• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Then that community is establishing THE religion, even if it allow other religions to practice outside of that venue. Government giving one religion privilages another religion isn't allowed IS establishing a religion.

I don't get why evangelicals push this state power so hard. By all means, spread your word. That's the great commission. It IS a major part of Christianity. It's a free country. Just try not to violate other people's rights and you're good to go. But you don't get to use the power of the state to do it. But, everyone should get equal treatment. So allow all religious artifacts in schools, or none. No special treatment.
    Too bad we let the cults of environmentalism and sex idolatry persist though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No it isn't established its stating what that community wants. If the community doesn't want anything so be it.
    It should be left up to the community not the government.
    How is putting up a poster with good moral guidance an establishment of religion?

How does "the community" have any power other than being government? If it's a private school, no problem. I would not expect a Christian school to allow anything but Christian artifacts. If it's a public school, that's a different beast. Everyone at a public school should have equal protection under the law. That's how free societies work.

You want 10 commandments? You're free to have your Christian schools. Other religions are free to have theirs. The community is not empowered to establish a religion as having special statuses and privileges. This is what freedom of religion means. Free exercise is equal exercise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Too bad we let the cults of environmentalism and sex idolatry persist though.
    I'd like to classify those as religions of sorts because they are. And they've been allowed to establish the cult as a defacto religion. Would love to see the courts slap that **** down under those grounds. I don't view ideology as being fundamentally different from religion. The only difference is what they worship.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    How does "the community" have any power other than being government? If it's a private school, no problem. I would not expect a Christian school to allow anything but Christian artifacts. If it's a public school, that's a different beast. Everyone at a public school should have equal protection under the law. That's how free societies work.

You want 10 commandments? You're free to have your Christian schools. Other religions are free to have theirs. The community is not empowered to establish a religion as having special statuses and privileges. This is what freedom of religion means. Free exercise is equal exercise.
    We disagree on the interpretation of what is establishing religion and what is not.
    If we go by what the founders thought in their writing we see that teachings the bible in school was not establishing religion.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd like to classify those as religions of sorts because they are. And they've been allowed to establish the cult as a defacto religion. Would love to see the courts slap that **** down under those grounds. I don't view ideology as being fundamentally different from religion. The only difference is what they worship.
    We are not a nation of laws. We are a nation of political will.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We disagree on the interpretation of what is establishing religion and what is not.
    If we go by what the founders thought in their writing we see that teachings the bible in school was not establishing religion.

If there were other competing religions would they have continued supporting that one over the others? How is making Christianity privileged to be taught as THE religion not establishing religion? And why would you want that to be taught in public schools anyway?

Who gets to decide what is truth and what is heretical? If you're protestant, why would you want a Catholic teacher teaching your kid the Bible? If you're Catholic, why would you want a Baptist teaching your kid the Bible? Religious teaching belongs to parents and their own church. Keep it out of schools.

Oh. Here's a good one. What if one teacher in school teaches pre-trib? And another teaches post? Or mid-trib? Now there's a knock down drag out fight waiting to brew at the next school board meeting. :):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And why would you want that to be taught in public schools anyway?

These guys gave the reasons.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

These guys gave the reasons.
    They gave reasons. They didn't give THE reasons. It's not surprising that Christians would be able to imagine why their religion's precepts should be defacto. Like I said before posting the 10 commandments in school will get the displays vandalized, and probably with some teacher's help or leadership. They're not a magic talisman that causes people just to start obeying.

Certainly Christianity was very influential in the founding of the US. Not as completely as you might want it to be. Can you find reasoning that isn't dependent on Christians making the case? I suspect there's bias involved. :):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They gave reasons. They didn't give THE reasons. It's not surprising that Christians would be able to imagine why their religion's precepts should be defacto. Like I said before posting the 10 commandments in school will get the displays vandalized, and probably with some teacher's help or leadership. They're not a magic talisman that causes people just to start obeying.

Certainly Christianity was very influential in the founding of the US. Not as completely as you might want it to be. Can you find reasoning that isn't dependent on Christians making the case? I suspect there's bias involved. :):
    Can you find a woke, transgender, secular humanist founders?
    If not you'll have to take what they said even though they are evil Christians.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t think Christians are evil. At least no more evil than any other human. And why do I need to find a woke person?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don’t think Christians are evil. At least no more evil than any other human. And why do I need to find a woke person?
    You asked
    Can you find reasoning that isn't dependent on Christians making the case? I suspect there's bias involved.

I was going by what the founders, and forefathers had to say on the subject.
    If you want to know if they thought it was a bad idea, and not a Christian founder or forefather you'll be hard pressed to find one that didn't believe in Jehovah or Christ.
    So unless you can find a woke, transgender, secular humanist founder, or forefather we won't have any other input. We'll have to go with what the evil white founders, and forefathers believed, and wrote.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    :whistle:

Last time I mentioned my religion on INGO it went super well, so I thought I would just pop in to mention that we don’t even put the 10 Commandments on our schoolhouse walls, and we invented them…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't get why evangelicals push this state power so hard. By all means, spread your word. That's the great commission. It IS a major part of Christianity. It's a free country. Just try not to violate other people's rights and you're good to go. But you don't get to use the power of the state to do it. But, everyone should get equal treatment. So allow all religious artifacts in schools, or none. No special treatment.
    Indeed, as part of that group, I don't get it either.

We decry government overreach, all while trying to gain as much power and push as many laws as we can. We complain that we are silenced silenced and oppressed, while trying to silence and oppress others.

We don't seem to realize that the stick we get bashed with is the same one we are bashing others with.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :whistle:

Last time I mentioned my religion on INGO it went super well, so I thought I would just pop in to mention that we don’t even put the 10 Commandments on our schoolhouse walls, and we invented them…
    How many churches have a copy on their walls?

I know mine doesn't. I can't recall the last time I saw a poster sized print of them.

Might be as far back as church camp when that was the topic of the week.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh. Here's a good one. What if one teacher in school teaches pre-trib? And another teaches post? Or mid-trib? Now there's a knock down drag out fight waiting to brew at the next school board meeting. :):
    I'll be damned if some pre-trib loser is going to teach our children algebra! :)

Funny thing about, "the community should decide" is that it's ok if they choose what we want, but if it's a community in San Francisco...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bet a lot of Jefferson's contemporaries considered him woke for the era.

And the dude literally cut out parts of the Bible he disagreed with...

As to sexual deviants, look no further than Ben Franklin.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bet a lot of Jefferson's contemporaries considered him woke for the era.

And the dude literally cut out parts of the Bible he disagreed with...

As to sexual deviants, look no further than Ben Franklin.
    Then pull up quotes as to their dislike of the bible, and how it should never be used in schools or government.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Then pull up quotes as to their dislike of the bible, and how it should never be used in schools or government.
    Look, I'm not disagreeing with you about this, I am disagreeing with Texas making the display of the Ten Commandments mandatory.

Top Bottom