanne is in the latter. I'm not sure about the "c" word lady's character.

Um, someone who doesn't give a feck?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    In-group fighting/insults is never looked at the same way as out-of-group fighting/insults.

As an example, imagine a professional baseball game. If two players on the same team fight, the other team stays out of it. Their own team will either let them fight or break it up, but they most likely won't join in and make it a general melee. Fighting within the same group is a fight between INDIVIDUALS and treated as such. Now, same scenario but the players on are different teams. Even if the exact same thing caused the fight, now the benches are cleared because two people fighting is suddenly a fight between GROUPS.

Barr's problem is no matter how you look at it, it was an out-of-group fight. Particularly with the racist overtones, it became a group fight and those hosting her show had no intention of clearing the benches with her.

Samantha's slur is a woman using a slur against women to "fight" another woman. Those who view it through that lens will see it as an in-group fight, thus between individuals, and see no hypocrisy in Roseanne being treated more severely. Being crude and hateful toward an individual is a lesser offense than being crude and hateful toward an entire group, so the social punishment is less (particularly if you can justify the victim "deserving" it). Those who view it as a political attack will view it as an out-of-group "fight" and see no difference, they're still ready to clear the benches. If Roseanne was black, I think the response (if any) to her tweet would have been much more subdued. And if Samantha were a man, a harsher response to her skit/speech/whatever. As it stands, Roseanne is stuck with an out-of-group and Bee has people in the debate with both perspectives. People will see a legitimate difference or a contrived one based on which perspective they have.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yet Samantha Bee can refer to Trump’s daughter as a “feckless c*nt” in her Wednesday night monologue. ABC execs gave Bee a verbal chastising and Bee gave a half hearted apology despite having posted the show’s excerpt on her twitter feed this morning. No sponsors fled from the show either.

Did a hue and cry go out from the liberals for Bee to lose her show and be eternally banned from public airwaves ? Of course not ! Double standard ? I think so.

Want some further talking points ? Do some research on Keith Olberman.

I still contend Barr, although stupid and insensitive, should not have been pigeon holed as having made a racist statement.

Yeah, those monologues are written, reviewed, edited, and typed into teleprompters. She read that line. It was 100% intentional. No one in the whole line of people thought enough to stop it.

yet Rosanne does a spontaneous post at 2am and she’s evil. Samantha bee did this with intentional forethought and malice. If she says this intentionally on her show, imagine how far she goes in the recesses of her mind or in private conversation

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In-group fighting/insults is never looked at the same way as out-of-group fighting/insults.

As an example, imagine a professional baseball game. If two players on the same team fight, the other team stays out of it. Their own team will either let them fight or break it up, but they most likely won't join in and make it a general melee. Fighting within the same group is a fight between INDIVIDUALS and treated as such. Now, same scenario but the players on are different teams. Even if the exact same thing caused the fight, now the benches are cleared because two people fighting is suddenly a fight between GROUPS.

Barr's problem is no matter how you look at it, it was an out-of-group fight. Particularly with the racist overtones, it became a group fight and those hosting her show had no intention of clearing the benches with her.

Samantha's slur is a woman using a slur against women to "fight" another woman. Those who view it through that lens will see it as an in-group fight, thus between individuals, and see no hypocrisy in Roseanne being treated more severely. Being crude and hateful toward an individual is a lesser offense than being crude and hateful toward an entire group, so the social punishment is less (particularly if you can justify the victim "deserving" it). Those who view it as a political attack will view it as an out-of-group "fight" and see no difference, they're still ready to clear the benches. If Roseanne was black, I think the response (if any) to her tweet would have been much more subdued. And if Samantha were a man, a harsher response to her skit/speech/whatever. As it stands, Roseanne is stuck with an out-of-group and Bee has people in the debate with both perspectives. People will see a legitimate difference or a contrived one based on which perspective they have.

And in this case, probably one of the best examples of the pot calling the kettle black...

Top Bottom