• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Blame Obama all you want, the truth is if Romney won this would still be happening.

I blame Congress. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi pushed this through at the behest of the President.

The truth is that Romney already went on record that such is a state power, not federal. Of this I agree.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I know a manager that works for a national pizza chain, he said the same thing, big changes coming for workers.

The irony of all this is that the people who are going to get screwed the worst, are the people most likely to have voted for Obama in the first place.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    My employer wont lay anyone off, so I am lucky there. They will in all likelihood opt to pay the fines, rather than provide us insurance. Another great design of Obamacare, its cheaper to pay the fine than to insure you employees.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My employer wont lay anyone off, so I am lucky there. They will in all likelihood opt to pay the fines, rather than provide us insurance. Another great design of Obamacare, its cheaper to pay the fine than to insure you employees.

By design. Make it cheaper for employers to drop coverage initially,(fines increase drastically in a couple of years) then by the time it becomes more affordable to actually provide the benefit, most small private insurers wilhave gone out of business, leaving only the Mega corps that are beholden to the .gov for payments. It's a backdoor rte to single payer and nationalized health care and absolute govt control.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    This kinda sucks

I'm really glad I work for a small company, the wife on the other hand works for a large one, no news yet from her on this

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You may not understand it now, but you'd better get a clue. It's ALL about and because of obamacare. You'll be seeing a lot of full time workers wind up part time. Your temps getting open enrollment? They'll be paying for ALL of it, no corporate contribution. Think you could afford that as a temp? Neither do I. I said this back in 2007, and if there was any way to dig that up I would; electing barky would be like electing the enemy president. I absolutely stand by that, and ABSOLUTELY everything I've seen since then reinforces that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know a manager that works for a national pizza chain, he said the same thing, big changes coming for workers.

The irony of all this is that the people who are going to get screwed the worst, are the people most likely to have voted for Obama in the first place.

This is true, but there was plenty of evidence for the dim bulbs to have seen this coming, so do you really think they will learn anything from the 'change' being that of having their income cut in half (or less) rather than receiving the loot the Thief in Chief promised them?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    This is true, but there was plenty of evidence for the dim bulbs to have seen this coming, so do you really think they will learn anything from the 'change' being that of having their income cut in half (or less) rather than receiving the loot the Thief in Chief promised them?

Nope. Unfortunately, the "dim bulbs" by definition are going to buy the drivel from the media that the screwing they're getting is the greedy corporations fault.

In turn, they'll clamor for even more government intervention.

We're on an unsustainable path, governed by the least intelligent among us (through their votes).

This isn't going to end well.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Blame Obama all you want, the truth is if Romney won this would still be happening.

Because Obama was elected in the first place in 2008. Don't be absurd, things would be different if Obama had never got into office. Now no one knows for sure if we would be better off or worse off if Obama had not found a way into the white house but one thing for sure we are screwed royally as long as he is in office.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nope. Unfortunately, the "dim bulbs" by definition are going to buy the drivel from the media that the screwing they're getting is the greedy corporations fault.

In turn, they'll clamor for even more government intervention.

We're on an unsustainable path, governed by the least intelligent among us (through their votes).

This isn't going to end well.

No, it isn't, and my investment strategy reflects as much.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Because Obama was elected in the first place in 2008. Don't be absurd, things would be different if Obama had never got into office. Now no one knows for sure if we would be better off or worse off if Obama had not found a way into the white house but one thing for sure we are screwed royally as long as he is in office.

Things would most likely be very different. The Rs probably wouldn't have chosen to run someone that was anything but a republican. A "republican" that has said he respects many things that Obama has done and would have done them himself.

Kraor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Knox County
    Its much easier to drop employees from plans and pay the fines. No overhead, no research, no administrators. Then the Dems can call it a success! I can hear them now: "Look how many people are on the Gov't exchange... we are doing so much GOOD! (and we just took over 1/6th of the economy of the US.. stupid conservatives, they don't understand the power of all the sheep we have trapped on welfare)"

My company employs a little under 200 people and have already let slip that we will lose our insurance as soon as ObamaCare goes into effect. The administration of offering your own plans will more than double with all the "extra" work you have to do representing the "Exchange Plans" as equal and supported plans, as mandated by the fed. We would have to hire twice the HR staff just to deal with it...

Top Bottom