• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Ok, I'm raising the BS flag here. Avon is #36, Mitchell is #57 and they have the Persimmon Festival (I like me some persimmon puddin, but come on!!) Hell, AUSTIN is less redneck than Avon?? WTF??!!

I feel your pain.....they have Danville way down yonder. I bet once we get our Wally world open.......and if we can get the liquor store monopoly straightened out, we could be top 10 redneck city.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    South Bend not in the top 10,and Elkhart is,........sorry,I do not agree......

Yeah the whole list lost my interest when Michigan City & Elkhart made it on there and the daily shootings of South Bend did not! APPARENTLY Gang bangers dont tweet #GHETTO while doing drivebys.

Yup, what they said. Don't know about MC, but Elkhart is in way better shape than South Bend.

I'm wondering how Osceola didn't make the list.

I think Osceola would be more at home on the white trash/redneck list if ya know what I mean.:whistle:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Marion on the list….really? But not Ft. Wayne….really? In fact Ft. Wayne is way down on the list…..? How come just about every night on the news I see another stabbing or shooting in Ft. Wayne…and usually the same area. Maybe its a richer ghetto…..?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Marion on the list….really? But not Ft. Wayne….really? In fact Ft. Wayne is way down on the list…..? How come just about every night on the news I see another stabbing or shooting in Ft. Wayne…and usually the same area. Maybe its a richer ghetto…..?

Same reason South bend isn't, I guess. Regardless of what is going on in a few neighborhoods, there are some nice areas, a decent downtown, and enough economic activity that working people and the middle and upper middle class have not abandoned the city.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Is it just a coincedence that these areas are heavy democratic control? Like When Detroit was a Republican dominated area it had the highest wage and standard of living of any industrial city in America. In 1962 the political tide changed and look at Detroit today. Democratic socializm and prosperity always seem to be at odds. Don't get mad at me, I don't like the republicans that much either.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is it just a coincedence that these areas are heavy democratic control? Like When Detroit was a Republican dominated area it had the highest wage and standard of living of any industrial city in America. In 1962 the political tide changed and look at Detroit today. Democratic socializm and prosperity always seem to be at odds. Don't get mad at me, I don't like the republicans that much either.

While I'm no fan of Democrats, generally, they're not the ones who built the crappy cars and let the Japanese and German companies take their market share.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    While I'm no fan of Democrats, generally, they're not the ones who built the crappy cars and let the Japanese and German companies take their market share.

No, but Democrats were the ones who enabled unions to atrophy the domestic automobile industry, such that the domestic automobile industry was less competitive against those Japanese and German companies.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Hough, what does an opinion of domestic cars of the 1960's have to do with failing leadership and fiscal responsibility?

But to address your comment, if poorly designed, poorly engineered products produced by uneducated workers was the cause of collapse of a communities standards, there would not be a Walmart, Kmart, Target or similar store standing. Last I knew, they were making enough money to stay in business.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hough, what does an opinion of domestic cars of the 1960's have to do with failing leadership and fiscal responsibility?

But to address your comment, if poorly designed, poorly engineered products produced by uneducated workers was the cause of collapse of a communities standards, there would not be a Walmart, Kmart, Target or similar store standing. Last I knew, they were making enough money to stay in business.

As to Detroit, less cars sold, less jobs. Less money in the community due to the downfall of the car makers means every business that sold goods and services to the car makers and their employees suffered- less money means less jobs for those businesses too.
    Show me a local government run by anyone that PLANS to have less money next year and in ten years than the year before. Regardless of the incompetence of the local government, Detroit suffered because the industries that supported it suffered. Local government can only make marginal differences one way or the other. The same goes for Gary and the steel industry.

Though I will agree that unions did not help the car (or steel) manufacturers remain profitable, and, in fact, hurt that effort. From the '60s to today, some unions are very good at providing relatively high wages and benefits for low skilled or unskilled workers and that has served, in some cases, to kill the golden goose.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That always ticks me off. A redneck just means a guy who has an outside JOB. He works. Redneck is no insult.

Overheard at a wedding in Los Angeles from a conversation between my wife and one of her childhood friends....

"Your husband is funny and comes across like a real redneck..."

"Hush...He may hear you and he is arrogant enough as it is..."

"Is that a really a compliment????"

"Not really...But that's how he will take it...."

[video=youtube;bIEeOHe0bmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEeOHe0bmw[/video]

"Don't call me...Dirt floor Cracker....Them words just fill me with pride..."
    J J Cale, MOFRO :)

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I was really surprised to see that Fort Wayne and South Bend were not higher on the list. I worked in Fort Wayne, on second shift, and was in the hood every night, not a place to break down, and yes there seemed to be a shooting, stabbing, rape, at least once a week. DO NOT miss working there.

Top Bottom