• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Any bets on how long it will take before one of the homeless living there steals or beats the guy?

Here's an even more interesting scenario...

Sometime after The Fourth of July, he will be sued by one of the "residents" when another resident sets off fireworks and burns the guy's tent down.

The "victim" will say, "This guy should have known it was dangerous to have fireworks around this many people packed so closely together and should have stopped it..."

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Im sure there is a ordinance against it. I googled some stuff see if any of this helps your search

bloomington city ordiance - Google Search

It's not land. It's a lot, and quite a small one at that. This neighborhood backs up against the Bloomington Country Club too. Wait till they catch wind of it.

I called the city to ask about hosting a live band for a neighborhood block party this summer, and was told I had to apply for a permit, with fees. Not real sure why they allow vagrants to take up residency in a homeowners backyard without a necessary permit, or fees.

Guys, people can complain till they are blue in the face, it's a Monro County issue, not the City of Bloomington's issue with this man having the tent city.

VVVVVVVVVV

The makeshift camp and Taylor's home are just outside city limits.
    Personally I'd have a real problem in more ways than one with this if it was my neighborhood.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Guys, people can complain till they are blue in the face, it's a Monro County issue, not the City of Bloomington's issue with this man having the tent city.

VVVVVVVVVV

Personally I'd have a real problem in more ways than one with this if it was my neighborhood.
    I'm not so sure about that. That could very well be a reporter error. I will find out tomorrow. I am in the city limits and the only thing that separates my neighborhood from that neighborhood is a golf course.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm not so sure about that. That could very well be a reporter error. I will find out tomorrow. I am in the city limits and the only thing that separates my neighborhood from that neighborhood is a golf course.

go down to the police station they have a big jurisdiction map in the lobby. and if I was a neighbor I would call and complain about anything legal I could.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Let us stop predicting all the negative crap, OK? Nobody has a good enough crystal ball to see all the positives and negatives of this.

I always believe that the private sector can do better than the public.

Here is a citizen stepping up on his own, putting his money where his mouth is and doing what he thinks is right. Kudos to him!!!

Whatever "zoning issues" there might be a good attorney could probably fight them off reasonably easily, so small technicalities aside it is his property and his right to improve it or devalue it as he sees fit.

Remember, "And the King shall answer and say unto them, "Verily, I say unto you, Insasmuch as ye done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

I don't quote scripture too much, but it seemed fitting here.

Regards,

Doug

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    His land, his business. And I for one think he's doing a great thing.

No, private citizens have no business helping one another. Only the state is qualified to provide assistance.

His private property should be taken from him and turned into a permanent homeless shelter to provide an example of the state's benevolence.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm curious as to how many of the homeless there are those who have been hit the hardest by the current recession/depression? ie. those who have last their home/job/everything in the last 12 months?

Its a sticky situation regardless. I'm all for property rights, but man, I can help but think I would be concerned if I was a neighbor of his.:dunno:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

Thank you. Blessed are the compassionate. So many people give lip service to limited government and the sanctity of private property until someone does something that annoys them, at which point private property isn't so inviolate.

Zoning laws are just using another person's property without paying for it.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Matthew 25:40
    "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

He really doesn't need my opinion. God will bless him.

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i had a homeless guy in denver follow me for about 4 blocks. every time i came to a cross walk hed ask me for some change. then he began insulting me when i refused to give him money. finally i told him if he crossed the next street with me i was going to take him into an alley and beat him senseless.

i imagine a fair share of them are just like you and me, but caught some bad breaks in their life. but a fair share of them are also drunks, drug users, hookers, and general nuisances who are probably borderline/fully blown insane. who wants their kids out playing in the yard with a hobo camp set up right next door?

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Matthew 25:40
    "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

He really doesn't need my opinion. God will bless him.

THIS. If I had any more rep, I'd send some your way. Hopefully I catch this thread on another day and remind myself.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Anyone who tries ti fight this guy without offering a viable solution deserves the current level of Big Government we have.

This is exactly why welfare became a federal issue with the "Brother can you spare a dime" tent cities in our capital and across the country. Everyone: most decided it was not their burden so they left it to the government to handle.

Now it states that he busses them in and out every day so johnny should be safe playing on the lawn unless he is running the streets at all hours.

This 91 year old man survived the depression and instead of fighting him they should find ways to help him find a permanent solution like putting them to work.

Old foot might be packing an old peace maker or a 1911 he bought in 1920 so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

The plight of the homeless is sad and often needless but I expect a greater percentage of the population will get a first hand taste of it sooner rather than later.

So with the not my problem attitude so prevalent we shouldn't offer some of our extra or work to any of them because they are all worthless and deviates just draining society.

Hey maybe we should just put those "people" in the Female camps we worry about. Then we will really be safe from them.

Sorry I don't do purple because you all should be smart enough to infer by now.

If not us, then who?

Being the smuggest and richest or the best and brightest is a daily choice. Each of us has something to contribute to our country. Finding the compassion or decency to freely give and make a difference for someone other then ourselves is what seperates us from the lower life forms. IMHO

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I take it this isn't a HOA neighborhood.:D

It's not land. It's a lot, and quite a small one at that.

You guys CRACK ME UP with your logic, or illogic. Only Fletch was brave enough to say it and for that he gets rep points :yesway:

Last year I got blasted for agreeing with a new county ordnance/restriction about shooting on land that was less than 1 acre. Seems many of you were claiming that people had the right to shoot on small suburban lots and that the noise form your shooting was your neighbors problem.

I also caught crap in several threads for defending home owners associations. People used the "my land is my business" argument all the time and now you see something you don't like, something that is outside of your comfort zone and you complain and you want big gubmint to come in and help you out. :dunno:

OK. :n00b:

Top Bottom