• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, I work at a LOCAL, Nationwide chain of Auto Parts Store, and today, my boss, store mgr. spent the bette part of an hour on a Nationwide conference call. The news he gave us, was a shock, to say the least..... We are going to be limited to 5 Full-Time people per store. WHY, the Company, doesn't want to pay for, OBAMACARE..... As of Jan. 1, 2013, ALL Full-Time employees, will BE REQUIRED to have INSURANCE !!!!! So the rest of us, are LIMITED to 25 hours per WEEK !!!!! Any more than 30, and you are required to pay for Ins. If you do not select, the company selects for YOU !!!!! So, how many part-time jobs, is one to hold ..... Also, on another NOTE, my Mgr. said he was watching CBS news, this morning, and there are SUPPOSED to be ONE and a HALF MILLION layoffs, as of Jan. 1 2013..... Anybody see any of this... or have a similar experience at work ????? Also, he has to adjust the sch., starting NEXT WEEK... NOT Jan. 1 ..... :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So, they are changing you from full-tim to part-time? How many other full-time workers are having their status changed to get to the five full-time workers?

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I truly wish you and many others the best with the changes to come. I am fortunate that my job seems sercure. But I watch many around our community faced with the same issue. Several older workers @ Wally World recently had their hours cut below the threshold. I am afraid it will only get worse.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    These [bad word] either think they can pile on regulations and people/corps will sit still for it (stupid) or they know just as well as the rest of us what's going to happen (evil). Whether they're stupid or evil, though, either way we're all the recipients of the large helical fastener in an uncomfortable place. I happen to think he's doing damage to us on purpose, though; he's been too consistent.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They just posted open enrollment for insurance for our temp workers. I don't recall our temp agencies ever offering insurance. I'll guarantee you my employer would never allow our temp workers to only work 29 hours per week.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    But, but, but, Obama is the CHAMPION of the poor workers. See, if these were only UNION shops they could demand higher compensation, medical coverage and a host of other perks...until the company went bankrupt.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    But, but, but, Obama is the CHAMPION of the poor workers. See, if these were only UNION shops they could demand higher compensation, medical coverage and a host of other perks...until the company went bankrupt.

Many of the unions, I've heard, have been given exemptions from participation. Hmmmmm, I wonder how THAT happened?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    "...the power to tax involves the power to destroy..."
    Chief Justice John Marshall, McCulloch v. Maryland, 1819

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Many of the unions, I've heard, have been given exemptions from participation. Hmmmmm, I wonder how THAT happened?

As well as many corporations which contributed to the President's campaign.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    There have been very few changes for me and the company I work for that I've seen. Slight changes to coverages and rates (nothing drastic). I'm not insured through my employer and am not being forced to buy their insurance. The biggest change in my family's insurance is an increased deductible.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Things have happened at my workplace which I'm not at liberty to discuss in public forums, but suffice it to say there's equal chance that it's a normal business thing or an Obama thing. Not going to blame Obama, but I'm sure Obamacare didn't help.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom