• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What do you mean it works or it doesn't? Lots of evolutionary changes didn't work.

Last I heard, evolution was a theory. Thus there is no concrete repeatable proof it is correct. It is merely the best explanation based upon known data. Scientists are always looking for more data to prove it, or in some cases to disprove it I imagine.
    So just one species out of trillions has gained our intellectual level? Certainly not repeatable…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So just one species out of trillions has gained our intellectual level? Certainly not repeatable…
    I don't think there have been trillions of species on this planet.

We don't know if it is repeatable or not. There is a lot we don't know. It could have happened a lot in the Universe. There are an uncountable number of planets out there which we have no idea what happened, is happening, or will happen.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is there money for proving it?
    Lots of money given to the study of evolution. Given to those that are doing the work the funders want. If they suspect for a second one hopes their research results counter the evolution narrative they will never fund it. Please tell me you are just cantankerous on this and do not believe they would?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What’s your repeatable alternative theory?
    The most repeatable theory is that man does not know but a thimble in an ocean of unknown. That the heart of man in evil. That man is an arrogant creature uncomfortable in the admission that he does not know, and currently is incapable of knowing…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Lots of money given to the study of evolution. Given to those that are doing the work the funders want. If they suspect for a second one hopes their research results counter the evolution narrative they will never fund it. Please tell me you are just cantankerous on this and do not believe they would?
    Is there government money? Private money is irrelevant.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It takes no faith to not believe in an invisible being in the sky. Period.

Atheism is the default setting at birth. You are taught what to believe.

Guess what you would most likely be if you were born in Saudi Arabia...
    Too bad. Agnosticism is a much better default

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The most repeatable theory is that man does not know but a thimble in an ocean of unknown. That the heart of man in evil. That man is an arrogant creature uncomfortable in the admission that he does not know, and currently is incapable of knowing…

That's supported by plenty of evidence but that's not an alternate theory to what we're talking about here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That “theory” is taught as fact, children in schools are not taught that we don’t know for sure.
    I mean, we’re pretty sure. But I would rather they present it more as “scientists believe x” than “it is x”.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean, we’re pretty sure. But I would rather they present it more as “scientists believe x” than “it is x”.
    We are not “pretty sure” that macro evolution led to Homo sapiens. They may believe that but the evidence record is significantly lacking. It was millions of years for pea brain to become golf ball brain but in thousands of years grew to the size of today.

Micro evolution does not prove macro evolution…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We are not “pretty sure” that macro evolution led to Homo sapiens. They may believe that but the evidence record is significantly lacking. It was millions of years for pea brain to become golf ball brain but in thousands of years grew to the size of today.

Micro evolution does not prove macro evolution…
    Thousands? As in less than 10 thousand?

Top Bottom