• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It's not comforting seeing Terre Haute on the list, but I've not seen any major issues coming out of there.

I was back in the Haute for Homecoming this year. I saw nothing to indicate that it was any more ghetto now than it was in the late 90s when I was in school there.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Once again Southern Indiana is not represented at all and is treated like we are a whole other state...I am happy this time.....

Lol.. But with a change in data collected S Indiana would scream to the top.
    Change the data to Aids, glass pipe sales, meth manufacturing and SSI checks and twitter with. # herewatchthis.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I was back in the Haute for Homecoming this year. I saw nothing to indicate that it was any more ghetto now than it was in the late 90s when I was in school there.

Yeah, at the very least I'd move TH down to #5 and the rest up. Did y'all notice the article isn't consistent in the factors it lists for each city? For example, they list income/drop out rate/crime for #1 and #2, then they list income/crime/drug stores for #3, then they list income/drop out rate/discount stores for #4, convenience stores for #8.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Just because a place is extremely poverty stricken does not mean it is a ghetto. I work in a part of Indy that is very poor, but I would not classify it as a ghetto. Now the North East side...that is a different story.

Bigguy5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Michigan City
    South Bend not in the top 10,and Elkhart is,........sorry,I do not agree......

Yeah the whole list lost my interest when Michigan City & Elkhart made it on there and the daily shootings of South Bend did not! APPARENTLY Gang bangers dont tweet #GHETTO while doing drivebys.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Was this list a jab at redneck towns?Heck,I think all those towns would be a good place to raise a redneck kid..........Praise the Lord,pass the Ammo...I'm all shook up!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That always ticks me off. A redneck just means a guy who has an outside JOB. He works. Redneck is no insult.

White Trash means inside, watching the expensive television all day with NO job.

I grew up with both. There's overlap. Do you need a Venn diagram?

Top Bottom